First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Batman

Nuevo, CA

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Panhandling In the city of Hemet is illegal and should be treated as such.
When you are approached by a panhandler asking for money you should never give them any. If you do then you are breaking the law, by contributing to the crime and you are encouraging the act to continue for the next victim. Panhandlers usually check their mark out before approaching them. They are well experienced in body language and know what to look for when selecting the right person to ask money from. I donít like panhandlers and when I am asked for money, I continue walking as if I donít hear nor see them. If they become insulting and follow me, I pull out my cell phone and call Hemet Police and report that a panhandler is harassing me. I make sure they hear me making the call. Thatís when they split. It has become so bad that I am asked for money every time I go to the store by some jerk thatís too lazy to look for a job, because they have found that panhandling is an easy way to get money. Many of them probably have more money than the person they are asking. When the panhandlers find a good spot, they start hanging out there and start their intimidation technique. The store owners lose business because potential customers refuse to walk past the panhandlers that hang out in front of the store.
I have called the Hemet Police many times to report panhandlers bugging people. And the police do arrive very quickly. Sometimes the panhandler hurryís off into the bushes before the police arrive. But they have a detailed description of them.
The Green Man

Nuevo, CA

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Batman wrote:
Panhandling In the city of Hemet is illegal and should be treated as such.
When you are approached by a panhandler asking for money you should never give them any. If you do then you are breaking the law, by contributing to the crime and you are encouraging the act to continue for the next victim. Panhandlers usually check their mark out before approaching them. They are well experienced in body language and know what to look for when selecting the right person to ask money from. I donít like panhandlers and when I am asked for money, I continue walking as if I donít hear nor see them. If they become insulting and follow me, I pull out my cell phone and call Hemet Police and report that a panhandler is harassing me. I make sure they hear me making the call. Thatís when they split. It has become so bad that I am asked for money every time I go to the store by some jerk thatís too lazy to look for a job, because they have found that panhandling is an easy way to get money. Many of them probably have more money than the person they are asking. When the panhandlers find a good spot, they start hanging out there and start their intimidation technique. The store owners lose business because potential customers refuse to walk past the panhandlers that hang out in front of the store.
I have called the Hemet Police many times to report panhandlers bugging people. And the police do arrive very quickly. Sometimes the panhandler hurryís off into the bushes before the police arrive. But they have a detailed description of them.
I agree BatMan. My name is The GreenMan, I live wherever there is a need for my help. Perhaps the two of us can become a team and help clean up Hemet. Our Mission Statement should be to stand against the evil doings of those who try to destroy the good of Man Kind!
And stand beside those who speak the truth against the spewing venom of societyís outcasts.
We will need other good citizens to join our team. Send me a signal so that I know you are the real BatMan.
catwomen

Hemet, CA

#3 Jan 12, 2011
I agree... its especially bad at wal-mart. I sometimes have to shop at night there and it is creepy to have to dodge all these panhandlers in the store. Now whenever I am shopping I am looking around me for people who don't have shopping carts or groceries in the store and avoid them because of being harrassed. Most of them look like druggies to me.
wtf

United States

#4 Jan 13, 2011
"my wife and I (maybe kids) are stuck here in town because our car broke/ran out of gas--we just need $2.00 more to get a motel room to stay the night until we can get our car towed to a shop/gas station tomorrow, when we get our welfare check"

YEAH, RIGHT!

I was born at night, but not LAST night!!!

HEY, Hemet tweekers, your game is over.

BORING!

Come up with some new material.....or a better sob story. Even the out-of-towners aren't buying your BS anymore.

I know you all are checking this on the "free" internet service at the Hemet Public Library, the biggest scam ever rammed down the throats of Hemet taxpayers.

Maybe you should contact Library Director Wayne Disher directly, as he earns A LOT for running a small-town library. Granted, it doesn't LOOK like a small-town library, but still....he must have a lot of "disposable income".

Why don't we combine "Valley Restart" and the "Library" into one big all-encompasing service for the dregs of all of SoCal?

Here's your dumping ground, and here's your "free" handouts!

Why not deliver the problem directly to the tax-payer funded library/playhouse?

That way, I wouldn't have to listen to some long, drawn out speech about how some Valley Restart loser needs $2.00 more to get a motel room for his "wife" and "kids" for the night, until.......

THEY STAY IN HEMET FOREVER, bringing Hemet further down the toilet!

