“Take It Easy, It's Only Me”

Since: May 07

Menifee, CA

#1 Oct 22, 2007
I started an online poll for Measure G...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/menifee-ca/T8...

Please vote only once so that we can get a good sense of what we might expect when the real voting starts.
JBWex

Hemet, CA

#2 Oct 24, 2007
Vote YES, All the arguments I've agains measure G focus in how much everyone oppsed hates Dr. Cahrduri, not the issue. The best way to save the hospital from going bankrupt, laying off workers and having a monumental impact on the community is to vote TES
Mary Ellen

Perris, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2007
As an employee of VHS, we want a No Vote. We do not need to sell our hospital to get a new managenent team in place. We also need to properly bill patients, billing a year later (which is what i received in my mail after taking my child to the er on 12/24/06) and also billing the correct charges not under charging which is what we currently do. Why would we want to sell our facilities for .15cents on the dollar? Why not just give it away, which is what we will be doing. Mr Cutler has already run the former Perris Hospital to closure, he had bought Pioneer Hospital, and shortly after purchase had closed the facility and sold everything inside, with it never opening again. This is what we want to sell to? We need new management, we need to remove Dr Chauhdri from the picture. All of the political ad's were either paid by him or VHS Accuisition which is also Mr Cutler. We need to wake up. Our hospital was built by community memebers to serve our community, why underserve them? Why go to a for profit, private institution, which is not what the founders of Valley Health had in mind. We are caregivers, that is what we do. I have been employed at the facility and currently am. We will not loose our jobs, will times be tough, yes, but nothing in life worth anything is easy. We need to Vote NO. It is our only answer, why give back to a doctor who has said he would run the facility to the ground? Would a group of physicians put their livelyhood and reputations on the line if this was not worth it? Absolutely not! Lets face it, its bad for our community and bad for patients! The only answer is Vote NO!!!
JBWex

Hemet, CA

#4 Nov 1, 2007
The claim that the hospital is being for sole for fiftenn cents on the dollar is ridiculous, as is the claim by those who want us to vote no that the hospital is worth 900 million. Even if one were to tear down the buildings and buy new property and build new, I dont believe it would cost that much. The buildings are old and some need to be retrofitted to meet earthquake standards. With the sale a new managment team coms in, quorum, woth something in the billions, do you believe that company like that would even dream of letting Charduari 'run the facility into the ground'? I dont think so!! Vote YES to save the hospital! BTW, If your an employee, how come your not listed in the internal hospital phone book??
Mary Ellen wrote:
As an employee of VHS, we want a No Vote. We do not need to sell our hospital to get a new managenent team in place. We also need to properly bill patients, billing a year later (which is what i received in my mail after taking my child to the er on 12/24/06) and also billing the correct charges not under charging which is what we currently do. Why would we want to sell our facilities for .15cents on the dollar? Why not just give it away, which is what we will be doing. Mr Cutler has already run the former Perris Hospital to closure, he had bought Pioneer Hospital, and shortly after purchase had closed the facility and sold everything inside, with it never opening again. This is what we want to sell to? We need new management, we need to remove Dr Chauhdri from the picture. All of the political ad's were either paid by him or VHS Accuisition which is also Mr Cutler. We need to wake up. Our hospital was built by community memebers to serve our community, why underserve them? Why go to a for profit, private institution, which is not what the founders of Valley Health had in mind. We are caregivers, that is what we do. I have been employed at the facility and currently am. We will not loose our jobs, will times be tough, yes, but nothing in life worth anything is easy. We need to Vote NO. It is our only answer, why give back to a doctor who has said he would run the facility to the ground? Would a group of physicians put their livelyhood and reputations on the line if this was not worth it? Absolutely not! Lets face it, its bad for our community and bad for patients! The only answer is Vote NO!!!
Mary Ellen

Perris, CA

#5 Nov 1, 2007
Why are you looking in the hospital phone book for me? Just save our Community Hospital VOTE NO!!!
William Hayes PhD

