California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,385 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

PappaJerk

Covina, CA

#13020 Nov 14, 2012
Pappa Johns Pizza, Jerk owner who threateded to reduce his employees working hours because President Obama won his second term in office has another SELF made problem to deal with.

As before the Pappa John empolyees call the boss a JERK.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#13021 Nov 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I have an idea, Republicans should agree to raise taxes but only on registered Democrats since you voted for it. You get to pay for it.
That is a slippery slope, what if we raise taxes only on lower income registered republicans that vote for tax breaks for people that make over $500,000 a year, to make up for the loss?
One Way

Santa Cruz, CA

#13022 Nov 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
"Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him" (Proverbs 26: 12). I think that sums up Anderson pretty well.
Every good thing seems wasted on you- pot, the Bible, engagement, tolerance, humor- freedom.
If you offer nothing in the way of success- you
leave the world no choice but to deal with you according failures. You couldn't find this lesson is scripture?
(put that in your pipe and smoke it.)
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#13023 Nov 14, 2012
PappaJerk wrote:
Pappa Johns Pizza, Jerk owner who threateded to reduce his employees working hours because President Obama won his second term in office has another SELF made problem to deal with.
As before the Pappa John empolyees call the boss a JERK.
Amazing how stupid you idiots look who have never owned, operated or managed any business when you spew your stupidity about something you obviously have no clue about!!!
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13024 Nov 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I hope the 2 states will be able to go through with making it legal, it will be a good chance to see how it works. I too think it should be legal. I'm just saying, like drinking booze, it has it's risks. It won't save the world.
no one asked for marijuana to save the world, although willie nelson, sais i saved HIS life.

all anyone is asking for, is for pot to be reschedualed and decriminalized..

legalization is up to the particular state....

but decriminalization shpould happen at the federal level...

although im not holding my" bong hit" in, waiting for it to happen.

I kinda already have a feeling about what is going to happen.

people are going to try to enjoy themsleves......and this will start a huge war with the social conservatives....yet there will be nothing they can do.

and it will obviously bring down the feds.

for comleatly different reasons.

the feds want to eradicate it, not because it is immoral somehow to smoke gifts from god?

but because it represents a threat to the bottome line of other sectors of the economy....

ps: I stopped doing bongsloads back in 99'
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13025 Nov 14, 2012
One Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Every good thing seems wasted on you- pot, the Bible, engagement, tolerance, humor- freedom.
If you offer nothing in the way of success- you
leave the world no choice but to deal with you according failures. You couldn't find this lesson is scripture?
(put that in your pipe and smoke it.)
alhough riccardo called me conceited??

he also called me "wise"

I feel gooey all over!!

LOL;)
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#13026 Nov 14, 2012
One Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Every good thing seems wasted on you- pot, the Bible, engagement, tolerance, humor- freedom.
If you offer nothing in the way of success- you
leave the world no choice but to deal with you according failures. You couldn't find this lesson is scripture?
(put that in your pipe and smoke it.)
Even if you don't believe in God or the Bible, Proverbs has some good life lessons. I'm in no way pushing religion on anyone. Sorry if you see it that way.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13027 Nov 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I have an idea, Republicans should agree to raise taxes but only on registered Democrats since you voted for it. You get to pay for it.
you make it oud like a majority of the people who voted for romney make MORE than 250000 a year....

when they DONT!!

they will appreciate the extention of he tax cuts!!

as will I

the ony people wo will ge back to the 90'sare those making OVER a quarter million a year....

what is the effective rate hike fo soeonemking 250000 a year?

3% or $7500 extra !!

wow WHAT A huge extra gouge in a quarter mil.

your insistance that the rich be let off along with the middle class is infantile.

the middle class actaully spends their tax break.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#13028 Nov 14, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel gooey all over!!
LOL;)
that is the pot talking :)
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13029 Nov 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>lol....don't paint the great obama as being in the middle...lol....that is funny.....The only middle is his constant use of loving and protecting the middle class, if he says it enough you fools will believe it.
he is not in the middle huh??

I hope you dont think mitt was?

his campaign was RUN on a promise to extend the bush tax cuts for the middle class.....and he's reiterated that pledge about a half dozens times in the last week, since he cleaned the floor with romneys face.

ive never seen a winning cadidate for president act so egalitaran and "work like" aftr a stunnin "middle" class victory....

dont blame Obama for being such a centrist.....he is only taking over political turf that YOUR OWN party surrendered, like O romney care, which was first proposed as an alternative to "hillary" care by chuck grassley and orrin hatch(both rethugs)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#13030 Nov 14, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
you make it oud like a majority of the people who voted for romney make MORE than 250000 a year....
when they DONT!!
they will appreciate the extention of he tax cuts!!
as will I
the ony people wo will ge back to the 90'sare those making OVER a quarter million a year....
what is the effective rate hike fo soeonemking 250000 a year?
3% or $7500 extra !!
wow WHAT A huge extra gouge in a quarter mil.
your insistance that the rich be let off along with the middle class is infantile.
the middle class actaully spends their tax break.
You are right, the lower income folks donít vote for republicans because of the upper income tax breaks.

They vote for them because of fear

Fear of immigrants
Fear of other religions ( or the unreligious )
Fear of other races
Fear of equality of either sex and orientations

How does the GOP reach out to those folks that so much of their base is afraid of, without losing their base?