Don't even get me started on illegals.........
BatMan

Nuevo, CA

#5 Jan 13, 2011
Last night, as I was walking in the parking lot of Target on Florida Avenue, I was approached by a young man asking for money so that he could get some gasoline. As I continued walking
Without acknowledging him he became verbally abusive and called me names as he followed me.
My mind was conjuring up ways to explain myself to the police if I punched the fucking panhandler in the throat or pull out my secret weapon. I had to have a better reason other than just being harassed.
And then out of the corner of my eye I saw a black and white slowly moving through the parking lot. Apparently my panhandling parasite didnít see the cop until I called out and waved my arms to draw the copís attention. Thatís when the panhandler bolted; it looked like he was flying over the parked cars. The cop saw me as I motioned to the guy who was running and the cop stepped on the gas and went after the guy who was already across the busy street and into Vonsís parking lot.
I donít know what the outcome was but as I entered Target, I had a grin on my face.
You should never underestimate the force of right and be prepared for a secret weapon that your victim may have.
The GreenMan

Moreno Valley, CA

#6 Jan 14, 2011
BatMan wrote:
Last night, as I was walking in the parking lot of Target on Florida Avenue, I was approached by a young man asking for money so that he could get some gasoline. As I continued walking
Without acknowledging him he became verbally abusive and called me names as he followed me.
My mind was conjuring up ways to explain myself to the police if I punched the fucking panhandler in the throat or pull out my secret weapon. I had to have a better reason other than just being harassed.
And then out of the corner of my eye I saw a black and white slowly moving through the parking lot. Apparently my panhandling parasite didnít see the cop until I called out and waved my arms to draw the copís attention. Thatís when the panhandler bolted; it looked like he was flying over the parked cars. The cop saw me as I motioned to the guy who was running and the cop stepped on the gas and went after the guy who was already across the busy street and into Vonsís parking lot.
I donít know what the outcome was but as I entered Target, I had a grin on my face.
You should never underestimate the force of right and be prepared for a secret weapon that your victim may have.
Thank you BatMan for sharing your unpleasent experience with us regarding one of those aggressive deadbeat panhandlers. It is too bad that I couldn't be there to assist you. You are correct in your plannng to apply a quick jab into the throat area, this will disable the crimimal to the point where they will be sucking for air while you can gain control of the situation until police arrive. In my many years of fighting for justice and the American way, I have seen giants fall to the ground flipping like a fish out of water as they suck for air after being struck in the throat. Although this move can be fatal, it should only be used when your life is in danger.
Let me say that we need more good citizens like you to help keep our city of Hemet safe.
Thank you!
Sparechange MAN

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2011
thank Zeus that finally all of us super heroes can freely discuss how to handle the culprit panhandlers of HEMET!!

I am going to call on FREEZE WOMAN and stake out walmarts. when we see a panhandler she will freeze them until the police show up.
The GreenMan

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Jan 15, 2011
Sparechange MAN wrote:
thank Zeus that finally all of us super heroes can freely discuss how to handle the culprit panhandlers of HEMET!!
I am going to call on FREEZE WOMAN and stake out walmarts. when we see a panhandler she will freeze them until the police show up.
Welcome aboard ďSpareChangeManĒ The good citizens of Hemet need you. I have worked with "Freeze Woman" in the past and she is a very good choice when it comes to fighting crime and justice for the American way. You are welcome to come to the meeting on the 30th of February regarding security contracts with the
future subway tunnel from downtown Los Angeles and ending on Harvard street in Hemet. We will meet at the entrance of the Northern cave,contact me for the directions for it is privilaged info with a need-to-know.
We will tour the many caverns that are under the city of Hemet. We will have to confront the underground people who are living there. The underground tunnels beneath our great city of Hemet have been kept secret for many years but now with the Subway being built we will have to evacuate these moles that only come out in the darkness of night
to pillage and do disgusting things in our city while the good citizens are sound asleep.
Thank you again for your devotion in helping make our city a cleaner and safer place to live.
I will be waiting for your signal in the South East sky tonight.
TGM
PS...Wait! I just received a signal from "Freedom Man" he will be joining us too.
The Green Man

Moreno Valley, CA

#12 Jan 15, 2011
FAA wrote:
are you guys in need of an arch nemesis? I'm free on Fridays.
Thank you ďLady NemesisĒ. It would be a pleasure and an honor to fight crime along side of a Greek Goddess that believes in vengeance against the evil of our society. Together we will force the filthy undesirables that prey on our good citizens, cast them out of the darkness and plunge them into the depths of their own Hell. As a unit we can help authorities create a safe environment so that our good citizens can enjoy patronizing the local establishments. This will help the economy and a healthier atmosphere for us all.
Give us a signal to show that you are ready to fight for Freedom and justice in the American Way...
Unfortunately, your request to join our Unit, must be brought before our Supreme Council Committee and the Secret location of our Grand Court cannot be revealed at this time. However, I will bring forth your Urgent request before the Court in the next meeting. I will keep you posted. In the mean time, keep up the good work of rejecting Panhandlers.
TGM
Igotyou

