San Manuel mine to officially close w...

San Manuel mine to officially close with a bang

There are 25 comments on the KNXV story from Jan 17, 2007, titled San Manuel mine to officially close with a bang. In it, KNXV reports that:

One of the largest underground copper mines in the world is expected to officially close Wednesday as demolition crews blast its twin smelter stacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNXV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Former SM Resident

Maricopa, AZ

#21 Feb 27, 2008
haha - I definitely appreciate the comments regarding the star on the smokestacks!! That's my favorite "smokestack story," too! I was born and raised in SM, and moved to Tucson just before junior high.(I went to CDO too, Lori! Small town, small world...)
Kim Huff

Atwater, CA

#22 Nov 3, 2008
I came upone this website be looking at classmate.com . I moved to San Manuel in 1972. My father became the Sherrif of the town. In August 1976 we moved to California. I will always remember growin up in San Manuel. I do remember mels drive in and the smoke stacks. My family always complained when the smoke blew over town. That alwful smell. What work is in San Manuel anymore?
cody coons yeck

Salt Lake City, UT

#23 Nov 7, 2008
All who would like to read some cool memories google my hometown san manuel and click on thecloset... it is bringing a lot of people together.

We remember the Whitmers well.
Lorna Whitmer Dent wrote:
I lived in San Manuel for 13 years, my dad worked in the mine all those years, it was so sad to hear the stacks were down. Like others I always remember coming home from tucson or somewhere and we always knew we were close when we saw the stacks. Wonder what will happen to the town now
Mike Maddox

United States

#24 Oct 12, 2010
Worked as an Electrician around 1972
The drop on Monday Moprning made me stop drinking on Sunday
I took up Sky Diving after that
Mike Maddox

United States

#25 Oct 12, 2010
Does anyone have Photos of the Elevator or under ground?
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Manuel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Qriket | Code 4QFGDY | Free PayPal Money | Cash... (Jan '16) 6 hr Sammie dawson 45
Open the Borders Wider in the Decline and Fall ... 9 hr Culture Auditor 1
post feature points referral codes here (May '15) 9 hr Roberto_2502 18
Rainbow 101 Tue anonymous 1
Frature points hacked code Jul 24 Tits 1
News Tucson rally shows solidarity with Black Lives ... Jul 22 Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Masked men home invasion: Michael White, 20 - U... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Itchybutthole 12

San Manuel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Manuel Mortgages