Fair Shake for Islamic Center

Fair Shake for Islamic Center

There are 2 comments on the The Dispatch story from Jun 4, 2007, titled Fair Shake for Islamic Center. In it, The Dispatch reports that:

A few pointed comments in opposition to the Islamic religious center proposed for San Martin have surfaced in print recently, both in news stories and in letters to the editor. via The Dispatch

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Dispatch.

Sleepy

San Jose, CA

#1 Jun 4, 2007
My main concern is one of noise associated with the proposed Islamic center in San Martin. Will this center broadcast a "call to prayer?" If so, the noise associated with a loudspeaker broadcasting the call with be detrimental to the community and those individuals attempty to sleep at 4am. I believe that call to prayer occurs six times a day and can be as early as 3am and as late as 11pm. We need to make sure that the quiet country atmosphere of of San Martin is preserved by having the center sign a contract stating that they will not do loudspeaker broadcasts.
jack whelan

AOL

#2 Jul 4, 2007
Sleepy wrote:
My main concern is one of noise associated with the proposed Islamic center in San Martin. Will this center broadcast a "call to prayer?" If so, the noise associated with a loudspeaker broadcasting the call with be detrimental to the community and those individuals attempty to sleep at 4am. I believe that call to prayer occurs six times a day and can be as early as 3am and as late as 11pm. We need to make sure that the quiet country atmosphere of of San Martin is preserved by having the center sign a contract stating that they will not do loudspeaker broadcasts.
thank you who ever wrote this!! and i would also like to say that i would not like to see this come to fruition...it's too big. while i'm here does anybody know why so called moderate muslims never call the radical muslims on the carpet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ICE arrests Salvadoran man heading to work in W... Tue Ricardo 6
News Plane lands on California highway median; no on... Feb 19 stupid 3
News Vallejoa s a steampunka mayor swears in Chamber... Jan 24 SouthsideJohnny 26
specialized bike from local dealer Jammed w/Inj... Jan '18 JammedTrailBike 1
News Rural Mosque or Trojan Horse? (Mar '16) Mar '16 Dawn of Reality 9
Where be the mosque? (Mar '16) Mar '16 sam ritchey 1
News Watsonville pilots drill for disaster response (Oct '14) Oct '14 I am sorry 1

San Martin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Martin Mortgages