Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,921 - 166,940 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#191139 May 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are still mysteries, however, and one of the most prominent is the origins of homosexuality.
The mystery is simple enough. Its solution, however, has thus far eluded our best scientific minds."
As to societal response to homosexuals, perhaps you want to name one.
Smile.
The "solution" that the author is referring to has to do with the origins of homosexuality--not the ability to change homosexuals.

And what are you talking about when you bring up "societal response to homosexuals"? Where did I say anything about that? Are you typing while you are drunk?
Gues

Gardena, CA

#191140 May 6, 2013
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
It's like voting in the Reichstag that Jews have no rights. If it's against a superior form of justice, be it the nebulous "human rights" in their case or, in this case, California Constitution, it is not legal and you can vote all you want, that doesn't make it legal. It's like voting in the State Assembly to not give people the right to free speech. It's unconstitutional. That's why.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191141 May 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes equal protection. The husband and wife are equally protected under law within the marital relationship.
Isn't X-Box one of those geniuses who claims poly marriage seeks more than equal protection? You know, he claims there's only enough protection for two. So poly marriage shouldn't be allowed because it would glom onto too much protection and steal some from SSM.

Or something like that I guess.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191142 May 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, stupid, people have kids for their own reasons, because they want to. They want someone to carry on the family name, they want to see what the kids will look like, they feel pressured to have kids, or they just want to... Not because humanity will die out without their spawn.
Yes it will stupid.
San Gabriels troubles

Covina, CA

#191143 May 6, 2013
The story behind Alvarez-Glassman: he is an Attorney in practice and his law firm. He has been a city council member and a council men as well, but he has been involved in several cities as their city attorney.

Those cities ALL have been involved in serious lawsuits, strange connection his name and the lawsuits.

Alvarez-Glasman argued that Liao has a "pattern and practice" of moving in and out of the city to run for office, while Liao's attorney Nilay Vora argued that Liao has been living in his San Gabriel apartment since he moved in six months before the election.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191144 May 6, 2013
Some Funny Rose_NoHo quotes-

"Even if that were true, it would be a non issue." (I love that one)

"Polygamy is not an equal rights issue, it just isn't." (another gem)

"If three people go to a justice of the peace and ask to be married, they'll be told what everybody else who asks for a poly marriage is told, No. Equal. See?"
(a favorite)

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#191145 May 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it will stupid.
If one could doesn't spawn humanity will die out?

North Hollywood, CA

#191146 May 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Some Funny Rose_NoHo quotes-
"Even if that were true, it would be a non issue." (I love that one)
"Polygamy is not an equal rights issue, it just isn't." (another gem)
"If three people go to a justice of the peace and ask to be married, they'll be told what everybody else who asks for a poly marriage is told, No. Equal. See?"
(a favorite)
Well, at least you are admitting I make good arguments you can't counter.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191147 May 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you are admitting I make good arguments you can't counter.
No, I am ridiculing them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191148 May 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If one could doesn't spawn humanity will die out?
We were talking about if no one reproduced. Nice straw man though.

North Hollywood, CA

#191149 May 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am ridiculing them.
Then you are showing you are an idiot who doesn't understand logic.

North Hollywood, CA

#191150 May 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about if no one reproduced. Nice straw man though.
Again, idiot, I was saying people don't decide to reproduce out of some selfless desire to see humanity continue.
Charlie

United States

#191152 May 6, 2013
Looks like $3 Bill lives on this thread.
Charlie

United States

#191153 May 6, 2013
$3 Butt Boi Bill Says:

Gay = Good
Straight = Bad
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191154 May 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, idiot, I was saying people don't decide to reproduce out of some selfless desire to see humanity continue.
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191155 May 6, 2013
Charlie wrote:
$3 Butt Boi Bill Says:
Gay = Good
Straight = Bad
Old SniffButts Billy doesn't post much anymore, he's getting way up there in age and causing trouble so he is heavily medicated in the Livermore Loony Bin.

It was funny when he used to post "Shut yer ugly pie hole!" all the time when he got frustrated.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191156 May 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191160 May 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic? You mean like this?

Rose_NoHo wrote: "If one could doesn't spawn humanity will die out?"

What a dope.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#191162 May 6, 2013
Charlie wrote:
$3 Butt Boi Bill Says:
Gay = Good
Straight = Bad
Bill rigs the judge-its. He rates posts over and over, good if you're gay, bad if you're straight. Except his own posts, which he rates good even though he's straight.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#191164 May 7, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The "solution" that the author is referring to has to do with the origins of homosexuality--not the ability to change homosexuals.
And what are you talking about when you bring up "societal response to homosexuals"? Where did I say anything about that? Are you typing while you are drunk?
1. I said nothing about changing homosexuality. I simply exposed your lie, science can still find no valid reason for homosexuality, leaving it a defective sexual aberration.

2. You denied that homosexuality is a recognized defect in cultures across human history. I simply asked you to name one where that is not so.

In fact, here is an interesting expose

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi... -
of-apa-says-organization-contr olled-by-gay-rights-movement/

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Lorenzo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 25 min Jim Setran 4,997
New vision taking shape for area around Oakland... 1 hr Amused 4
Indictment in CHP copter laser shining in Oakland 1 hr Just Wonder'n 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,855
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Tank ever 7,926
Hayward Music Thread 4 hr Musikologist 1
Hayward: Hazardous vapor release at shuttered c... 5 hr Natural Disasters... 1
•••

San Lorenzo News Video

•••
San Lorenzo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Lorenzo Jobs

•••