Three victims in Oakland high-speed c...

Three victims in Oakland high-speed crash identified

There are 21 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Oct 18, 2009, titled Three victims in Oakland high-speed crash identified. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Oakland police have identified three people killed in a high-speed crash on MacArthur Boulevard early Saturday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carl Pelley

Newark, CA

#1 Oct 18, 2009
A carload of goddam fools driven by a maniac, on city streets (not even the freeway!) endangering every motorist and pedestrian in sight! They apparently had just participated in a "sideshow", a familiar scene on Oakland streets where reckless driving has become the rule rather than the exception among certain people. "And it's all about respect!" they say! Yeah right! At least this reckless driving maniac won't be endangering anyone else's life and for that we can be thankful!
Iris

Concord, CA

#2 Oct 19, 2009
This whole situation is unfortunatel. I think it's insensitive to talk about the deceased in such a disrespectful manner. Shame on you! The driver made a terrible mistake and it cost him his life as well as his friends...
tania

San Leandro, CA

#3 Oct 19, 2009
Carl Pelley wrote:
A carload of goddam fools driven by a maniac, on city streets (not even the freeway!) endangering every motorist and pedestrian in sight! They apparently had just participated in a "sideshow", a familiar scene on Oakland streets where reckless driving has become the rule rather than the exception among certain people. "And it's all about respect!" they say! Yeah right! At least this reckless driving maniac won't be endangering anyone else's life and for that we can be thankful!
I disagree with you it was a mistake everyone makes mistakes i am not thankful that he is gon it is very unfortunate of all the victims i do feel for their families.
RIP Racquel

United States

#4 Oct 19, 2009
It is really sad to read how many ignorant and cold hearted people are out there. It's ignorant of someone to think they can pass judgment on others. Before you go around making stupid ridiculous comments like the ones below you better be some kind of angel, saint or god to judge or criticize anyone. NO ONE is perfect in this world everyone pays for their mistakes big or small. Let these people rest in peace and let their families mourn without having to read or deal with small minded and ignorant people who have nothing better to do with themselves
James Moore

Salinas, CA

#5 Oct 19, 2009
For Mr. Carl Pelley:

The driver who was called a "maniac" was married to my niece. His 2 daughters, my nieces, are left without their father. He made a tragic mistake, but I wouldn't call him a maniac. As far as the "goddamn fools" that were in the car, one of the survivors was my nephew, NOT a goddamn fool. I feel sorry for the families of the deceased, my thoughts and prayers go out to those families. I thank GOD my nephew survived. Maybe next time you will think about the families of "maniacs and goddamn fools" before you decide to write a comment about an unfortunate and tragic accident.
MTF

Oakland, CA

#6 Oct 19, 2009
Carl Pelley wrote:
I'm with you!!
Carl Pelley

Newark, CA

#7 Oct 19, 2009
James Moore wrote:
For Mr. Carl Pelley:
The driver who was called a "maniac" was married to my niece. His 2 daughters, my nieces, are left without their father. He made a tragic mistake, but I wouldn't call him a maniac. As far as the "goddamn fools" that were in the car, one of the survivors was my nephew, NOT a goddamn fool. I feel sorry for the families of the deceased, my thoughts and prayers go out to those families. I thank GOD my nephew survived. Maybe next time you will think about the families of "maniacs and goddamn fools" before you decide to write a comment about an unfortunate and tragic accident.
My condolences to you and your family and the deceased's family (all of them!) who had nothing to do with this but my assessment of the driver stands. Anybody who drives like that, endangering everyone in and out of their car, ultimately using their automobile as a murder weapon is indeed a maniac in my humble opinion. Those that ride with him or her are fools, again in my humble opinion. Do you really think this was the first time this individual was driving with total recklessness like this? I don't! I'm sick of having my life endangered every time I go out on the highway, even every time I go on a city street as a pedestrian. I'm sick of these NASCAR wannabees and the injury and death to innocent people and carnage on the highway they cause. Yeah my assessment stands!
Carl Pelley

Newark, CA

#8 Oct 19, 2009
RIP Racquel wrote:
It is really sad to read how many ignorant and cold hearted people are out there. It's ignorant of someone to think they can pass judgment on others. Before you go around making stupid ridiculous comments like the ones below you better be some kind of angel, saint or god to judge or criticize anyone. NO ONE is perfect in this world everyone pays for their mistakes big or small. Let these people rest in peace and let their families mourn without having to read or deal with small minded and ignorant people who have nothing better to do with themselves
Yes I can and will pass judgement (my own opinion of course) of someone who drives with such extreme recklessness, causing the death of three innocent people and serious injury to one innocent pedestrian. This is not a memorial site, it is a place to express issues of the day. I'm sick of the carnage and death caused by totally irresponsible people like this, sick of having my life endangered every time I go out on the highway or street, sick of reading about the bodies left lying in the pavement. In places like Oakland reckless driving like this is rampant. Few people even stop after they run a pedestrian in a crosswalk. I notice there are no words of sympathy here for the innocent, seriously pedestrian who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He may never recover from his injuries but who cares about him huh? Let's all just feel sorry for the driver! Not me!
Lisa

Livermore, CA

#9 Oct 20, 2009
I am thankful that your nephew has survived. Has there been any work on Tawni's status? My thoughts are with you all, and the pedestrian. It is unfortunate that these "sideshows" have been tolerated and become sort of acceptable, they are dangerous and wrong. Not to judge your niece's husband, but really, an auto is a dangerous weapon. Peace be to all. Zinnia will be missed as well.
Father of 3

