Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

more and more gangs are coming to the area. Mexican, Latinos, Blacks, Middle Easterns, Asians and Islanders.

Nortenos - Cabrillo, Niles, and Irvington Area
Surenos - Central, and Centerville area
Crips - Fremont hub, south Fremont area
Concerned

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

Judged:

how can you confirm this?
voran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Judged:

i always see those crips in the fremont hub area
voran

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Usually the asian crips in the hub area and in north fremont, and the nortenos many in irvington area
Ghostofnewark

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

oh yeah,Fremont is such a Ghetto, such a hard place to growup. The mean Streets of Fremont! they all need to be rounded up like the Pigs they are and hauled up to 32nd and Foothill blvd in Oakland so they can play "Gangbanger" there!

People are soooo stupid!
joyce palmore adams

Mccurtain, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

Judged:

i'm lucky, i grew up in fremont before gangs.there were 23,000 people in 100 square miles. i am back in a small town,

Since: Sep 07

Newark, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Joyce - thank God for another old-timer! We remember what kind of place Fremont used to be, don't we? For me, that makes the slow decline over the years particularly painful to watch. It sounds like you're not still a Fremont resident - is that correct? I'm still here, primarily due to the parent-child transfer that keeps my property tax low, witnessing the slow circling of the drain by the town that I used to love, now sort of tolerate. What do you think, Joyce - is it too late for Fremont to pull a Rocky and come back for the title?
As for the gang issue, isn't it sad that you can't even make eye contact with, much less talk to, your neighbor's adolescent kids anymore because they're so obviously affiliated with some group or other and you're afraid that, if you say the wrong thing or betray the slightest weakness, you'll be subject to some kind of retribution? In old Fremont, the parents ran the neighborhood, not the kids.
joyce palmore adams wrote:
i'm lucky, i grew up in fremont before gangs.there were 23,000 people in 100 square miles. i am back in a small town,
yeah

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Judged:

Yeah,,except that Fremont is in Nebraska.
yeah

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

waterpark wrote:
Joyce - thank God for another old-timer! We remember what kind of place Fremont used to be, don't we? For me, that makes the slow decline over the years particularly painful to watch. It sounds like you're not still a Fremont resident - is that correct? I'm still here, primarily due to the parent-child transfer that keeps my property tax low, witnessing the slow circling of the drain by the town that I used to love, now sort of tolerate. What do you think, Joyce - is it too late for Fremont to pull a Rocky and come back for the title?
As for the gang issue, isn't it sad that you can't even make eye contact with, much less talk to, your neighbor's adolescent kids anymore because they're so obviously affiliated with some group or other and you're afraid that, if you say the wrong thing or betray the slightest weakness, you'll be subject to some kind of retribution? In old Fremont, the parents ran the neighborhood, not the kids.
<quoted text>
I disagree, the old Fremont was a big mess and tho it hasn't gotten that much better, but it has taken positive baby steps.(i remember the gangs that roamed from Irvington to Decoto in the 70s and turned Fremont Blvd into a dangerous place every weekend night),,you see,,its all in your perspective. Take a look at criome per capita in Fremont over the years, its comparably lower now.
And dont be afraid to talk to the kids, the kids are alright! Its not that difficult, all you have to do is say hello!

Since: Sep 07

Newark, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Ah, but you see, to you the 70's are the old days. It really is all a question of perspective, isn't it? Of course, the real crime that is happening in Fremont is the effect that the coarsening of our society is having on the children who are forced to grow up in this environment. It's no wonder that private and home schooling is so popular now. "BTW", I've tried saying hello to the kids - the reply I got would be bleeped on Howard Stern!
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, the old Fremont was a big mess and tho it hasn't gotten that much better, but it has taken positive baby steps.(i remember the gangs that roamed from Irvington to Decoto in the 70s and turned Fremont Blvd into a dangerous place every weekend night),,you see,,its all in your perspective. Take a look at criome per capita in Fremont over the years, its comparably lower now.
And dont be afraid to talk to the kids, the kids are alright! Its not that difficult, all you have to do is say hello!
yeah

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2007

Judged:

waterpark wrote:
Ah, but you see, to you the 70's are the old days. It really is all a question of perspective, isn't it? Of course, the real crime that is happening in Fremont is the effect that the coarsening of our society is having on the children who are forced to grow up in this environment. It's no wonder that private and home schooling is so popular now. "BTW", I've tried saying hello to the kids - the reply I got would be bleeped on Howard Stern!
<quoted text>
So try again and dont be shy about it. The kids are alright, every new generation face this prejudice from bitter elders. You can overcome your fears, you might even make some new friends!
And Private schools like Moreau are losing students, home schooling has never taken off except in rural areas, so you may want to check your sources.
The 70s arent neccesarily the old days, I have ancestors here going back thousands of years, so if you really want to go into it, we can.
That said, society is much less coarse than say the 1950s, when we were still recovering from ww2 and and racism and sexism were the norm.
And todays murder rates are a fraction of what it was in the 1800s, yah know,,the old days!
ValCoates_OLD