Moreno Valley, CA

#13 Jan 17, 2011
BatMan wrote:
You are frecken funny. I make my living off of stupid freaken fools who feel so sorry that they want to give me money to help out. I got a hundred sad storys and I use them all. Before I come up to you, I watch you to see if your easy mark and then I ask you for the money. I do damm good on suckers who fork over their money.
I have a 800 dollar drug habit per day and I get it somehow. I can scam people out of their money all day, cause it is so easy.
I get disability checks and street money so Im doing real good. I ain't lying man, my old lady gets a check for her three kids and food stamps. we sell the lousy ass food stamps for about 60 cents on the dollar. cause it don't matter cause we have cash coming in. I have a nice RV and travel to different places to get street money. I live better than a lot of those suckers who give me the money. I ain't leaving this freaken little town. Old people are fools anyway. I can scam anybody anytime.
you and your Batman crap ain't cutten it. cause if I don't get your money somebody else will.
igotuMORE

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2011
i got u more freaktard.
i have a 3,000/dollar day drug habit.

once in front of hometown i panhandled 8 thousand dollars in a half hour. man it was fun panhandling SUPERFREEZEPWMAN SUPERLOSER. I PUT MY SPECIAL sauce on her with my senior discount card and froze her a**. she forked over 4 grand.

only ignorant stupid panhandlers make 800.00/day. sounds like compton wanna be b.s.
Bombarded

Sun City, CA

#15 Jan 17, 2011
I HATE trying to shop in this town! I am constantly bombarded by beggars and then we have corporate big shots like Stater Bros letting them post outside BOTH entrances! I have complained to the manager of the store and they try to say they have nothing to do with them being there, what BS! I know that to do ANYTHING outside of their stores that it needs to be cleared by the Corporate Office. So now I just won't shop there anymore EVER! No matter where you go nowadays you are constantly invaded by beggars (and that is what they are....panhandlers is too nice) or salespeople. I work hard to pay by bills and have to unplug my home phone because of the constant barrage of sales people calling MY HOME! So sick of all of it! GET A JOB BEGGARS! I work hard and am thankful for what I have, everything I have I WORK for!
anonymous grey

Saskatoon, Canada

#16 Jan 17, 2011
The victims here are not just the people who are spending money and the businesses that receive money. Instead of ignoring panhandlers, why dont' we all just volunteer for organizations who know how to help the poor/homeless? Wouldn't it be neat to have a free taxi service that goes around picking up pandhandlers to transport them where they can get what they need, and to receive love rather than a cold shoulder? Show that capitalism isn't the only thing that rules your life, but love, compassion, and grace, by volunteering. I'm not disputing that pandhandlers haven't wronged your privacy in some way, I'm sure they have... but it is only our acts of kindness that will improve this world. Ignoring panhandling isn't the answer. Currently, our city is also having an issue with the panhandling, and our mayor sides with who he calls the "victim". He is not referring to the panhandler. I find this position to be both unhelpful and insulting. Like all of you, I am disgusted by pandhandling. I am not, however, disgusted by the panhandlers themselves. They are beautiful human beings. I am only disgusted by the situation that they are in. It is only a sign that we are all failing each other in helping reduce poverty. Like you, I am never going to contribute to it. Instead, I am going to help eradicate it -- make poverty history. STOP panhandlers? No... STOP poverty. I hope you understand my position, and soon take up after me. Thank you and goodbye.
another one

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Jan 17, 2011
anonymous grey wrote:
The victims here are not just the people who are spending money and the businesses that receive money. Instead of ignoring panhandlers, why dont' we all just volunteer for organizations who know how to help the poor/homeless? Wouldn't it be neat to have a free taxi service that goes around picking up pandhandlers to transport them where they can get what they need, and to receive love rather than a cold shoulder? Show that capitalism isn't the only thing that rules your life, but love, compassion, and grace, by volunteering. I'm not disputing that pandhandlers haven't wronged your privacy in some way, I'm sure they have... but it is only our acts of kindness that will improve this world. Ignoring panhandling isn't the answer. Currently, our city is also having an issue with the panhandling, and our mayor sides with who he calls the "victim". He is not referring to the panhandler. I find this position to be both unhelpful and insulting. Like all of you, I am disgusted by pandhandling. I am not, however, disgusted by the panhandlers themselves. They are beautiful human beings. I am only disgusted by the situation that they are in. It is only a sign that we are all failing each other in helping reduce poverty. Like you, I am never going to contribute to it. Instead, I am going to help eradicate it -- make poverty history. STOP panhandlers? No... STOP poverty. I hope you understand my position, and soon take up after me. Thank you and goodbye.
What planet did you say you were from? Every time you are asked for money from a panhandler, you should give them one of your speeches and a $20.00 bill. Then pay for their cab ride wherever they want to go and you go with them. Any good citizen who wants to work but can't find ajob, and they are hungry, they would ask if they could do something for the money enstead of just having their hand out. These people are lazy and have found out that it's easy to beg for money than to actually work. They don't want to work, they want a free ride...in a cab that you pay for.
anonymous grey

