Doctor heads to court after online se...

Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

There are 17963 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Oct 13, 2006, titled Doctor heads to court after online sex sting. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Truth Hawk

Norcross, GA

#18187 Jun 30, 2014
Bob-

Brilliant post. Thanks for bringing it back to the foreground.
Joe

Lovendegem, Belgium

#18188 Jul 3, 2014
So, 8 years later and people keep on going here. Dedicated fan base! I just have a look a few times a year, so.... anything new? Thx.
Carnac The Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18189 Jul 3, 2014
Bob on This wrote:
<quoted text>
California Appellate Court Overturns Craigslist Sex Sting Conviction.
Many times over the last few pages several single-appearance sock puppets have brought up this case as if it could be important to Wolin’s plight.

Well ... you poke the bear enough times, and it starts paying attention.

So I read the appellate decision. It is not good news for MoWo. Rather quite the contrary, as you will see.

Part 1: the facts of the Aguirre case.

The police snared Aguirre (53) with a Craigslist post. At trial he was convicted by a jury of (1) going to meet a minor to engage in lewd or lascivious behavior,(2) attempted lewd conduct with a child under age 14, and (3) communicating with a minor with intent to commit lewd conduct.

The facts of the case where very different from MoWo’s; in Aguirre’s case:
- At the initial contact the decoy did not say she was 13,
- Craigslist users have to represent they are 18 or older,
- Aguirre was sent a provocative photo of a sexually developed young woman,
- Aguirre questioned the decoy’s purported age when he saw the young woman’s picture,
- The decoy behaved in an aggressive manner by repeatedly initiating chat of a sexual nature,
- Aguirre claimed that he thought the decoy was a prostitute engaged in role playing,
- Psychologist testimony that dispels the idea that Aguirre might be a pedophile.

The appeal was successful in that the appellate court found that there was the possibility of entrapment, and so the trial judge should have instructed the jury as to entrapment, even if the defense forgot to bring up an entrapment defense. The appellate court then sent the matter for a re-trial which is to include an entrapment instruction.

So Aguirre’s case is embarrassing for his defense attorney, awkward for his trial judge, but not a win by any means. The new jury could find Aguirre just as guilty as the previous jury.

But there is more.
Carnac The Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18190 Jul 3, 2014
Bob on This wrote:
<quoted text>
California Appellate Court Overturns Craigslist Sex Sting Conviction.
Part 2: The Aguirre case and MoWo’s facts.

None of the facts in MoWo’s case are affected by the appellate decision in the Aguirre case. MoWo’s case never went to trial, and so there never was the opportunity for the defense or the judge to make a mistake and forget to include an entrapment instruction to the jury.

MoWo folded like a cheap suit before trial – before the appellate decision in the Aguirre case could possibly come into play.

But wait. There is still more.

Part 3: The appellate court in Aguirre quotes People v. Federico (2011)

Federico was a case born out of the activity between the police and ... you guessed it ... Perverted Justice! In that case the appellate court said that no entrapment instruction was necessary because there was no substantial evidence of entrapment.

It appears that our friends at Perverted Justice are better trained, or at least behaved better than the police in Aguirre’s case.

Part 4: Conclusion.

Aguirre’s successful appeal only gave him the right to a retrial with an entrapment instruction to the jury. The appellate opinion distinguishes Aguirre from Federico, which notes that there was no substantial evidence of entrapment in the actions by Perverted Justice.

MoWo cannot find anything useful in Aguirre’s appeal for his pathetic case.

Also remember that MoWo dropped the towel. He surrendered before the actual fight. So, after the Aguirre decision, Maurice Wolin is still a punk, a convicted felon, a pedophile/predator, a defrocked physician, a RayBan abuser, a bad barkeep, and an inconsequential dolt.
Carnac The Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18191 Jul 3, 2014
Joe wrote:
So, 8 years later and people keep on going here. Dedicated fan base! I just have a look a few times a year, so.... anything new? Thx.
Nothing new, Joe. MoWo has kept a very low profile.

His sock puppets come and go, but they have nothing meaningful to say.

LLDY and Brittle Fingers are dating, or should be, feeling for each other as strongly as they do.(Sorry, Brittle, I had to do it.)

And, by the way, congratulations on Belgium's win against the US in Brazil.
Brittle Fingers

Medina, OH

#18192 Jul 3, 2014
Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
<quoted text>
LLDY and Brittle Fingers are dating, or should be, feeling for each other as strongly as they do.(Sorry, Brittle, I had to do it.)
Ha - no prob Carnac. Perhaps if I wasn't married I might entertain the thought.... But LLDY would first need to stop being a jackanapes and a poltroon.
Joe

Lovendegem, Belgium

#18193 Jul 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Nothing new, Joe. MoWo has kept a very low profile.
His sock puppets come and go, but they have nothing meaningful to say.
And, by the way, congratulations on Belgium's win against the US in Brazil.
Oh ok, thx. The only thing that surprises me is LLDY still being around. I expected her to be in the nuthouse by now.

