Man Shot By Oakland Police During Cha...

Man Shot By Oakland Police During Chase Dies

There are 48 comments on the NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Man Shot By Oakland Police During Chase Dies. In it, NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area reports that:

A 21-year-old man from Oakland who was shot by at least one Oakland police officer following a chase from Oakland to San Leandro has died, Oakland police spokesman Roland Holmgren said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
franco-from-oakt own

Fairfield, CA

#1 Jul 21, 2008
give-opd-medals-and-araise
Evita

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2008
Look, Franco-from-oaktown.....your ignorant self really needs to check your ignorance at the door, in case you have never heard the saying, "if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all" then I'm saying it to you now. That man was my cousin, someone that I loved and was loved by many dearly, I wonder how you would feel if the police (or anyone else) shot one of your family members or friends in the head and you had to watch them laying in a bed on life support? Shame on you...You really need a reality check.
Signed,
A Pissed Off Loved ONE
FedUp

San Mateo, CA

#3 Jul 25, 2008
The only ignorance I see here is the people in the car. Do you condone what they were doing....Dealing drugs? Running from police? Putting innocent people in harms way? I hate scum bag BLIZOIDS like these. It's like watching another episode of Cops. Oh the poor black guys are always the victims. Nope. It's called reality. If they would have just stopped like regular do for police, fess up to the criminal lifestyle they chose to live and just go to jail quietly. But no, they want to quick buck, live the thug life, have a roll of money in their baggy jeans. It's the same old SH!@$#! And who ends up paying for it. Yes, ME and every other respectable citizen. Pull you head out Evita and save the "How would you like, self entitlement" !@$#! for someone who cares. THese thugs need a father figure which 95% don't have.
Evita

United States

#4 Jul 25, 2008
Look you oblivious piece of nothing, first of all, baggy jeans and fatherless is a stereotype you prejudice mothaf**cka. And thugs is far from what my cousin had. Matter fact he did have a father figure in his life, matter fact, more than one, and i'm only speaking for my cousin, the passenger, he had a Godfather, two grandfathers, and an uncle in his life. He went to work 5 days a week from 6 am- 5pm or later, doing construction. He had money, and not from drugs, and sweetie, don't believe everything you hear on the news or read in the papers. Because they didn't even spell his name correctly, nor did they even get the dates of his death correct. And black men are a target of police in general sweetie, whether they are committing crimes or not, or maybe you need to continue watching t.v., matter fact, why don't you take your ass to the hood and try and live and survive one day of what they live everyday. And poor black guys, sorry honey, he's far from it. And actually the reality is that the criminal justice system is racist and prejudice, or maybe you need to do some research. And you're right, they chose to do the things they did, but that doesn't mean my cousin deserved to have his life ended. Punishment, jail time, sure, but death, never. He wasn't a bad person, he didn't deserve that. He has never taken a life, so therefore why should his had been taken? And my head is out my friend, it's very much in, and aware. So why don't you save your ignorance for someone else, because I'm really not trying to hear it.....
Evita

United States

#5 Jul 25, 2008
o, and for the simple-minded gentlemen who just ASSUMED, that my cousin was black, which i never said he was, nor did the news, or any of the articles online say it, that just proves my point of stereotypes, racism, ignorance, and prejudice. You assumed he was black because it was a crime. Try keeping your head out of the t.v. so much, and read a book. Ignorance is Bliss sweetie.
Terrible

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jul 26, 2008
So it's okay for the fat aZZ OPD to just shoot and kill people now days huh? If we start supporting these actions, soon we, or a family member could find ourselves the receiver of police bullets, and their excuse of, "We thought he/she was reaching for a gun, oops" will become acceptable and never questioned.
Conolences to the children of the vicim.
LEAP

United States

#7 Jul 26, 2008
i dont care what race a person is...learn personal responsibility! why is it that people with previous criminal histories are the ones running from the law. it's because they have been caught in the past & know what the consequences are. LAW & ORDER NOW obey the law, act right & keep your nose clean...then you wont have to worry about "the man", the po-po, or whatever you care to call a person who puts their life on the line every night to protect the good people in our society. NO SYMPATHY FOR THUGS & CRIMINALS
Rayboy

United States

#8 Jul 26, 2008
EVITA....I don't want to take my ass to the 'hood'...but apparently the opression and mean cops were too much for some Oakland protohumans to stay there too. So...five street recent robberies in Hayward and TWELVE car burglaries in HALF MOON BAY were the result of some victimized oppressed Oaktown youth who took their thugcraft and civic value system on a road trip.
Stay tune

United States

#9 Jul 26, 2008
Are cops taught to shot to kill? Or are they taking the law in their own hands?
Keekee43

