Doctor heads to court after online sex sting

Full story: Contra Costa Times

A prominent Piedmont doctor is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 2 to answer to felony charges stemming from his arrest in late August in Petaluma in a sting operation involving online sex crimes with children.
Comments
15,401 - 15,420 of 16,858 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

crack pipe johnny wrote:
Hey LLDY, I just wanted to jump on here and let you know that you're a worthless piece of human garbage and you have no right to live. Carry on.
Thank you. It takes one to know one. You are so astute. Related to MoWo perhaps?
Ladies Love Drunken Yobs

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>
Related to MoWo perhaps? It takes one to know one.
Aha
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

crack pipe johnny wrote:
Hey LLDY, I just wanted to jump on here and let you know that you're a worthless piece of human garbage and you have no right to live. Carry on.
I can think of a few things you could jump off of and hold MoWo's hand while you are doing it. Just best you smoke some more crack and do try rehab. It might work for you?
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ladies Love Drunken Yobs wrote:
<quoted text>
Aha
MoWo get a job or try. Trying to harass me just makes me laugh and I wouldn't hire you for all the money in Singapore. You do get around the world even if it is cyberspace.
Still have a passport felon and RSO?

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Thanks to LLDY and Treadhead for the congrats and kind words!
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

MoWo;

Denial isn't a long a river in Egypt. However you are in deep water due to your actions no matter how much you deny them. It is interesting watching you squirm. Molested any children lately? LLDY
PSYCHO

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

before you mark me spam clueless nuts
watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

ZERO prosecutions in To Catch a Predator Dateline NBC show

Uploaded on Jul 22, 2007

***UPDATE: This Texas city has since fired the police chief who orchestrated the sting.***

ABC 20/20:'To Catch a Predator': A Sting Gone Bad
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/09/t...

Esquire article on To Catch a Predator: "Tonight on Dateline This Man Will Die"
http://www.esquire.com/features/predator0907

Rolling Stone article on Perverted Justice:
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/157238... ...

A show that supposedly catches sexual predators online for broadcast on Dateline NBC has had all allegations against people on the show thrown out by a District Attorney. Contrary to claims made by Perverted Justice leader, Xaiver Von Erck, that no case has ever been refused by a prosecutor, it is alleged by prosecutors that Perverted Justice fabricates chat log evidence among other baiting tactics.

Uncut video from the sex stings led prosecutors to question who actually ran the stings. Dateline NBC cameras were worn by police officers. A lawsuit filed by the show's former producer, Marsha Bartel, alleges the NBC network compensates police agencies to enhance the dramatic effect of on-the-air arrests. "[NBC] unethically provides local law enforcement with video equipment and video tapes" in exchange for dramatically staged arrest video, the suit said. According to Bartel, Perverted Justice chatters "sometimes beg individuals to come to the sting locations" so they can be captured on camera. She alleges that the vigilante group tricks suspects into coming to the sting house for just about any reason.

Since the botched operation, the town's city manager was thrown out of office because of his authorization of the sting. The town overwhelmingly elected a city council majority who opposed the sting. In addition, a number of police officers prominently portrayed on the Dateline show are no longer in employment with the police department.

“Be an independent thinker”

Since: Jul 10

Greenville, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Brittle Fingers wrote:
On a ramdon unrelated note, my wife and I just had our second child last night. Just thought I'd inject some positive vibes into the thread.:)
Congratulations. Parenting is a unique occupation with its own rewards, heartaches and challenges.

“Be an independent thinker”

Since: Jul 10

Greenville, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are sick. Get a hobby.
I have several: writing (recently published), chess, reading, online discussions, cryptograms, crosswords, walking or biking, to name a few.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

PSYCHO wrote:
before you mark me spam clueless nuts
watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ZERO prosecutions in To Catch a Predator Dateline NBC show
Uploaded on Jul 22, 2007
***UPDATE: This Texas city has since fired the police chief who orchestrated the sting.***
Well PSYCHO, MoWo should obviously move to Texas; however I don't think he is the ride em cowboy type. Houston is fun so I would suggest there. LLDY
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Brittle Fingers wrote:
On a ramdon unrelated note, my wife and I just had our second child last night. Just thought I'd inject some positive vibes into the thread.:)
There are no positive "vibes" associated with a douchebag like you reproducing.
Carnac The Magnificent

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Today is the anniversary of Maurice Wolin pleading “no contest” to attempted lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age.