I am not sure they can
One Way

Santa Cruz, CA

#13031 Nov 14, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Even if you don't believe in God or the Bible, Proverbs has some good life lessons. I'm in no way pushing religion on anyone. Sorry if you see it that way.
Kid, if you are spiritual to the degree that religion is irrelevant, you will have nothing for which to apologize.
God never made his work to mend.
Does this clarify where our problems come from?
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13032 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
that is the pot talking :)
it could be the french roast..

slicardo has called me many nasty things, but never "wise"

I guees to be that humble?? he had to quote the bible, instead of just coming out an saying.

"I like how you think!!"

they need a comment icon for that!!

p: riccardo sort of favors legalization, so he is NOT that bad after all.

not compared to some of the teatards who post here, like, pulaski Tn.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13033 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, the lower income folks donít vote for republicans because of the upper income tax breaks.
They vote for them because of fear
Fear of immigrants
Fear of other religions ( or the unreligious )
Fear of other races
Fear of equality of either sex and orientations
How does the GOP reach out to those folks that so much of their base is afraid of, without losing their base?
I am not sure they can
that is the great political battle huh??

getting all your ducks in row in a specific party platform..

both parties have "big tents"

I guess the dems just have better control of their fringy hordes..

they dont even HAVE to scare us themseves, to get us to vote FOR them, and AGainst the far right..

........the rethugs can accomplish that themselves with their rhetoric..

..because that is where the rethugs have drifted off to..

..... to the far right....leaving the dems(lead by the great Obama), to coopt some of that political turf.......most notably with regard to Obama's signature achievement..the ACA.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#13034 Nov 14, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
it could be the french roast..
slicardo has called me many nasty things, but never "wise"
I guees to be that humble?? he had to quote the bible, instead of just coming out an saying.
"I like how you think!!"
they need a comment icon for that!!
p: riccardo sort of favors legalization, so he is NOT that bad after all.
not compared to some of the teatards who post here, like, pulaski Tn.
I try to think the best of everyone, at least at first.

Riccardo is not all bad, he and I have agreed on a couple of things anyway.

I wish they could do that in congress, find common ground and get at least something done. But it is all posture for the party and nothing gets done.

for me, it is country first, American people first, party is way down the list
Neo

Santa Cruz, CA

#13035 Nov 14, 2012
They call you strange and say it's the drugs talking.
And if books were a crime it would be pretty obvious who was reading.
Don't you think if there was an effort to make a commodity of people's ignorance that it would require gaining knowledge be regarded as some kind of crime?
Take the red pill. Is this conceit or wisdom?
Ask me in the matrix.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13036 Nov 14, 2012
Neo wrote:
They call you strange and say it's the drugs talking.
And if books were a crime it would be pretty obvious who was reading.
Don't you think if there was an effort to make a commodity of people's ignorance that it would require gaining knowledge be regarded as some kind of crime?
Take the red pill. Is this conceit or wisdom?
Ask me in the matrix.
I kinda see that as the one of the dominatnt modern politcal

paradigms...

both parties sell fear to convince their more fringe voters to show up at the polls and vote "against" neo conservatism or progressivism....

the rethugs hate the idea of sharing a few percent more.....

or civil liberties for all...

and the libs hate the idea of religion or greed setting the tone for the poltical debate.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#13037 Nov 14, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
that is the great political battle huh??
getting all your ducks in row in a specific party platform..
both parties have "big tents"
I guess the dems just have better control of their fringy hordes..
they dont even HAVE to scare us themseves, to get us to vote FOR them, and AGainst the far right..
........the rethugs can accomplish that themselves with their rhetoric..
..because that is where the rethugs have drifted off to..
..... to the far right....leaving the dems(lead by the great Obama), to coopt some of that political turf.......most notably with regard to Obama's signature achievement..the ACA.
ďThe fringy hordesĒ, I like that &#61514;

and you are right, the fringy hordes in charge of nominations on the GOP side, not so with the Democrat side.

The problem is the "big tent" on the GOP side has been shrunk by the fringy hordes, and they are insistent ( I know quite a few of them ) their solution is to hunt down RINO's and drive them out of the party.... if they succeed in driving anyone else out of the party, they wonít have a shot in hell in the next election.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13038 Nov 14, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to think the best of everyone, at least at first.
Riccardo is not all bad, he and I have agreed on a couple of things anyway.
I wish they could do that in congress, find common ground and get at least something done. But it is all posture for the party and nothing gets done.
for me, it is country first, American people first, party is way down the list
it is clearly the orthodoxy of the tea party that holding up the political process....

the senate rethugs can obstrcut as well.....but the congress is loony central....

they were sworn in two years ago, and got right to work on the pressing cause of our collapsed economy, abortion(sarc) and the retracting of womens health after 4 decades.....

talk about backwards??
300 Million Agree

Santa Cruz, CA

#13039 Nov 14, 2012
We should highjack policy and govern ourselves,
like in a Democracy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jacinto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
more section 8 housing coming soon 2 hr proud sec 8 owners 15
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 12 hr Chris 6
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 12 hr Chris 57
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home 14 hr Sam 1
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 14 hr Stupid asses 99
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 18 hr SMAR 44
less blks in hmt since ebola Wed Kuntakinta 3

San Jacinto News Video

San Jacinto Dating
Find my Match

San Jacinto Jobs

San Jacinto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Jacinto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Jacinto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]