Shelter Dilemma

Apr 25, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Press-Enterprise

“He was approximately 30 inches long and well fed, about 1½ inches in diameter through the midsection”

Riverside County officials' proposal to build a regional center for the homeless, possibly in Homeland or Romoland, might not doom Valley Restart Shelter, which provides the same, sometimes controversial ... via The Press-Enterprise

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Ann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2008

When did Romoland become the dumping place for all of Riverside County's ills? What is our elected politician (Marion Ashley) doing to keep our town's best interest at the forefront of the matter? We do not have the resources to support something of this scale, and it is “GREAT” that Riverside County cities advised they would be "RESPONSIBLE" for their homeless in Romoland, but that is neither practical nor believable. Again, our politicians are stating they will feed us Fillet Mignon, when they are plopping dog food on our plates. If they are not willing to support their homeless in their own cities, why would I expect them to support them in a separate area/ Romoland? We do not need our peace and quiet interrupted with all that comes along with homeless shelters (drug, alcohol use, etc...) This shelter needs to be placed in a CITY where it can be best utilized and managed. Not a small town with limited resources. Any city that has it’s own police force to address the aforementioned issues would work and be the most practical choice. I consider this proposal and other "Romoland" inspired proposals by the Riverside County Council to be and attack on the Romoland residents' way of life. If these attacks on Romoland residents continue to occur, we need to seriously consider who is representing us and elect someone quickly who WILL represent us. It appears we have no representation currently, or the representation we have has other vested interests contrary to our best interests.
More Hemet Shelters

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

isn't there enough shelters there? how long are you Hemetians going to put up with this nonsense?
Charles Fitzberg

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

How about the Salton Sea?
Ben

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Actually, Salton Sea sounds like a great idea, but I think the shelter has to be in Riverside County. And do Romoland and Homeland still exist? I know it's an old post but I thought they were annexed to Menifee.
Lisa

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Ben wrote:
Actually, Salton Sea sounds like a great idea, but I think the shelter has to be in Riverside County. And do Romoland and Homeland still exist? I know it's an old post but I thought they were annexed to Menifee.
Yes. Romoland and Homeland still exist. Menifee was only able to take half of Romoland north of Mapes. If they want to build a shelter, it should be built near city centers not the outskirts of "new" cities, or near small towns where there are no services, industry/jobs, tranportation, or police force to support that population.
Curious

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

The RTA services that area. There are no jobs "in town" either, and the available police are busy with the section 8'ers, so yeah, we need to spread them around a little bit.
in the salton sea

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

How about inside the Salton Sea so they can float like they float their big checks they get from churches who need write offs.
Kat

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

how about Mexico?
but Kat

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

but Kat that is so un PC? and how can these freebie places with officers who depend on donations to justify being on the corporate boards if there's no needy to solicit funds for like some place in HEMET....

you mean that the U.S.A. should have stricter border securtiy like SOUTHERN MEXICO where they kill central Americans who cross, but WE give them free food, shelter, drivers licenses, HUD, section 8, food stamps....

my my my maybe America will grow a pair one day....YEAH, HOW ABOUT MEXICO? GOOD IDEA
Serious

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

With so-called leaders such as L.A.'s mayor Villa Ragosa wanting to give I.D.'s, you just might as well give up on closing the border. You should not spend one cent in L.A. He makes the problem bigger, and then it just spreads.
Kat

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Serious wrote:
With so-called leaders such as L.A.'s mayor Villa Ragosa wanting to give I.D.'s, you just might as well give up on closing the border. You should not spend one cent in L.A. He makes the problem bigger, and then it just spreads.
your so right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent San Jacinto Discussions

Search the San Jacinto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Section 8 people 43 min living large 5
Why is hemet racist ?!? 46 min say what 9
Single men in Hemet 55 min TRUTH IN COLO 11
Temecula: Three men arrested in connection with... 2 hr baby boomer 5
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Foes 15,666
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Lug Heads 7,300
Two students selected to work on Hubble Scope P... 16 hr SayWhat 1
•••
•••

San Jacinto News Video

•••
San Jacinto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Jacinto Jobs

•••