17-year-old homicide victim from San ...

17-year-old homicide victim from San Leandro identified

There are 145 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Dec 30, 2008, titled 17-year-old homicide victim from San Leandro identified. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

A 17-year-old San Leandro boy who died after being shot in the 4500 block of Bancroft Avenue in Oakland shortly before 4:15 a.m. Saturday has been identified as Gerald Catalan, Oakland police spokesman Jeff ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Realist

Hillsborough, NC

#71 Jan 9, 2012
Some of you are very ignorant people. Blaming "Hip-Hop" and saying that it glorifies this so called "gangsta" live style only leads me to believe that you don't have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Simply put, your argument has no foundation. Blaming anything or anyone other than the sole person responsible for this unjust crime is completely absurd. Music doesn't make decisions for people. People make their own decisions. I am a hispanic man that was raised in the DC metro area and I have seen my share of crime and unnecessary violence. I chose to go the other route and live my life a different way and it wasn't very difficult. I am 23 now and I own a two story home, I have two cars of which the oldest is a 2011, and I am putting my self through a prestigious university. I never lived in a nice neighborhood and most certainly didn't have anyone around to give me any type of handouts. What these kids is a little bit of guidance, motivation, and discipline NOT people patronizing them.

IF ANY ONE that knew this kid reads this...make a CONSCIOUS decision to make a difference in your life...it can be done it just take a tiny little bit of effort.
Realist

Hillsborough, NC

#72 Jan 9, 2012
joblessss wrote:
lil kids trying to be tough. I hope all the gangmembers in oakland kill eachother. let's just watch them destroy eachother while listening to classical music.
Read your quote...no wonder your "Jobless". You are as ignorant as it gets.
GOLD4daRICHCUZ

United States

#73 Jan 9, 2012
Itz only da rap tht we as a BlackBrothers can dig cuse hate th whitefoool get a cap in hsass cuz CRIPS550RICHLND
Gerardo

Mount Airy, NC

#74 Jan 11, 2012
Alright, so let me get this right, Gerald Catalan, was that "snoopy?" from the documentary. Sympathies.
CuriousGeorge

Long Beach, CA

#75 Jan 15, 2012
rip snoopy wrote:
I knew snoopy and javier. basically all of them. good kids crying out for help. look at whats brought to them? nothing but bad all around. parents try to do their best but its out of their control
is there anyway i can get in touch with javier?
JohnnyO

Redwood City, CA

#76 Jan 20, 2012
Most crimes in San Leandro now a days are by BLACKS !
Can't trust them. When I see them in the streets. I watch em closely. Low Life Thieves. The mayor in San Leandro should be more serious and up the jail time on crimes in San Leandro.
That is if he wants to be re-elected in the future.
Take care of the crime issues in San Leandro Mayor!
Snide

United States

#77 Mar 3, 2012
I feel sorry for any decent tax payer in the area, the Oakland police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty, and all the innocent people shot for simply being in the area, like Mario. May they all rest in peace and state statues be past that could quell the violence.
Frito Lay

United States

#78 Mar 3, 2012
JohnnyO wrote:
Can't trust them. When I see them in the streets. I watch em closely. Low Life Thieves. The mayor in San Leandro should be more serious and up the jail time on crimes in San Leandro.
110% Totally Agree.
woopwowpp

San Francisco, CA

#79 Mar 7, 2012
Gerardo wrote:
Alright, so let me get this right, Gerald Catalan, was that "snoopy?" from the documentary. Sympathies.
yes
Tyrone Bch

United States

#81 Mar 8, 2012
JohnnyO wrote:
FUKYUCUZZZ CRIP4LIF550OAK
Frank PhD

Hayward, CA

#82 Mar 9, 2012
Hmmm...Must be Black, must be a retarded gang member too. Oakland really is a giant nigfarm.
Tyrone Bch wrote:
<quoted text>
FUKYUCUZZZ CRIP4LIF550OAK
James

College Point, NY

#84 May 25, 2012
Is javier still alive? Is he still gang banging
Ned

United States

#85 May 26, 2012
James wrote:
Is javier still alive? Is he still gang banging
Yep, he beats off in the bushes watching 4th graders play.
Leeann

Westport, MA

#86 Aug 28, 2012
Liam wrote:
I knew that kid...
Was snoopy nice I saw him on tv he is cute
Leeann

Westport, MA

#87 Aug 31, 2012
Rip wrote:
I think about you everyday.. Those who knew you knew that you had a good heart. Rest easy boi
R u a border brother member cause u said u no Catalan Aka snoopy
Javier

Clearlake, CA

#88 Sep 24, 2012
Yeah I'm here in jr college.
Left the oak and makin a change.
Rip snoop
Jusme

Berkeley, CA

#89 Sep 24, 2012
Javier wrote:
Rip snoop
Where at? I'm tryin to talk to you
Jusme

Berkeley, CA

#90 Sep 24, 2012
Javier wrote:
Rip snoop
You got Facebook?
Jusme

Concord, CA

#91 Sep 24, 2012
Javier wrote:
Rip snoop
This sound crazy but I hella want to get to know you, I'm from oakland too..
Javier

Clearlake, CA

#92 Sep 25, 2012
No since the show folks been trying to get at me for all the wrong reasons. Sorry. If you come to medocino jr college I spend 5th and 6th in the library. M-wen. I'll talk to you but I don't know you and can't see what I can do for you? I'm a regular guy. Just trying to make a change. Who gives a fuck what I do? I got a girl. I got a kid. I don't need to have someone else on my soul. You saw the show. It was not good. I don't want to die. I want my familia and my homies proud of me. I got out. I did something. I'm not hating on you but you don't know me. Find a kid in your own life and try helping closer to home. That show was a curse. I hope you can feel me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Leandro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Smiley 21,533
Anyone know why Central Ave McDonald's was clos... Apr 22 theemaxx 1
Ronald Paulo 3 is a child molester Apr 21 Concerned citizen 1
News Reputed Gang Member Faces New Charges Apr 20 Eye 4 N Eye 2
News Mayor Libby Schaaf helps rescue famous Oakland ... Apr 20 Eye 4 N Eye 2
News Some Oakland churches offer drastic advice: Sto... Apr 20 jbalsak 1
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) Apr 19 Human 249

San Leandro Jobs

Personal Finance

San Leandro Mortgages