Fires still burning throughout Central Texas, including Bastrop, Steiner Ranch

There are 74 comments on the Austin American-Statesman story from Sep 5, 2011, titled Fires still burning throughout Central Texas, including Bastrop, Steiner Ranch. In it, Austin American-Statesman reports that:

Several wildfires continue to burn and many neighborhoods have been forced to evacuate throughout Central Texas today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American-Statesman.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
leah

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 5, 2011
What about the colony of cedar creek?? I'm worry for my friends.
Poya

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2011
Wat about ppl on Los Cielos by Del Valle high School?
De J

Columbus, TX

#3 Sep 5, 2011
Do we know which way it is heading. Someone said Gonzales PLEASE keep me posted
Callie S

Fredericksburg, TX

#4 Sep 5, 2011
This is the FB page for Steiner Ranch. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steiner-Ranch-S...

The Spicewood fire is 80% contained, SR is 20% contained and Bastrop is out of control.
fjc

United States

#5 Sep 5, 2011
The one on bluebonnet acres is being controlled to the best of our ability, there are isolated fires, they are sending in multiple bull dozers its looking better but far from over.
lavonne

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 5, 2011
does anyone know about the rock c ranch in smithville?
kmh

Austin, TX

#7 Sep 5, 2011
I would suggest getting the hell out of there if you live near bastrop and smithville just in case.
lavonne

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Sep 5, 2011
anyone heard anything about rock c ranch in smithville?
MmM

Bastrop, TX

#9 Sep 5, 2011
Poya wrote:
Wat about ppl on Los Cielos by Del Valle high School?
It's no where near Los Cielos - It isn't close to Del Valle
selena

Austin, TX

#10 Sep 5, 2011
My son lives off of hwy 95 and 2336 ..does anyone know if the fire is there or if that part has been evacuated?????? No one is answering my calls??? Plz if anyone knows sumthn plz post
Closeby

San Antonio, TX

#12 Sep 5, 2011
selena wrote:
My son lives off of hwy 95 and 2336 ..does anyone know if the fire is there or if that part has been evacuated?????? No one is answering my calls??? Plz if anyone knows sumthn plz post
There are all kind of lines down in the Bastrop area. As for the 95-2336 area, I haven't heard them mentioned. If you can, go the KEYE TV NEWS AUSTIN TEXAS. They have been on it all day, today.
Concerned

United States

#13 Sep 5, 2011
What about Buckhorn Drive off Terri Lane?
selena

Austin, TX

#14 Sep 5, 2011
Closeby wrote:
<quoted text>
There are all kind of lines down in the Bastrop area. As for the 95-2336 area, I haven't heard them mentioned. If you can, go the KEYE TV NEWS AUSTIN TEXAS. They have been on it all day, today.
thank u so much
paramedpete

Austin, TX

#15 Sep 5, 2011
I believe the colony is still ok. had a fire there yesterday but was quickly extinguished
paramedpete

Austin, TX

#16 Sep 5, 2011
Ilive off foothill and no danger as of yet if the weather holds.
selena wrote:
cynthia

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2011
Anybody know about pearce lane?!
paramedpete

Austin, TX

#18 Sep 5, 2011
NO!!
MmM wrote:
<quoted text>It's no where near Los Cielos - It isn't close to Del Valle
Philip Bender

Bradenton, FL

#19 Sep 5, 2011
Any word concerning the address of 240 Milam lane, Bastrop TX
selena

Austin, TX

#20 Sep 5, 2011
paramedpete wrote:
Ilive off foothill and no danger as of yet if the weather holds.<quoted text>
No thank u so much!! Ur rite next to my son ..if u can plz keep me informed wit a post or feel free to text me 2813188613 ...of any changes of any kind ... I'm still unable to get a hold of. My son who is 7 and lives wit his dad... at 192 flaming oak Dr. God bless. U and ur family and my prayers are wit u and the entire community
andrew

United States

#21 Sep 5, 2011
selena wrote:
I was on 2336 today off 95 just after noon and went to the end of something cemetery road and nothing there yet but you could see all the smoke very well in the distance. Hope that helps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Marcos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Ashley Brady May 15 waistdeep 1
Debate: Marijuana - San Marcos, TX (Sep '10) Apr '15 PatriotsHaveRights 68
pretty red head who works at chickfila Apr '15 TheMFtime 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Apr '15 Brandy 50
courtney barber Apr '15 just woundering 1
More from around the web

San Marcos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]