And F*** football and Belgium. Cheers.
Bob on This

Netherlands

#18195 Jul 5, 2014
Carnac The Insignificent wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... you poke the bear enough times, and it starts paying attention.
Pudgy pigs too.
Part 1: the facts of the Aguirre case.
The police snared Aguirre (53) with a Craigslist post. At trial he was convicted by a jury of (1) going to meet a minor to engage in lewd or lascivious behavior,(2) attempted lewd conduct with a child under age 14, and (3) communicating with a minor with intent to commit lewd conduct.
The facts of the case where very different from MoWo’s; in Aguirre’s case:
At the initial contact the decoy did not say she was 13,
Not so. The Pudgy Pig's profile did not claim to be 13. It wasn't until after the chat started there was any mention of “her/its” age. Same with Aguirre . And Wolin was shocked and probably didn't believe it. Why would he? As many at the beginning of this string pointed out, what 13-y-o wants and old man? Zero.
- Craigslist users have to represent they are 18 or older,
That does not prove that whatever chat was used allows under 14-year-olds. We would have to know and read the TOS of the system then. Were 13-year-olds and under allowed? Prove it. Maybe they had to be over 18 for all we know.
- Aguirre was sent a provocative photo of a sexually developed young woman,
So was Wolin. In the beginning pages someone pointed out willowfilipino was 21 and hot. The response was SO WHAT, he was told she was 13. That was all the mattered. An “ex-PeeJ” pointed out the XVE himself thought the picture was hot enough.
- Aguirre questioned the decoy’s purported age when he saw the young woman’s picture,
How do we know Wolin didn't question the age on the phone? Why not link to the phone recordings so we can hear them for ourselves? That's right. We know why.
- The decoy behaved in an aggressive manner by repeatedly initiating chat of a sexual nature,
XVE aka the Pudgy Pig was aggressive when Wolin didn't show. He had to talk Wolin into showing up the second day because he had a deadline with Dateline and resented rich and successful men.(His daddy issues.)
- Aguirre claimed that he thought the decoy was a prostitute engaged in role playing,
You might have something there if you link to the phone conversation recordings. Without that we cannot know all that was said. Maybe Wolin flat out said he didn't believe her but was curious.
\
- Psychologist testimony that dispels the idea that Aguirre might be a pedophile.
This hardly deserves a response. The implication is that you know of a psychologist that claims Wolin is a pedophile. That's bull. What psychologist? Also, since there was no trial because Wolin caved, he had no testimony on his side.
The appeal was successful in that the appellate court found that there was the possibility of entrapment,
Which is why Wolin is probably kicking himself in the ass for caving.
and so the trial judge should have instructed the jury as to entrapment,
You're catching on. That is why Roisman was acquitted by Wolin's judge without even having to put on a defense. Yeah, Wolin has to be kicking himself in the ass.
even if the defense forgot to bring up an entrapment defense. The appellate court then sent the matter for a re-trial which is to include an entrapment instruction.
So Aguirre’s case is embarrassing for his defense attorney, awkward for his trial judge, but not a win by any means. The new jury could find Aguirre just as guilty as the previous jury.
Only in your delusional world. No jury did and the prosecution knew better than to even try. The cat was out of the bag and their extortion game was over. They did herd a lot of cats first though.

But if you are assuring us Perverted Justice no longer does any of these things in California, then that is that and everyone wins. Game over.
Carnac The Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18196 Jul 9, 2014
Bob on This,

Thank you for your brave effort in responding. I know it cannot be easy to defend such a loser.
There is one thing where we agree, and that is that MoWo is “probably kicking himself in the ass.” Now you say it is for “caving,” but I say it is for letting his deviant urges get the better of him. Still we agree on something.

As to your counterarguments, they are based on (a) evidence from other cases that does not apply to MoWo,(b) evidence that is actually against MoWo, and (c) no evidence at all.

The picture that MoWo saw was that of a teenager. See chat log in Perverted Justice’s web site:
- talldreamy_doc (08/24/06 7:15:24 PM): your body looks pretty hot too..(The pictures I used on this profile were of an actual minor)

I know you are going to froth at the mouth in a moment, but wait, there’s more. So says MoWo! On 7/17/10, almost exactly 4 years ago, MoWo agreed to have his license revoked. The agreement he signed included a First Amended Accusation against him as Exhibit A where is says that the decoy’s “picture on her profiles was in fact, that of a teenage girl”(pp. 4-5).