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

I grew up in Fremont, but haven't been there in over 25 years. I lived just down from The Hub...and never once did I nor my parents worry about me walking up there alone.(I remember going up to Fry's with a note from my mom for them to sell me cigarettes for her....my how THAT has changed!!).
Anyway, last time I visited, I drove down the street I grew up on, and I was afraid. I guess that's "goodbye childhood" for sure.
I still wonder what happened to a few of my neighbors! I remember on Sacramento Avenue, the Dunlaps, the Mendozas, the Balsamos, The Norris's of course!!!...The Nunnaly brothers, and the old drunk guy next door (never did learn his name, he was "beer-belly" to us)...and the Meyers who lived next door. I don't know what happened to Steven....he delighted in showing us his dead dog...I still expect to see him show up on "America's Most Wanted" someday.
I'm sure there are decent areas of Fremont, just as there are in any town. I'm glad I can remember the good times....and now I only have to deal with all the crime, etc in my town, and still think of Fremont as a great place to grow up!(It really was!!).
I went to Mowry, my older brothers and sister went to Walters and JFK...so if any of you remember this good stuff, send a "HI"!!
Val (Coates)
hmm

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

Judged:

i moved to fremont from san jose two years ago and i hear people alway talking about gang here but i never seen them. well maybe one little scrap riding his bike but that was when i first moved in. i do see teens walking up a down the street to go to the conner store. they do sport red but they have never been rude even when my kids 4yr and 2yr are outside my kids "alway say hi" they just say hi and keep walking. i dont feel unsafe maybe to somepeople they might look like a "gang" but i just see kids hmm... maybe because i grew up around alot of gangs and i was just one of the lucky ones that didnt get involved so now that im grown i pay any attention to it its all about family and education
All over the bayarea

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2007

Judged:

I just want to say that Fremont is not as bad as what people think. I gre up all over the bay area and I would have to say that Richmond was the worst. If you dont want to deal with gangs then I strongly believe you should move out of the bayarea. They are all over. Not that I am all for gangs but Ive learned to except it if I want to live in the bayarea. Hense the reason we are currently looking into buying a home in the valley so our son can grow up worrying about his next baseball game not about whos going to walk up on him the next day because he decided to wear red or blue.
*Grow up already and stop being such drama kings and queens since thats really all you people are. I can bet money you dont even know why you are called Nortenos and wher eit stems from. And if you did you would appreciate the name instead of throwing it around like its the thing to do!
better than you

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2007

Judged:

goin to shi*.Fremont has become much more violent since section 8 housing became abundant.
mstrpaddler

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2007

Fremont, Newark, Union City has had gangs for years. I had been raised in the East Bay for and have lived my entire life in the Bay Area for over 45 years. There are gangs everywhere in the bay area and the Tri-Cities neighborhood is no different.

My perspecive is that I choose to be aware of my surroundings, be street-smart and try to ensure the safety of my family where ever we may go. There are many wonderful places in the bay area to live and Fremont is one of them. There are also many neighborhoods that I won't even venture into (East Oakland, Richmond, etc), but there isn't anywhere in Fremont that has that same scenario. There are worse places to live.
you dont need to know me

San Lorenzo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

Judged:

if you want to talk about crips, there isn't any real crips in fremont. half these kids that claim that they are, aren't shit. i used to be a probation officer at Camp Kilpatrick before i moved here to the Bay Area, and these kids at the camp are the real deal comparing to these youngsters here in fremont/ union city/ newark/ hayward.
crime web site

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

does any body no if fremont has a web site that shows a map of where kiliings took place? i no san jose, oakland, and s.f have one.
Marcus

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Judged:

crime web site wrote:
does any body no if fremont has a web site that shows a map of where kiliings took place? i no san jose, oakland, and s.f have one.
Check the Fremont Police website. Though considering there have been less than a handful of murders, I doubt there is a need to map it out. Per capita, Fremont's murder rate is a fraction of her three big sister bay area cities. And even less when compared to Richmond or EPA.
Fremont is a comparatively very safe town. But there is always more than a few Chicken Littles yapping away.
MDP

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

I lived in Fremont for over 40 years. With increased "gangs" and crime, its no longer a safe community. I moved out 7 years ago and never looked back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Lorenzo News Video

•••
San Lorenzo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Lorenzo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••