Feds sued over north-south water tran...

Feds sued over north-south water transfer plan

There are 9 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jul 2, 2010, titled Feds sued over north-south water transfer plan. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Three environmental groups, including Chico-based AquaAlliance, Thursday, filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation calling for environmental review of plans for a 2010-11 north-to-south water transfer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Steve Bilson

Thousand Oaks, CA

#1 Jul 2, 2010
I spent the last 20 years at the peak of my adult life squandering millions of dollars trying to help Southern California’s urban water districts appreciate the financial and environmental benefits of legal residential water recycling and was, and am still, disgusted by their vehement opposition to it.

I could provide you with reams of information about all that we've done to try to help them solve their perpetual lack of water and never-ending “need” for your water, but this isn’t a legal document. Rather, it's a warning from one Northern California man about what he discovered when he moved to So Cal to help them conserve water.

Southern California’s urban water districts disregard countless federal and state laws, rules, guidelines, and supposedly binding agreements on water conservation and reuse. Time and time again, even when it’s proven that their ratepayers could save fortunes from certain conservation and reuse methods, they have shown through deeds that the only thing they care about is selling more Northern California water and generating more revenues.

20 years ago, I would have told anyone they’re crazy if they’d told me that those obviously needy agencies would methodically shun, ridicule, and even defame people who try to help them save water. But they do.

Southern California’s urban water districts are outlaws run by conniving attorneys who could care less if your future is ruined, and they never run out of money to spin yarns about why they must have your water.

Steve Bilson
Founder, ReWater Systems
Founding Member, Protect Our Water and Enviromental Rights
PO Box 19364
Newbury Park, CA 91319

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 2, 2010
Thank you Steve for posting.
I am also very disappointed.
Waste Not Want Not

Temecula, CA

#3 Jul 6, 2010
As far as I can tell, the volume of conserved water, recycled water and desalted water developed in Southern California (a pretty mass labeling by Mr. Bilson) far exceed anything done in northern California, where some communities are just getting around to metering their water after years of obstruction in the legislature. Should the City of Los Angeles and the City of San Diego have done more by now? Yes. But places like Orange County and the Inland Empire are making up for their slack and thensome. Now, back to the story, which was whether environmental review should be done for short term water transfers.

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 6, 2010
My God, this has to stop & pronto! No more of Northern California's water goes South to those desert-dwelling, city-slicker idiots. It's time to seriously monkey wrench any & all pumps that play a role in the transference of our North State water. This is absolutely disgusting! Furthermore, the people profiting off these transfers should be hung forthwith from a nice lynching tree.
Farmer Joe

Chico, CA

#5 Jul 6, 2010
Send So. Cal. what they need, the helll with keeping their lakes full. Such political B.S. going on in this state. If So. Cal. wants water year round and their lakes full, pump it out of the ocean. You guys have the money to build de-saltation plants. DO IT. Don't F-up our enviroment.

“AccountKiller”

Location hidden

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Water is the #1 reason we need to make California into 2 or 3 different states. There are, of course, other, less important reasons also.
Farmer Joe

Chico, CA

#7 Jul 7, 2010
4thGenChico wrote:
Water is the #1 reason we need to make California into 2 or 3 different states. There are, of course, other, less important reasons also.
AND water is the #1 reason the rich politions in this state will NEVER let that happen.

“AccountKiller”

Location hidden

#8 Jul 7, 2010
Farmer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
AND water is the #1 reason the rich politions in this state will NEVER let that happen.
True enough.
Farmer Joe

Chico, CA

#9 Jul 7, 2010
Farmer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets vote these MFers out, and elect people that care about Northern California. MEG WHITMAN is one of the people that does not care about Northern California also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Joaquin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Calaveras, Stanislaus Partner On Groundwater St... Oct '17 Art 2
Capistrano Homes (Feb '13) Aug '17 jane doe 2
News Homicide in Mendota (Feb '08) Apr '17 Rigo 6
News Orange Cove spent lavishly on a BMX park that i... (May '09) Feb '17 Peter 83
Kerman Ca, Girl and two sons are missing. (Jan '15) Dec '16 Bowiemantx 4
News REACHing everyone is goal of Stockton activist (Sep '14) Sep '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Episcopal dispute at a glance (May '14) Jun '14 Joe DeCaro 76

San Joaquin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Joaquin Mortgages