So not only do I disagree with you, so does MoWo himself. You understand he could have fought the revocation order, or asked for different language, or include a statement of clarification. But he did not.(And don’t say he was shell-shocked or something like that. He signed that document 4 years after his ignominious arrest.)

The facts in the Aguirre case were too different from MoWo’s to be of any evidentiary help. Using them here is an effort to blur the case. I understand you would want to do that, but it makes no sense.

Similarly, we are sure that the case against Roisman had different facts, as Roisman was not convicted. Sadly, the Roisman facts have not come to light, so other than their outcome, we know almost nothing about them. And since the outcome was very much unlike that in MoWo’s case, we can be sure that the facts follow suit.

The facts in MoWo are probably closest to the Federico case. We should explore that next.

And finally, your reaching for absolution in some phone recordings that are not in evidence is yet another pathetic refuge for a lost case. If the recording exists, I would love to hear it. But I bet you they either do not exist, or were such that the prosecution could not use it and the defense did not want to use it. If the recording existed it would have been argued about in court by Berk, who did not leave a stone unturned. If the prosecution had a statement by the defendant, they would have had to produce it to the defense.

But the defense never brought it up because it either did not exist or was very harmful to MoWo’s case.

And remember that MoWo was hitting on 2 (TWO) 13 year-old decoys. This was not a mistake, but a wilful search for sexual satisfaction with pre-pubescent girls.

I closing, I again agree with you when at the end of your counterargument you say “game over.” It is all over for MoWo. It has been all over since the judge signed the order that officially certified MoWo’s deviant behavior is a felony.
Bob on This

Mountain View, CA

#18197 Jul 9, 2014
- talldreamy_doc (08/24/06 7:15:24 PM): your body looks pretty hot too..(The pictures I used on this profile were of an actual minor)
Said the pudgy pig. Pudgy pigs by definition are back stabbing passive aggressives. Do some research on jail house snitches. They make stuff up as a matter of course. Any time they say something, find our what the real story is.

More important, it is one of those inadvertent confessions I mentioned. He says "of an actual minor." He does NOT say of an actual 13-year-old which is what made the charge a felony attempt. So maybe it was of a 17-year-old that looked 21. That would still be "of an actual minor."

Anyway, this isn't about Wolin in particular and it never has been for me.
Carnac The Magnificent

Suffolk, VA

#18198 Jul 9, 2014
Bob on This wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, this isn't about Wolin in particular and it never has been for me.
It is for us. If it is not for you, then you are in the wrong forum.
Roast

France

#18199 Jul 10, 2014
LOL.

Everyone should be frothing at the mouth to perform a random act of civil disobedience on or about the 4th of July, liberty day. Or a birthday, or ground hog day.
Jim_Bakker

Burlington, WV

#18200 Jul 10, 2014
Bob on This,
Thank you for your brave effort in responding. I know it cannot be easy to defend such a loser.
There is one thing where we agree, and that is that MoWo is “probably kicking himself in the ass.” Now you say it is for “caving,” but I say it is for letting his deviant urges get the better of him. Still we agree on something.
As to your counterarguments, they are based on (a) evidence from other cases that does not apply to MoWo,(b) evidence that is actually against MoWo, and (c) no evidence at all.
The picture that MoWo saw was that of a teenager. See chat log in Perverted Justice’s web site:
I know you are going to froth at the mouth in a moment, but wait, there’s more. So says MoWo! On 7/17/10, almost exactly 4 years ago, MoWo agreed to have his license revoked. The agreement he signed included a First Amended Accusation against him as Exhibit A where is says that the decoy’s “picture on her profiles was in fact, that of a teenage girl”(pp. 4-5).
So not only do I disagree with you, so does MoWo himself. You understand he could have fought the revocation order, or asked for different language, or include a statement of clarification. But he did not.(And don’t say he was shell-shocked or something like that. He signed that document 4 years after his ignominious arrest.)
The facts in the Aguirre case were too different from MoWo’s to be of any evidentiary help. Using them here is an effort to blur the case. I understand you would want to do that, but it makes no sense.
Similarly, we are sure that the case against Roisman had different facts, as Roisman was not convicted. Sadly, the Roisman facts have not come to light, so other than their outcome, we know almost nothing about them. And since the outcome was very much unlike that in MoWo’s case, we can be sure that the facts follow suit.
The facts in MoWo are probably closest to the Federico case. We should explore that next.
And finally, your reaching for absolution in some phone recordings that are not in evidence is yet another pathetic refuge for a lost case. If the recording exists, I would love to hear it. But I bet you they either do not exist, or were such that the prosecution could not use it and the defense did not want to use it. If the recording existed it would have been argued about in court by Berk, who did not leave a stone unturned. If the prosecution had a statement by the defendant, they would have had to produce it to the defense.
But the defense never brought it up because it either did not exist or was very harmful to MoWo’s case.
And remember that MoWo was hitting on 2 (TWO) 13 year-old decoys. This was not a mistake, but a wilful search for sexual satisfaction with pre-pubescent girls.
I closing, I again agree with you when at the end of your counterargument you say “game over.” It is all over for MoWo. It has been all over since the judge signed the order that officially certified MoWo’s deviant behavior is a felony.
Thank you, Carnac, for keeping the focus on Mr. Maurice Wolin and his many sins.