United States

#10 Jul 26, 2008
Anyone that has a blind eye to racism is a racist also, I myself don't like thugs and hope to keep the streets clear and free of them, but to condom killings from those who are supposed to protect us is what we call police corruption and brutality and hopefully will one day end. Think about it they're always talking about what a black man does, drugs and guns, is it OK to molest and be a pedifier, is it OK to be a habitual liar, embezzle, is it OK to disrespect, to cuss your parents out, to kill them, is it OK to have so much hate in your heart from total ignorance and profess to be a Christian, is it OK for catholic priest to fondle little boys and have them as sex toys live like Sodom and gomorrah is it OK. I can go on and on about the filth the white man does that's being covered up in America nothing but pure evil. So let's keep stereotyping the black man so the white man can continue to get away with the heinous crimes that being committed everyday within their four walls and behind a door.

“You have been lied to”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#11 Jul 26, 2008
Keekee43 wrote:
Anyone that has a blind eye to racism is a racist also, I myself don't like thugs and hope to keep the streets clear and free of them, but to condom killings from those who are supposed to protect us is what we call police corruption and brutality and hopefully will one day end. Think about it they're always talking about what a black man does, drugs and guns, is it OK to molest and be a pedifier, is it OK to be a habitual liar, embezzle, is it OK to disrespect, to cuss your parents out, to kill them, is it OK to have so much hate in your heart from total ignorance and profess to be a Christian, is it OK for catholic priest to fondle little boys and have them as sex toys live like Sodom and gomorrah is it OK. I can go on and on about the filth the white man does that's being covered up in America nothing but pure evil. So let's keep stereotyping the black man so the white man can continue to get away with the heinous crimes that being committed everyday within their four walls and behind a door.
time to take your meds keekee...keep on hating & thinking that everyone's against you.
Just Candid

Nashville, TN

#13 Jul 27, 2008
Police are authorized to murder anyone they please.

“Very Sane”

Since: Jul 08

Golf Manor, Ohio

#14 Jul 27, 2008
Leap, I applaud you. U have won the Idiots award. I have said nothing about anyone being against me, and don't think so. As I stated I don't like thugs and hate crime all kinds. naturally you didn't comprehend that part, which tells me your eyes are closed to what goes on amongst your peers and family, A unjustifiable shooting is a crime and should be investigated in it's fullest. You Leap seems to be depressed and maybe full of hate in your own heart but that's OK.
ICE CUBE

Castro Valley, CA

#15 Jul 28, 2008
The cop made a BIG FAT mistake.... They should have CAPPED THE &$*#@!^%*@$ IN THE PASANGER SEAT!
Dante

Burnaby, Canada

#16 Jul 28, 2008
Bush and Cheney did it!
Regina Gonzalez

Oakland, CA

#17 Aug 3, 2008
Andrew Marcus Gonzalez was the most loving brother a sister could have...His heart was made of gold and ready for what ever.He kept it real and helped all loved ones.He is missed by many and loved by all who know him.Cant no body replace him.he was unique and far from a bad person.Rest in heaven bro for i will see you soon.Look for us and protect us from the bad.shine bright you will never be forgotten.....love you
Kirby

Mountain View, CA

#18 Aug 9, 2008
Read the goddamn report! These guys refused to pull over for the police, took off at a high rate of speed (thank God no innocent pedestrians got run over as sometimes happen), lost control of their car, crashed into a police car and one was reaching down to get what appeared to be a weapon...and did indeed turn out to be a loaded gun! No one to blame but themselves for what happened next. Wonderful person my ass! Behave like a savage barbarian and expect to pay the ultimate price mf-er!

Since: Apr 08

Republic of Texas

#19 Aug 9, 2008
All they had to do was pull over for the police.... The man would still be alive.
OPD_fan

Boulder Creek, CA

#20 Aug 10, 2008
I lived in Oakland for four days. Yes, four days. It was too much, too dangerous, too lawless. The cops are out numbered and there is no respect for the law. I can't blame the cops for shooting this guy. It's real simple, if you don't want the police to shoot you, do what they tell you to do. If you don't want to go to jail, don't break the law. It's not that complicated.

Oakland is out of control. Thank God we even have men and women that are willing to risk their lives to be police officers in Oakland.
Isabelle

San Francisco, CA

#21 Aug 10, 2008
As a family member you are hurting and not a fair judge of the situation. If you are doing something that is against the law you MAY die doing it. You dont know how the police will react and it is a chance you are taking. Do you deserve to die? probably not but thats the gamble of illegal activity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Leandro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 56 min John Doe 20,279
News Read my lips: Heck no 9 hr Birds Landing Bob 17
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 15 hr Brittle Fingers 17,209
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... (May '15) 16 hr swedenforever 36
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) Mon North Mountain 142
corruption Alameda May 21 cookie 1
Dystopian's Ball Scheduled May 21 Warnt Like That Nope 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Leandro Mortgages