San Bernardino, CA

#6 Nov 2, 2007
Check out the letter from Robert C. Sorensen, MD, PhD at the hospitaldefenseleague.com . He summarizes recent studies documenting the substantially higher failure rate of hospitals following transfer to for-profit ownership. While our hospital and employment prospects may fare better in the short term, we may be far worse off in the long term if the new owner shuts down unprofitable services or sells off the assets in entirely. Moreover, if this happens, the cost to the district for building new facilities would be astronomical--far, far greater than the current sale price. We can sell our assets now, but we will have absolutely no say as to whether they continue to benefit us indefinitely.
William Hayes PhD

San Bernardino, CA

#7 Nov 2, 2007
I live in Hemet. I have no idea why I'm identified as being from Redlands.
kayla

Oxnard, CA

#8 Nov 5, 2007
I live in Hemet. I have no idea why I'm identified as being from Redlands

i live in hemet too but i am identified as from la
jennifer

Moreno Valley, CA

#9 Nov 5, 2007
Ummm first off exactly why is someone caring if were in the phone book or not at work place of work? Are you calling is in to work? Umm no. So its none of your dang business. Second umm why would we listen to you regarding putting a vote of our future place of work when you cant even spell "sole for fiftenn"....ummm...yea. I dont think so. Why i dont believe our hospital is worth $900 million, why did it not go to public auction or to other buyers besides select? Why are we so intent on selling it to them? And how have we almost gone through $14 million in just public ads? We havn't. Its because certain people are recieving kickbacks. Instead of giving employees the complete raises we deserve and the number of oversea nurses they hire now instead of ponying up the dough to pay nursing staff what they deserve.Also i dont appreciate the SIEU union for speaking for the entire membership stating that we ALL support the sale. We dont. They should do thier research and find out that only a handful at Hemet Hospital are for the sale. And from the talk i have heard around is that they only support the measure due to us losing our jobs as we are being threatend that will happen. They have already terminated certain insurance contracts which is also not right. Thank you and have a blessed day..
Save our Hospital

Perris, CA

#10 Nov 5, 2007
jennifer wrote:
Ummm first off exactly why is someone caring if were in the phone book or not at work place of work? Are you calling is in to work? Umm no. So its none of your dang business. Second umm why would we listen to you regarding putting a vote of our future place of work when you cant even spell "sole for fiftenn"....ummm...yea. I dont think so. Why i dont believe our hospital is worth $900 million, why did it not go to public auction or to other buyers besides select? Why are we so intent on selling it to them? And how have we almost gone through $14 million in just public ads? We havn't. Its because certain people are recieving kickbacks. Instead of giving employees the complete raises we deserve and the number of oversea nurses they hire now instead of ponying up the dough to pay nursing staff what they deserve.Also i dont appreciate the SIEU union for speaking for the entire membership stating that we ALL support the sale. We dont. They should do thier research and find out that only a handful at Hemet Hospital are for the sale. And from the talk i have heard around is that they only support the measure due to us losing our jobs as we are being threatend that will happen. They have already terminated certain insurance contracts which is also not right. Thank you and have a blessed day..
I completely agree....we need not sell to the lowest bidder for nothing......I hate a union speaking for me....i am completely independent in thinking and do not need them to tell me how to vote. We need to save what we have, and not give it away....once it is gone we can no longer get it back.!!!!!!! WE need to say NO NO NO NO NO on G!!!
John Ryan

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Nov 6, 2007
Mary Ellen wrote:
You don't represent VHS employees because the union and myself strongly support YES on G!!!!
jblc

Malibu, CA

#12 Nov 6, 2007
How soon until we'll know?
Bud

AOL

#13 Nov 7, 2007
OK, now what? bankruptcy, can they make payroll wit th efat union contracts? wheres the money gonna come from for the seismic retrofit? Hope to God it doesn't close down!