Four years ago MoWo and his highly paid legal team saw the writing on the wall and gave up all further efforts at somehow avoiding justice. Before that they tried to:
- Have NBC not air the footage; they failed,
- Claim entrapment; they got laughed out of court,
- Exclude the interview with the police; they succeeded in this small victory,
- Exclude the sexually charged chat logs between an adult who thought was engaging a 13-year old; they failed miserably, and
- Claim “foul” because a hard drive had failed; they failed.

None of it worked. So after a long and drawn out delay (that mostly served to feed attorney coffers) MoWo folded like a chep suit, pled “no contest” and was handed about the same sentence that most everyone else was given in the “riverside special”– a very mild sentence compared with what they deserved and what every other jurisdiction handed down.

At least, thanks to the requirement that Maurice Wolin register as the sex offender he is, now the public knows that he is a danger to children.
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Carnac The Magnificent wrote:
At least, thanks to the requirement that Maurice Wolin register as the sex offender he is, now the public knows that he is a danger to children.
Maurice Wolin is not a danger to children, so shut the hell up, phuktard.
Dr Dino

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Today is the anniversary of Maurice Wolin pleading “no contest” to attempted lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years of age.
Four years ago MoWo and his highly paid legal team saw the writing on the wall and gave up all further efforts at somehow avoiding justice. Before that they tried to:
- Have NBC not air the footage; they failed,
- Claim entrapment; they got laughed out of court,
- Exclude the interview with the police; they succeeded in this small victory,
- Exclude the sexually charged chat logs between an adult who thought was engaging a 13-year old; they failed miserably, and
- Claim “foul” because a hard drive had failed; they failed.
None of it worked. So after a long and drawn out delay (that mostly served to feed attorney coffers) MoWo folded like a chep suit, pled “no contest” and was handed about the same sentence that most everyone else was given in the “riverside special”– a very mild sentence compared with what they deserved and what every other jurisdiction handed down.
Thank you, Carnac, for keeping the focus on Mr. Wolin and his many sins.
Sweet J

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Four years ago MoWo and his highly paid legal team saw the writing on the wall and gave up all further efforts at somehow avoiding justice.
Three years ago?(Dec 2009)
Carnac The Magnificent

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

Sweet J wrote:
<quoted text>
Three years ago?(Dec 2009)
Yes. You are right. Three years ago.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes. You are right. Three years ago.
Darn. That means MoWo is off probation. Well there is still the lifetime RSO. There is always a silver lining. LLDY
Carnac The Magnificent

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Darn. That means MoWo is off probation. Well there is still the lifetime RSO. There is always a silver lining. LLDY
Not quite, LLDY. Maurice Wolin, convicted felon, is still under probation. The three-year probation period started at sentencing on 3/10/10, and so will end on 3/10/13.
LLDY

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not quite, LLDY. Maurice Wolin, convicted felon, is still under probation. The three-year probation period started at sentencing on 3/10/10, and so will end on 3/10/13.
Thank you. Interesting info, so he has a ways to go. I didn't follow the case that closely and while I work with IP lawyers, never criminal lawyers. Well there is another Christmas gift. Best to you, LLDY
crack pipe johnny

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

LLDY wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. Interesting info, so he has a ways to go. I didn't follow the case that closely and while I work with IP lawyers, never criminal lawyers. Well there is another Christmas gift. Best to you, LLDY
The only lawyers you work with are the ones who get you out of trouble for being a prostitute and get your husband out of trouble for stealing to support his drug addiction, so shut up, bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Lorenzo News Video

•••
•••

San Lorenzo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Lorenzo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE