Electricity restored to much of mainland

Electricity restored to much of mainland

There are 8 comments on the The Galveston County Daily News story from Sep 16, 2008, titled Electricity restored to much of mainland. In it, The Galveston County Daily News reports that:

More than half of mainland communities have power and 90 percent have water, County Judge Jim Yarbrough said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Galveston County Daily News.

GJ Smith

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Sep 16, 2008
Has everyone in Bacliff been rescued? There were several people still there, and were running out of water and food as of yesterday evening.

Does anyone know if meals and help have arrived in that area? They can't get out.

This was on Sutton Street. Craig & Lynette Carlson live at 306, and they have joined with several others who were stranded there...
Glenn

San Antonio, TX

#2 Sep 16, 2008
I'm going there tomorrow and will check on them for you. and will take them water and food. My dad and sister live at Ave E.& 15th ST.
Spiked by Ike

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2008
I live in bacliff and have natural gas electric and running water, but no hot water, and about 16 people all together staying with me, food is scarce were all tired and need about a weeks sleep...they are handing out food at the senior center on 11th and ave b...but its more on a daily need, but were very thankful...
Spiked by Ike

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2008
oh and most stores are opened just long lines and cash only which sucks if u are like me with all money in bank as atm machines arnt working...cant buy no parishible food yet, we miss our milk and meat....god bless the vegitarians...lol dont know how they do it, cant wait for a big juicy steak or even hamburger meat some butter and milk...
ron

Philippines

#5 Sep 17, 2008
please inform me about the condition in la marque after hurricane ike thank you

Since: Sep 08

Tacoma, WA

#6 Sep 17, 2008
ron wrote:
please inform me about the condition in la marque after hurricane ike thank you
My cousin lives on Dolrece and her house escaped damage. As far as I know, the power is not back on there yet.
jeanie

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2008
most of 15th and 16th streets around grand area have electic alot still without, alot left to clean
Kerrie Rumbut-Laminack

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 20, 2008
Does 100 avenue A have power? Or the ability to? I am trying to find my cousin housing with electricity in the area to lease. She owns Gingers Coastal Eatery and lost her home to the sea. Anyone know any viable housing for lease? I am a realtor and am checking everything in MLS but maybe there are more out there available?

You can email me [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Leon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas City male prison guard faces inmate sex c... (Dec '06) Nov 7 curious 115
News No hurricane relief for those boycotting Israel Oct 27 Fart Range 2
Cervelle Homes - Sedona (Feb '11) Oct 21 Very wet fart 103
News Texas city offers Hurricane Harvey relief only ... Oct 21 Very good fart 2
Work on home in exchange for RV space. Oct 21 Park a Fart 3
RUTH ANN ELGIN DAGERATH TRIBUTE on YouTube Oct 18 Tribute 1
timothy craig baker? (Jul '09) Oct '17 Janna 5

San Leon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Leon Mortgages