This is so true, you know when I was young, someone from the opposing political party was looked at as a fellow patriot, someone that loves this country that just disagreed on a few issues.<quoted text>
and that's something the politcal parties and the politicians in this country fail to see, fail to act upon. and it's killing us as a nation.
Today, the other party is the enemy
( I am at fault for that too )
The truth is, we agree on 95% and could compromise on the other 5% if we could sit down without all the pressure of the current politics we live with.
My kids tell me I am too hard core on some political issues, that there is a middle ground we could all agree on Ö they are probably right.