Rona

Friendswood, TX

#43 Sep 18, 2008
has anyone heard about 8 th sreet or Wayno's
jan

Spring, TX

#44 Sep 18, 2008
Thank you so much!!
You took a photo of my place on 5th street & my mobile is battered, but still there!
Thank you so much for the time, effort, and gas you spent taking these photos!

My heart and prayers to all of the San Leon community.

Jan
april

United States

#45 Sep 18, 2008
I GREW UP IN SANLEON TEXAS AND ALL OF MY FAMILY STILL LIVES THERE I WANT TO THANK ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE TAKING IN FOOD AND WATER AND TAKING PICTURES YOU ARE A GOD SEND.IF ANYONE COULD TAKE A PICTURE OF MYDAD'S I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IT IS 532 13TH ST SAN LEON IT IS OFF OF BROAD WAY IT IS A WHITE TRAILORPARKED VERTICALLY WITH A BLACK CAR IN THE DRIVE WAY MYEMAIL IS april_kittrell@yahoo.com
Mya

Columbus, OH

#46 Sep 19, 2008
Please I have looked at all the photos etc. but I do not know the area. My friend and her family lived on Crystal Lane. They did leave their house but did not leave San Leon. They were hold up at their church five miles further inland and were keeping it open for other evacuees.

Anyone have any news on Crystal Lane or Bob & Marcia Ethridge and daughter Kiara Ware?

I am SURE they are busy like everyone else---- just want to know they are okay.
Mya

Columbus, OH

#47 Sep 19, 2008
HEY ALL RIGHT! Just got to talk to my friend Marcia. She and her husband were very lucky. Their house remained standing. However, five acres of fence gone, roof at least partially, everything drenched of course- and if they have to stop using a 40 dollar a day generator then everything is going to mildew. However, she is grateful that they have one. She spoke at length about the lack of help up until now- but how today the FEMA trailors are there and there are military personnel on hand to help the controlled chaos. She was waiting in line for them to open and give people supplies. Everything is really not much though and rationed of course. Lastnite apparently was the first hot anything she had had in days. & She commented she feels she will be sick if she has to eat one more bologna sandwich. She reiterated what other have said. People, even people that normally do "ok" --- do NOT have right now. People are hungry. People are tired and people are hurting. There are still missing, yet on that front I seemed to know more than her. She also verfified that if even she leaves the area- she will have to face the baracades and show I.D.--- cause they are NOT allowing people who do not normally belong there to be there right now.

She spoke of someone getting shot because of looting earlier in the week. & Spoke of how it seem tragedy either makes you buck it up - though tired- or how it can bring every selfish and brash point out of people---------- as people cut in lines- or try to take the little you got.

She is tired. They are all tired.

& They are hungry and hurting. Hurting out of shock, hurting cause of hunger and weariness, some because of loss------ all because of lack of food money etc.*Remember- even when someone might have--- doesn't mean they can get to--------especially if institutions involved are closed. & A lot of peoples' jobs are down- in some cases- gone. You know how most of us live week to week? Well---- many have been working
but now have been not working a week. No money on top of everything else. No one taking debit even for those that have.

I asked how someone- without an I.D. could get any kind of help down there to them------money or food--- & she didn't rightly know. Said that's why FEMA is there she guessed.

Just wanted to give the skinny as I got it from someone who is there.

& I want to tell you all something. This lady is a very strong lady. I have seen her weather a lot in life and do it with a lot of grace and definite fortitude, but I will tell you that this has seemed to knock the wind out of her also. & *I knw she is trying------ as they all are---

But she said is is BAD, "Mya, it is really BAD." & She in NO WAY exaggerates---------- so people-

PRAY. PRAY a lot & if any of us find out how to help- I would encourage people to do so.

The pics the rumors etc.= this all is not an exaggeration. & Until today many down there have felt as if they were forgotten, hearing about all the help going to the Houston area==========

"Wiped of the map" was used=

Anyway-
Kerrie Rumbut-Laminack

Houston, TX

#48 Sep 20, 2008
Jim A wrote:
House on water at the end of 20th. Down from Gingers, Anyone have any word. Wanting to come back if possible
I am Ginger*s cousin & her house is gone as well as most all on her street except Diana & George Clicks new house. Homes on pilings had a chance. Ginger*s flooded 4-6 foot of water in restaurant, mucking it out now. No electricity or sewer yet & gas is going to be shut off. I'm looking for viable housing in the area for her now (I am a realtor). Really haven't looked further but will, didn't want to get shot. I'm the admin for gingersonline so email me there with your info and I'll make sure you get a picture. I hope ur home faired better than hers. The people of San Leon will need alot of help & support from their friends. It's devastating.
Kerrie Rumbut-Laminack

Houston, TX

#49 Sep 20, 2008
Luckily when I finally got to my cousin (her phone could not be charged) on Wedneday she could let me in showing her id when I called from the blockade. They had red cross there giving hot food from "the baptists". It smelled & looked great and she said they had a meal the day before. Most don't realize that these people even need clean underwear, socks, bras stuff that washed away in the surge with the rest of their home. I would say it's equivalent to a total house fire and some even lost their vehicles. Walmart was open somewhat this week in my area so I picked up some bras & panties for my aunt & Ginger. Unfortunately noone has much right now but I have enough to take care of at least that for them. They have some cash but I agree it's very difficult to understand til you are there.
Cheerful

Dallas, TX

#50 Sep 20, 2008
I just got back from San leon. It is like a war zone down there. There is rubble all over many of the streets. Many, Many homes are flat out destoyed. We followed the bay around from 12th to Top Water and it is not pretty. Lots of people just trying to get through day by day. There are search and recover teams going door to door. Helicopters flying over head. Fire departments from North Texas helping. The Baptist Men are at Community Church helping them. They have a sign up for someone to do bulldozing for free if you need it. The National guard is now at the spillway...passing out ice and water. The only place I saw them by the way. Neighbors are helping Neighbors. I did not see any state or government agencies helping in the clean up process. There was a trailer at Wayno's today helping people register for Fema. But, little else in the way of FEMA. There are looters will be shot signs EVERYWHERE. IT is going to take months for there to be anything that even remotely seems the same there. You much pass through one of two check points to enter: FM 517 and the Spillway. They will only let you in with VALID ID. You can follow behind someone you know if they first tell them you are with them. I took close to 500 pictures and did not even get through all of town. Many people where simply tired of people driving down their street and gawking. Case in point: Top Water. IT IS really, Really Bad at April Fool Point. There are no words. Houses are just GONE. Really this is all along the water line. The ones that survived are damaged. Some are just fine though. It is surreal. I hope to God that they let somepeople in to help out soon. At least to get the rubble out. You can hardly drive down many of the streets! The Barge on 7th street came with in feet of taking out two houses. I could go on and on. I will post my pictures in the morning or at least tomorrow sometime.

Since: Sep 08

Friendswood, TX

#51 Sep 21, 2008
Cheerful wrote:
I just got back from San leon. It is like a war zone down there. There is rubble all over many of the streets. Many, Many homes are flat out destoyed. We followed the bay around from 12th to Top Water and it is not pretty. Lots of people just trying to get through day by day. There are search and recover teams going door to door. Helicopters flying over head. Fire departments from North Texas helping. The Baptist Men are at Community Church helping them. They have a sign up for someone to do bulldozing for free if you need it. The National guard is now at the spillway...passing out ice and water. The only place I saw them by the way. Neighbors are helping Neighbors. I did not see any state or government agencies helping in the clean up process. There was a trailer at Wayno's today helping people register for Fema. But, little else in the way of FEMA. There are looters will be shot signs EVERYWHERE. IT is going to take months for there to be anything that even remotely seems the same there. You much pass through one of two check points to enter: FM 517 and the Spillway. They will only let you in with VALID ID. You can follow behind someone you know if they first tell them you are with them. I took close to 500 pictures and did not even get through all of town. Many people where simply tired of people driving down their street and gawking. Case in point: Top Water. IT IS really, Really Bad at April Fool Point. There are no words. Houses are just GONE. Really this is all along the water line. The ones that survived are damaged. Some are just fine though. It is surreal. I hope to God that they let somepeople in to help out soon. At least to get the rubble out. You can hardly drive down many of the streets! The Barge on 7th street came with in feet of taking out two houses. I could go on and on. I will post my pictures in the morning or at least tomorrow sometime.
CAN I LEAVE A # WITH YOU FOR LIZ OR BRENDA
Lynne

United States

#52 Sep 21, 2008
Cheerful wrote:
Dear Cheerful,

I use to live in San Leon and worked for Salt Water Real Estate.. For Keith Boyd I was wanting to check to see if Keith made it through and his house .. he lived on 11th st. down by the water.. I would love to see your picture's.. We lived in the Blue Rent house on the corner of Bayshore and 17th I saw a picture of it and it looke to be stil standing.. Here is my email if you don't mind sending me some picture's .. I was wondering about the Real Estate building if it is still standing? My email is willisparachute@aol.com.. Suzanne
DebraU

Clute, TX

#53 Sep 22, 2008
brat in San Leon wrote:
I live in San Leon on 8th street...we have a structure still standing, but that is about all. I have been down there the last 3 days working on my home. My husband is on the fire dept. and has been working very hard with all of them to try and get the community back together. If there is any thing I can do to help any of you with pics or info please let me know...grice_d78@yahoo.com
We got about 4 feet of water in our house and have lost it all. We got out so that is all that matters right now...it kills me to see my community like this. I have lived down there for 10 years and my husband has lived there all of his life along with his mother and father who have lost it all too. Please let me know if there is any thing that I can help you with!!!
What an amazing person you are Brat in San Leon. You have lost it all as well as your in-laws, but yet you are still willing to DO for others...YOU are a remarkable person!!! There should be more people like you in this world. Please let me know if "I" can do anything to help "you". I am in Lake Jackson, but plan to come to Dickinson/San Leon area to bring some things to my sister who lived on 9th St. and lost it all. BTW...my sister is looking for a friend of hers that lived there, too, her name is Stephanie. Her Dad, Jim Divine did not survive Ike but she has heard nothing about Stephanie his daughter. Do you think that you might find out for me so that I can tell her? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot
DebraU

Clute, TX

#54 Sep 22, 2008
Mya wrote:
HEY ALL RIGHT! Just got to talk to my friend Marcia. She and her husband were very lucky. Their house remained standing. However, five acres of fence gone, roof at least partially, everything drenched of course- and if they have to stop using a 40 dollar a day generator then everything is going to mildew. However, she is grateful that they have one. She spoke at length about the lack of help up until now- but how today the FEMA trailors are there and there are military personnel on hand to help the controlled chaos. She was waiting in line for them to open and give people supplies. Everything is really not much though and rationed of course. Lastnite apparently was the first hot anything she had had in days. & She commented she feels she will be sick if she has to eat one more bologna sandwich. She reiterated what other have said. People, even people that normally do "ok" --- do NOT have right now. People are hungry. People are tired and people are hurting. There are still missing, yet on that front I seemed to know more than her. She also verfified that if even she leaves the area- she will have to face the baracades and show I.D.--- cause they are NOT allowing people who do not normally belong there to be there right now.
She spoke of someone getting shot because of looting earlier in the week. & Spoke of how it seem tragedy either makes you buck it up - though tired- or how it can bring every selfish and brash point out of people---------- as people cut in lines- or try to take the little you got.
She is tired. They are all tired.
& They are hungry and hurting. Hurting out of shock, hurting cause of hunger and weariness, some because of loss------ all because of lack of food money etc.*Remember- even when someone might have--- doesn't mean they can get to--------especially if institutions involved are closed. & A lot of peoples' jobs are down- in some cases- gone. You know how most of us live week to week? Well---- many have been working
but now have been not working a week. No money on top of everything else. No one taking debit even for those that have.
I asked how someone- without an I.D. could get any kind of help down there to them------money or food--- & she didn't rightly know. Said that's why FEMA is there she guessed.
Just wanted to give the skinny as I got it from someone who is there.
& I want to tell you all something. This lady is a very strong lady. I have seen her weather a lot in life and do it with a lot of grace and definite fortitude, but I will tell you that this has seemed to knock the wind out of her also. & *I knw she is trying------ as they all are---
But she said is is BAD, "Mya, it is really BAD." & She in NO WAY exaggerates---------- so people-
PRAY. PRAY a lot & if any of us find out how to help- I would encourage people to do so.
The pics the rumors etc.= this all is not an exaggeration. & Until today many down there have felt as if they were forgotten, hearing about all the help going to the Houston area==========
"Wiped of the map" was used=
Anyway-
Where are your friends? I am going to Dickinson on Wednesday...I can bring some items if they are in need of them. Please let me know asap!!! It seems as though San Leon has been forgotten...let's band together and not let this happen!!!
Steven Gasiewicz

Buffalo, NY

#55 Sep 23, 2008
Looking to hear from my brother Marty Gasiewicz. Anyone know of his where abouts?
JoLene

Las Vegas, NV

#56 Oct 11, 2008
Lucy wrote:
Any news about Bacliff and San Leon. Has anyone seen pics or has access to pictures online?
HI I am from San Leon staying in LasVegas. I went home to clean out my house and have pic's of the area if you would like some please email me. It is real bad
JoLene

Las Vegas, NV

#57 Oct 11, 2008
Hi I am from San Leon staying in Las Vegas right now. I went home on the 15 after the storm. Had to gut the bottom half of my house out. I allso have lots of pic's from the storm. If there is any way you can email me I would be glad to share them they are real sad. Half of our town is completly destroyed. Pray for all
suzan

Olive Hill, KY

#58 Dec 30, 2014
Doez keith Boydstill have his realestate therein san leon Tx I think of him often hard to keep living I ky now .
Trayce

United States

#59 Jul 17, 2017
Need to locate sammy delacruz or savannah coffin. Monetary Compensation $$$$ to someone who can help. They r in san leon or bacliff in a white and blue pull behind rv.
TheMachine

United States

#60 Jul 19, 2017
Trayce wrote:
Need to locate sammy delacruz or savannah coffin. Monetary Compensation $$$$ to someone who can help. They r in san leon or bacliff in a white and blue pull behind rv.
Are they hot? Lol. I've been a good boy for WAY too long

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Leon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i love kickboxing League City (May '16) Thu SebastianFartstain 28
Black,china,h-ro•xy•bl*ues Apr 1 Ehighness 1
Chris Heard (your new city admin) Mar '18 Fart Warning 2
News Blue Onyx Bistro plans February near the Galleria Mar '18 test 7
News ORU Education Students Helping Victims Of Hurri... Feb '18 Fart Event 2
Dragon Lady (Aug '08) Feb '18 Methane fart 38
News Animal overpopulation 'big problem' on Galvesto... (Jun '06) Jan '18 FART CAPTAIN 2

San Leon Jobs

Personal Finance

San Leon Mortgages