Saskatoon, Canada

#18 Jan 17, 2011
You merely focused on one part of my comment and I wish we could have a more productive conversation. I was merely thinking out loud with the taxi cab thing, and was in no way implying that this idea would simply solve the problem of panhandling. Structural oppression is something we all don't seem to comprehend, until we're on the streets begging for money. I'm not saying what these people do are right, but if we think that we should operate solely by our ability to see that they don't deserve our help, our world is just going to get more corrupt. I don't understand how you can make an argument against "All humans are beautiful" and "STOP poverty". We're all lazy, OK? We might have dignity sitting in front of a television, but they have none sitting on the street, so tell me how that's fair. You say "They don't want to work" -- so, who does? I commend the homeless to be able to survive against a monetary system, because capitalism isn't where it's all at, despite our indoctrination. You don't have to hold the peace sign and throw your money to the poor to support them. I'm no hippie in any way, nor am I a hopeless idealist. Whether or not panhandlers are lazy, have chosen to let their lives fall apart, or whatever isn't really the problem, and focusing on it is just sweeping the broken vase under the carpet. It doesn't matter. Panhandlers and the homeless are just signs of our failing societies. I don't know about you, but I'd like to live in a city where all people have jobs and who live in a home... doubtful that will happen in a long time (or ever), but it's certainly worth it to try. All I know is that it doesn't start with pointing fingers. Now, I leave you with this: Now you listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.
ship to Canada

United States

#19 Jan 18, 2011
ship our homeless to CANADA. maybe the baby boomer Vietnam draft dodgers would be glad to support them. AYE!
Fair Trade

Palmdale, CA

#20 Jan 18, 2011
My favorites are the well-dressed AA women with the particularly elaborate stories: "My car's battery died and it's double-parked in a red zone, I just need $20 so I can take a cab back to my office and my assistant can help me get my extra set of car keys, yap yap yap."

It's been awhile since one of these ladies approached me but next time I'm going to offer her the $20, but she has to give me her watch, her jewelry, her driver's license, and a written IOU til she pays me back.
Fair Trade

Palmdale, CA

#21 Jan 18, 2011
When I was 16 or 17 a middle-aged white man talked me out of $20 and a story that he was a doctor and he needed to take the train from NY to DC. He promised to mail the money back to me, even wrote my address down on a scrap of paper. Of course I never saw my money again. He's soured me on all future panhandlers.

I sometimes give money to the guys who are basically honest and just want some change for a 40 ouncer. It's the people who make up the tall tales that frost me.
Fair Trade

Escalon, CA

#22 Jan 18, 2011
Final note for an excellent thread: I take the subway to work every day in LA. A guy will stand in the front of the car and tell you a sad story -- he just moved here from Texas, he's supposed to start a new job tomorrow but he got robbed of everything and he needs some money to buy clothes and food.(He repeats his plea in Spanish.) Only problem, I've been taking the train for four years now and the same guy is on there every week, saying he "just got robbed." He needs to come up with a new story!
Watcher

Hemet, CA

#23 Jan 22, 2011
igotuMORE wrote:
i got u more freaktard.
i have a 3,000/dollar day drug habit.
once in front of hometown i panhandled 8 thousand dollars in a half hour. man it was fun panhandling SUPERFREEZEPWMAN SUPERLOSER. I PUT MY SPECIAL sauce on her with my senior discount card and froze her a**. she forked over 4 grand.
only ignorant stupid panhandlers make 800.00/day. sounds like compton wanna be b.s.
You sound proud of your pretense drug habit. You sound stupid and imature. While your comment is B.S. You need to know that you don't make sense. Yeah, I'm sure people who eat at Hometown has money to give to you.
If you had a $3,000.00 a day drug habit. you'd either be dead or in jail because you ain't panhandling no $8,000.00 in a half hour.
You do sound like a loser though. By the way Compton is becoming a better place to be. Go there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jacinto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HEMET: Information, not cash, for panhandlers (Feb '12) Fri Chris 18
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) Thu Flora 69
Lou Pittam's Store (Apr '10) Apr 21 Iremember 6
HemetHEMET: Water future murky Apr 21 Badskpr 1
Netflix Apr 20 Cassierae 1
Hemet Police blotter (Feb '08) Apr 20 Djj12 26
News Hemet man arrested; newborns in hospital (Jul '07) Apr 18 tee 23
More from around the web

San Jacinto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE