Local: Court gets Episcopal case on V...

Local: Court gets Episcopal case on Valley properties

There are 8 comments on the Fresno Bee story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Local: Court gets Episcopal case on Valley properties. In it, Fresno Bee reports that:

A key phase begins today in the court battle between the U.S. Episcopal Church and the breakaway Diocese of San Joaquin over who owns the Valley churches' properties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fresno Bee.

T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#1 Oct 20, 2010
If an 'Orthodox Anglican' is judged by their actions then most of them would be in prison for thief.

From the article:

The California Supreme Court already has sided with the national Episcopal Church in a similar property battle involving three breakaway Southern California parishes. The rebel diocese, however, says this case is different because it is the first time that an entire diocese has tried to pull away from the national church.
Think Again

Clayton, NC

#2 Oct 20, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
If an 'Orthodox Anglican' is judged by their actions then most of them would be in prison for thief.
From the article:
The California Supreme Court already has sided with the national Episcopal Church in a similar property battle involving three breakaway Southern California parishes. The rebel diocese, however, says this case is different because it is the first time that an entire diocese has tried to pull away from the national church.
If you were judged by your spelling your would be declared illiterate.

You can't steal what you own. If the name of the church is on the deed then the church owns the building. Simple as that.
T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were judged by your spelling your would be declared illiterate.
You can't steal what you own. If the name of the church is on the deed then the church owns the building. Simple as that.
I have publicly stated in this forum that I am sight impaired and dyslexic. I have also been hearing impaired since birth.

Despite those handicaps I was reading and comprehending on a College freshman level when I was in 7th grade. I had to work really hard at that achievement. I was the only child in my school to ever achieve that level out of almost 2,000 kids.

Do they teach you to mock people with handicaps in LCMS? Is that what an Orthodox Christian practices?

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Oct 20, 2010
from Fresno Bee:

"The California Supreme Court already has sided with the national Episcopal Church in a similar property battle involving three breakaway Southern California parishes. The rebel diocese, however, says this case is different because it is the first time that an entire diocese has tried to pull away from the national church."

Apparently the 4 dioceses the AP previously reported as having left TEC did not leave in their entirerty?
Think Again

Clayton, NC

#5 Oct 20, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have publicly stated in this forum that I am sight impaired and dyslexic. I have also been hearing impaired since birth.
Despite those handicaps I was reading and comprehending on a College freshman level when I was in 7th grade. I had to work really hard at that achievement. I was the only child in my school to ever achieve that level out of almost 2,000 kids.
Do they teach you to mock people with handicaps in LCMS? Is that what an Orthodox Christian practices?
You mock others so you should expect it coming back your way. Can't take it don't do it, it is simple as that.
T McCabe

Fayetteville, TN

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You mock others so you should expect it coming back your way. Can't take it don't do it, it is simple as that.
Christ Jesus would be so proud of you. Do you also trip people with canes and walkers and laugh when they fall down? They really do have some interesting 'orthodox' moral values in your church (LCMS).
Think Again

Clayton, NC

#7 Oct 20, 2010
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ Jesus would be so proud of you. Do you also trip people with canes and walkers and laugh when they fall down? They really do have some interesting 'orthodox' moral values in your church (LCMS).
Awww poor McCabe. I know many handicapped people and worked with some (veterans who have lost limbs in war, etc.) who NEVER use their handicap as an excuse to treat others the way you do and then cry foul when you are treated the same in return.

The handicapped people I know and admire would NEVER feel sorry for themselves or expect others to feel sorry for them or treat them with kid gloves. They are more determined to prove to society that they can and will contribute. They don't want a hand out or even a hand up, they want to be treated like anyone else.

You came on to this board acting like an elitist know-it-all, degrading anyone who disagreed with you. Calling us ignorant, fools, idol worshipers, satan, etc. You bragged about your advanced degrees from prestigious universities. You should not be surprised at the reaction that you generate from your general mean-spirited, better-than-thou attitude.

Taunt me all you want but if you can't take it don't dish it out and it is obvious you can't take it.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#8 Oct 21, 2010
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Taunt me all you want but if you can't take it don't dish it out and it is obvious you can't take it.
LMFAO!

Whiner..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Joaquin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Orange Cove spent lavishly on a BMX park that i... (May '09) Feb 13 Peter 83
News Homicide in Mendota (Feb '08) Feb 8 tmarie4 4
Kerman Ca, Girl and two sons are missing. (Jan '15) Dec '16 Bowiemantx 4
News This judge says toddlers can defend themselves ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Truthfull 2
News Even if El Ni o delivers, California drought ma... (Dec '15) Dec '15 GEORGE MCNIEL 1
News REACHing everyone is goal of Stockton activist (Sep '14) Sep '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Episcopal dispute at a glance (May '14) Jun '14 Joe DeCaro 76

San Joaquin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Joaquin Mortgages