California seeks to ban free, single-...

California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

There are 5134 comments on the Chain Store Age story from Jun 5, 2010, titled California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail. In it, Chain Store Age reports that:

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chain Store Age.

Kevin

San Jose, CA

#3718 Jun 29, 2012
Stupid Californians should put a little of their effort on reducing all the crime in this state. But their dead brain is only on the environment.
Egbert

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3726 Jul 11, 2012
Stop whining get a shopping bag. Sick of seeing all these plastic bags blowing around cal-city.The manufactures of plastic bags could change to making reusable ones.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#3727 Jul 11, 2012
Egbert wrote:
Stop whining get a shopping bag. Sick of seeing all these plastic bags blowing around cal-city.The manufactures of plastic bags could change to making reusable ones.
Egbert.

The anti-plastic grocery bag user Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax scheme had its genius in Long Beach. Long Beach is home to one of the Government's most radical of the taxpayer funded State universities. They use hard earned taxpayer money to come up with all kinds of loony ideas of this nature. The accommodative Long Beach political ruling class then enacts those distopian ideas into law.

The Lowenthal grocery and goods bag tax that is imposed on the minority of city residents who pay taxes is just one of their nutty taxpayer funded ideas.*(The Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax is not imposed on the voting majority who pay for their "free" groceries with taxpayer funded food stamps)*

One of the problems of all this "community activism" *(so to speak)* is that our one time community of self-governing free-men have become too fearful to act unless dictated to by the revolutionary ruling class. Instead of becoming "sick" from seeing all the plastic bags blowing around your city *(as you "claim")* why not just pick them up and deposit them in a taxpayer funded Government trash bin? Let us join with the sugar and salt eaters, the beverage drinkers, and the planet destroying global warming causing toilet paper users to defeat Fascism. United in fraternal brotherhood , we can WIN!

Ronald
reading

AOL

#3728 Jul 11, 2012
this is all a good read
Iain Armstrong England

Manchester, UK

#3729 Jul 12, 2012
We are doing a similiar idea here in England your Sister city. What is your success rate to date.
Retail

La Puente, CA

#3730 Jul 12, 2012
Business is business, get along and collect he taxes.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#3731 Jul 12, 2012
Iain Armstrong England wrote:
We are doing a similiar idea here in England your Sister city. What is your success rate to date.
Iain Armstrong England.

The revolutionary ruling class *(now in power)* has always despised the worker *("middle")* class because they were able to enjoy an unparalleled level of freedom, prosperity, and opportunity. During the revolution, they denigrated comfortable worker *("middle")* class housing as "tickey-tacks". The Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax is just one more nail in the coffin of the minority of ordinary worker class Americans who are suffered to pay Government taxes.*(those who use taxpayer funded food stamps to pay for their "free" food are exempt from paying the Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax)* And to think, it all began with Government's war against its own people - the many millions of women and men who enjoy the simple worker class pleasure of an occasional cigarette or cigar.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/2w5fe5n

Ronald
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#3732 Jul 12, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Iain Armstrong England.
The revolutionary ruling class *(now in power)* has always despised the worker *("middle")* class because they were able to enjoy an unparalleled level of freedom, prosperity, and opportunity. During the revolution, they denigrated comfortable worker *("middle")* class housing as "tickey-tacks". The Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax is just one more nail in the coffin of the minority of ordinary worker class Americans who are suffered to pay Government taxes.*(those who use taxpayer funded food stamps to pay for their "free" food are exempt from paying the Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax)* And to think, it all began with Government's war against its own people - the many millions of women and men who enjoy the simple worker class pleasure of an occasional cigarette or cigar.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/2w5fe5n
Ronald
Ronald : Great link to back up your argument, I like how you argue RiccardoFire
Louiston

Omaha, NE

#3733 Jul 12, 2012
California Motto: "We're broke but at least we're going to hell in an eco-friendly hand basket!"
Louiston

Omaha, NE

#3734 Jul 12, 2012
Rose wrote:
Now that I read the posts made by con dumbs, I'm in favor of it. Why don't con dumbs care about the environment? Why do they always whine, "PC"?
More fodder from a mental eunuch.
That rabbit

La Puente, CA

#3735 Jul 12, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney didn't implement a 2001 law designed to combat racial profiling by the police.

In 2006 the local NAACP slammed Romney for referring to a perennially unfinished public works project in Boston, the Big Dig, as a "tar baby."

Just what elese can you expect from a LDS educated racists!
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#3736 Jul 12, 2012
That rabbit wrote:
Willard Mitt Romney didn't implement a 2001 law designed to combat racial profiling by the police.
In 2006 the local NAACP slammed Romney for referring to a perennially unfinished public works project in Boston, the Big Dig, as a "tar baby."
The NAACP doesn't hold much credibility in this country. It's a race bait group. I think Ronald would agree. http://www.rollitup.org/legal-edge/432686-wha...

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#3737 Jul 12, 2012
That rabbit wrote:
Nice handle, I remember watching Your TV show in the 60's.
Know Weigh

South San Francisco, CA

#3738 Jul 12, 2012
Great, they can't balance the budget and watch this state sink, but worry about how we're going to carry groceries and sundries home..
I'm so proud to have this representation!
Know Weigh

South San Francisco, CA

#3739 Jul 12, 2012
They can't balance the budget and watch this State sink, but worry about how we carry our groceries home.

I'm so sproud of this representation! Great job!
Muka

La Puente, CA

#3740 Jul 12, 2012
Five to ten pounds should be about right for a easy walk home.
Lincoln Sam

Rocklin, CA

#3742 Jul 14, 2012
conaire wrote:
Sure kill another business in the name of junk science and P.C..
Asinine !!
And how many grebes have you seen swimming around jn Clear Lake with a plastic bag stuck to them?
Ain t

La Puente, CA

#3743 Jul 14, 2012
Bag over the head works wonders.

Since: Mar 12

Los Angeles, CA

#3744 Jul 14, 2012
In this great state there are:
2 million people out of work (my hubby being one of them);
7 million people with no health insurance (my hubby and I being two of them);
40% of the state is on food stamps (including hubby and me);
three cities (Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino) have filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy in the last thirty days with more to follow

and this is all they care about. Some plastic bags? Gimme an f-ing break. I don't know why they did away with paper bags anyway. I always ask for paper at the store.
Not Monday

La Puente, CA

#3745 Jul 14, 2012
Ah, shucks.

Couldn't wait until Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Marino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BPCA Facebook has posted official Abuse Letter ... 9 hr Monicas dog 15
News Long Beach man pleads no contest in student's m... (Sep '09) 15 hr You are all stupid 45
News San Marino police arrest mother and daughter fo... May '16 Tired tax payer 1
New interim fire chief hired for San Gabriel, S... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Mishele Richards 2
best business in san marino (Jun '15) Jun '15 Cynthia Schorr 1
San Marino Girls School in 1950's? (Apr '10) Oct '14 Sgcheyney 3
News US Storage Centers Opens Flagship Facility in A... (Aug '14) Aug '14 ijroo 1

San Marino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Marino Mortgages