Ok NO side, you won, now lets see some answeers to the problem!!!
Brandon

Riverside, CA

#14 Nov 8, 2007
Now what happens?? I hope the NO people are happy now since there will be immediate layoffs.
Save the Hospital

Perris, CA

#15 Nov 9, 2007
Brandon wrote:
Now what happens?? I hope the NO people are happy now since there will be immediate layoffs.
I think you are mis-informed. According to the head of Quorum, they have no idea if layoffs will occur at all. It is too soon to tell. They have only been there 4 days. What do you expect? They told us, they had money to make payroll....i think you need to be optimistic, afterall not every change is bad!!! The election is over, move on!
Save the Hospital

Perris, CA

#16 Nov 9, 2007
John Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't represent VHS employees because the union and myself strongly support YES on G!!!!
John,
You need to get your information correct. When we held the Union vote at Hemet, it was a NO vote. Please do not speak for all the Hemet Union members who wanted no. Please get your facts straight before hand. I for one, do not let a union vote for me, or speak for me, I can do that for myself. The election is over, move on!
repubes for romney

Hemet, CA

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Why be a Gay republican?

Why would a gay person want to be Republican? Good question, because there is fair amount of intolerance, even disgust, among some Republicans at our lifestyle.

The issue is bigger than and our being personally offended. The spread of gay rights depends on the survival of freedom in the United States. And that freedom is threatened today by nuclear terrorism. The same holds true for all civil rights: racial equality, gender equality, etc. And it has become clear since September 11, 2001 that the Republican party, despite its many flaws, is the only party willing to defend America. It doesn't matter that several other countries have advanced further than us in gay rights, and gay marriage, etc. Without America, those countries would all be ruled by either Germany or Russia right now, and the human rights records that would have given us would have been abysmal.

There are, of course, many Democrats, some of them in congress, who enthusiastically defend our nation. But when Bush was president, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid seized every opportunity to blame America, blame the troops, comfort the terrorists, tie the hands of our intelligence agencies, and legislate defeat. They capitalized on the war for political advantage in ways that were unforgivable. Then when Obama was elected, they overlooked in him many of the same offenses they so derisively savaged Bush for.

Americans must come together. We must stop blaming ourselves. We must drill for our own oil, and stop ceding our freedoms to the government.

Liberals consider themselves intellectually and morally superior to other Americans. They seem to believe, for example, that only they remember the crimes of America's past: That we stole this continent from the Indians and built it with slave labor, that women were once prohibited from voting, and children once worked 12 to 18 hours a day. Corner any liberal in debate and they will likely respond with a firestorm of America's atrocities, real or imagined, the implication apparently being that we living Americans, who had no part in these cruelties, are still somehow implicated in them and thereby surrender our right

All nations of any consequence have as at least as many outrages to answer for as we do. The crimes of Germany, Russia, China Japan spring to mind. Even smaller countries like Cuba, Guatemala, Angola, Cambodia and South Africa have committed hideous atrocities. When they had the wherewithal, France, England, Portugal, Belgium and Holland colonized all of Africa, enslaved and sold its people, stole its natural resources, most notably its gold, diamonds, installed puppet regimes to murder anyone who stood in their way. The carved out artificial nations at their convenience, giving no respect or regard for countless ancient tribal boundaries. When the chaos they had created became unmanageable they simply abandoned the place. Today, while much of the third world begins to thrive and grow, Africa continues a basket case, much of which is ruled by thugs with AK-47's flying about in pickup trucks. The European powers who caused this are among our most sanctimonious critics today.

No other country has done so much good in the world as America. Without America, all of Europe would toil under German or Soviet domination. America goes to war, reluctantly, defeats its enemies, then rebuilds the country and returns to its owners! We did so after World War II under the The Marshall Plan, likewise in Japan under Macarthur. We are doing it again now in Iraq and, in a process whose outcome is much less certain, in Afghanistan.

Gay people and straights alike should recognize this, and realize that America's, despite her faults, is still the sole great repository of freedom - even though freedom here is not fully realized.

They also seem to believe that only they understand the suffering of the poor or minorities in America

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jacinto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetHEMET: Priest and school-volunteer sentenc... 5 hr mother of a truth... 1
Is San Jacinto Dangerous? (Jun '10) 18 hr DavidRich 28
HELP STOP UNJUST PERSECUTIONS of TAXPAYERS over... Sun Un agenda 21 and ... 21
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Sun Dudes crazy 147
Hold Government Accountable May 1 Law Enforcement 1
low life gardner (Aug '09) Apr 30 Total Trashbag Ga... 38
Review: Events By Eboney Apr 30 daddydee 2
More from around the web

San Jacinto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]