San Leandro, CA

#10 Oct 21, 2009
I was young once and I understand the culture today. What a price to pay for all families involved. My sincere condolences. For all youth. Enjoy your life in a responsible manner. Too many people love you and they will live with this tragedy for eternity.
Pat Kittle

Simi Valley, CA

#11 Oct 21, 2009
Oakland is a terrifying place.
elizabeth321

Oakland, CA

#12 Oct 21, 2009
I was deeply saddened to hear about the death of three young kids. I know how difficult this must be for each family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much you will miss them. God bless each family.
And about Mr.Carl comments,just ignore it at this moment you don't need to pay attention to those negative comments. I really feel sorry for you Carl that tells me your heart is hard as a stone.
motorcyclist

Clovis, CA

#13 Oct 21, 2009
Natural selection, sad, but simple.
Carl Pelley

Newark, CA

#14 Oct 21, 2009
elizabeth321 wrote:
I was deeply saddened to hear about the death of three young kids. I know how difficult this must be for each family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how much you will miss them. God bless each family.
And about Mr.Carl comments,just ignore it at this moment you don't need to pay attention to those negative comments. I really feel sorry for you Carl that tells me your heart is hard as a stone.
Oh yeah my heart is hard as a stone because I am outraged and disgusted with people who drive like maniacs on our city streets and highways, endangering every other vehicle and pedestrian in their path, regularly leaving family and friends to grieve for the rest of their lives for their loved ones who have been injured and killed by these thrill seeking, irresponsible, murdering fools!
elizabeth321

Oakland, CA

#15 Oct 22, 2009
Carl Pelley wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah my heart is hard as a stone because I am outraged and disgusted with people who drive like maniacs on our city streets and highways, endangering every other vehicle and pedestrian in their path, regularly leaving family and friends to grieve for the rest of their lives for their loved ones who have been injured and killed by these thrill seeking, irresponsible, murdering fools!
My sympathy goes to you.
Carl Pelley

Los Altos, CA

#16 Oct 23, 2009
elizabeth321 wrote:
<quoted text>My sympathy goes to you.
Thank you! And mine to you for lacking the ability to think clearly! I doubt you would be so charitable if one of your family members had been killed by someone using their automobile as a murder weapon by means of their totally irresponsible and reckless driving!
elizabeth321

Oakland, CA

#17 Oct 24, 2009
Carl Pelley wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! And mine to you for lacking the ability to think clearly! I doubt you would be so charitable if one of your family members had been killed by someone using their automobile as a murder weapon by means of their totally irresponsible and reckless driving!
Congratulations. You the winner! That's what you want to hear? You got it. Have a nice day.
meagone

United States

#18 Oct 26, 2009
carl!!!! your just another no life who has an opinion on eveyrthing!!! dont-cha??? well guess what... if your scared for your life of driving around MANIACS than keep your a** at home... this aint myspace for you to start all this negativity... and come correct cuz my lil sis ZEE aint no F***in fool. BEST BELIEVE THAT!!! matter of a fact none of them were!!! your just a scary person whos afraid of reality.... NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONES perfect!!! so get a life and STOP with your judgments cuz thats just calling for a FREE A** WHOOPIN!!! RIP TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE LOST... ZEE i LOVE YOPU MA!!!
Carl Pelley

Los Altos, CA

#19 Nov 5, 2009
meagone wrote:
carl!!!! your just another no life who has an opinion on eveyrthing!!! dont-cha??? well guess what... if your scared for your life of driving around MANIACS than keep your a** at home... this aint myspace for you to start all this negativity... and come correct cuz my lil sis ZEE aint no F***in fool. BEST BELIEVE THAT!!! matter of a fact none of them were!!! your just a scary person whos afraid of reality.... NO ONE and I MEAN NO ONES perfect!!! so get a life and STOP with your judgments cuz thats just calling for a FREE A** WHOOPIN!!! RIP TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE LOST... ZEE i LOVE YOPU MA!!!
I would really hope for your sake you are not as ignorant and illiterate as you sound! I hate to break the news to you but ALL OF US have a right to be out on the street as pedestrians and on the streets and highways as motorists without the threat of being killed by reckless driving MANIACS like the person who was driving this car. As This certainly isn't MySpace nor as I stated earlier is it a memorial site for reckless driving fools who cause injury and death! What part of that don't you understand? I'm much more grounded in reality than you are although there is no point in arguing with someone so delusional. Sorry but my sympathy remains with the dead and injured and my contempt remains with the irresponsible and reckless driving FOOL who caused all this carnage and death. I still find it strange that there has been no words of sympathy for the severely innocent pedestrian by these reckless driver defenders. Oh who cares about him/her right? This was just our friend/family member who made an innocent little mistake by flying down city streets at close to 100 MPH! Yeah right!!!
Carl Pelley

Los Altos, CA

#20 Nov 5, 2009
elizabeth321 wrote:
<quoted text> Congratulations. You the winner! That's what you want to hear? You got it. Have a nice day.
Thanks! It's nice to see someone admit they don't know what the f*** they are talking about! Have a nice day yourself darlin'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Lorenzo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Buck Rohde 20,478
Trump Nude Statues Are Back 6 hr Shake them things 1
gated 16 hr bappie 1
What are the names of the different gangs in Ha... (Jun '10) 17 hr Lokz 245
News African herbalist teaches the ancient art of he... 20 hr Inquisitor 47
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 23 hr Legal Analyst 17,320
News How Many People Receive Food Stamps In Danville... (Aug '13) Sat ok. 13

San Lorenzo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Lorenzo Mortgages