Local water rates to spurt upward

Local water rates to spurt upward

There are 3 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from May 5, 2008, titled Local water rates to spurt upward. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Look for water rates to go up this summer in the Whittier area, but don't blame it on the large regional agencies - such as the Metropolitan Water District, which recently raised its rate by about 14 percent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

James C

San Jose, CA

#1 May 6, 2008
I just love the way they keep saying it's the cost of doing business. It's just there way of putting us all right where they want us, in the pocket. Everything keeps getting higher and higher but our wages how do we afford to stay afloat? Maybe instead of raising the rate they just get rid of a few of those high paid people they have working for them.
taxes

Ventura, CA

#2 Aug 30, 2008
great
taxes

La Mirada, CA

#3 May 12, 2013
great

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Joaquin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Calaveras, Stanislaus Partner On Groundwater St... Oct '17 Art 2
Capistrano Homes (Feb '13) Aug '17 jane doe 2
News Homicide in Mendota (Feb '08) Apr '17 Rigo 6
News Orange Cove spent lavishly on a BMX park that i... (May '09) Feb '17 Peter 83
Kerman Ca, Girl and two sons are missing. (Jan '15) Dec '16 Bowiemantx 4
News REACHing everyone is goal of Stockton activist (Sep '14) Sep '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Episcopal dispute at a glance (May '14) Jun '14 Joe DeCaro 76

San Joaquin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Joaquin Mortgages