I can also assure you that Dr.Dino fully thanks you, too.

You, sir, are the magnificent voice of truth, reason, justice, and knowledge that fully overwhelms and completely frustrates the Wolin riffraff.

Please carry on.
GOD

United States

#18201 Jul 10, 2014
Yazan Asfour is still around. I am a Dominatrix, he contacted me and asked me to do Blackmail Fetish play. He regrets it now that I have found out he is a pedophile and posted it all over his facebook!
He lives in jordan with his parents. No job, still on the run.
Dont Get it

Fairfield, CA

#18202 Jul 11, 2014
Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, it's sad that I even have to explain it. It's because you posted about how a child is too small or that they would scream. As if those are the reasons not to solicit a child.....rather than the simple fact that it's horrifying and evil. It was a very twisted and disturbing post.
Dudé its sad that i even have to explaine it. If it was legal to have sex with Children, the majority of people Who even hada slight thought of even doing it would change there minds.

Obiously you have never seen móvies like PRETTY BABY or THE TIN DRUM. That Will change your mind.

You dont watch televisión except for dateline.
You never saw LAW AND ORDER , CSI, or even SPECIAL Victims UN IT.?

I remember an episode about a High school girl being rape d and videotaped and shot. During the investigation the y found the girl alive. WhatAbout that other episode where a terrorist Group kid nap s that mans wife and daughters. They are blind folded and the girl was able to see the tattoo on the small of a guys back. One of the young girls was rape d - underage - but they didnt film it graphically.

I guess you never saw dateline children for sale with chris hansen. You see those kids and say to yourself that you would never have sex with Children, no mátter how they Wear there hair or dress them up.

You people live in a bubble. How am i a sick bastard again? You dont watch those tv shows?

My friends daughter is 13. Never in a millón years. We recieved a visit from an old friend with a 12 year old daughter. I couldnt tell what age she was till i asked. She was too small.

Use your imaginación. What you see on tv shows -kids screaming- makes you realise even if you dont watch.

Since im a sick bastard. Imagine something big going into something small? If it dont fit dont force it. That dont Look right no mátter what. I ve never tried it and have no plan s.

See how i have to explaine to you How dumb can you all be- you dont THINK!!!

I see you dont use your imagination......or watch tv....
Dont Get it

Fairfield, CA

#18203 Jul 11, 2014
Very twisted and disturbing post for those Who dont watch tv except for dateline.

Ihave TCAP on vhs
Dont Get it

Stockton, CA

#18204 Jul 11, 2014
Have you seen wolin on megans law? Its getting to him
Dont Get it

Stockton, CA

#18205 Jul 11, 2014
Have you seen wolin on megans law

Its getting to him
Brittle Fingers

Medina, OH

#18207 Jul 12, 2014
Yeah, whatever, PSYCHO. We just got LeBron back, so I'm too busy celebrating to ponder over your lucubrations.
Bob on This

South El Monte, CA

#18208 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
It is for us. If it is not for you, then you are in the wrong forum.
However, instead of the girl, he was met by cameras and Dateline host Chris Hansen, who made a name and reputation for himself from his confrontations in the show. After a brief conversation, which was recorded for TV, Roisman was arrested by Petaluma police, also recorded for the show.

Sonoma County jurors leaving the courthouse Tuesday said they were not impressed by the Southern California-based group's methods. Windsor bank teller Kathleen Kerckhoff said they obviously induced Roisman to act the way he did. She said she would have found him not guilty if the case had come to the jury.

"I don't have any respect for Perverted Justice after this trial," she said. "I think they do have quotas. They have an agenda. It was the right resolution."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Lorenzo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,436
Kevin Clay - tcker 14 hr niece 6
News Man fatally shot in San Leandro driveway identi... (Jul '10) Fri Desirae w 17
News National anthem removed from rallies at San Ram... Feb 14 kyman 1
News Utah moves to sue California over fee on coal p... Feb 13 Solarman 1
Cork And Bottle liquor store port Chicago Feb 12 Audividetace 2
What are the names of the different gangs in Ha... (Jun '10) Feb 10 hahaha what a idiot 261

San Lorenzo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Lorenzo Mortgages