Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177201 Jan 25, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible mentions greed and glutony over 20 times each as being bad and a sin ,same sex is only mentioned 5 times and 4 of those in old testament which christians say they dont have to follow...SURE SEE ALOT OF FAT SLOB RICH PEOPLE LEAVING CHURCH ON SUNDAY....
Yes

It reminds me of something Ghandi once said

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#177202 Jan 25, 2013
Black momma wrote:
People are always are so bent on sexual
preference I hate everyone has to chose
if you fall in love you just fall in love. Sex
is just a animal instinct that happens only
between two people.
Not always just two...

Santa Monica, CA

#177203 Jan 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If all you want is a contract, any lawyer can draw one up.
Marriage can never be dumbed down to a law silly blonde ho.
Ho, Ho, Ho.

No, stupid, drawing up a contract won't automatically give you all the benefits of marriage.
FrooDoos

Monrovia, CA

#177204 Jan 25, 2013
Maymore froodoos to you too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#177205 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, drawing up a contract won't automatically give you all the benefits of marriage.
True, but a bigger point is, where is the religious freedom of the thousands of churches that do want to preform same sex marriages, why are their religious freedoms being denied?

Santa Monica, CA

#177207 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Most sex women have they call rape, so it doesn't count as sex. Wrong stats!
Have you considered joining the Republican party? You comment about rape is just about stupid enough.

Santa Monica, CA

#177208 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Marriage isn't legal. Marriage is a formal and real bonding of a man and women, and announcing they are one with each other and for each other. Rose knows nothing.
Anybody can announce anything, that's not the issue. Notice the title of the forum. "Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage" The first word should clue even a knuckle dragger like you into the fact this is a legal issue.

Santa Monica, CA

#177209 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays = paedophiles.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

Santa Monica, CA

#177210 Jan 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is just baiting you, the issue he keep harping on doesn’t have anything to do with the case in the supreme court
it is standard opponents bait and switch tactic
he is obviously trying to get you to make a statement so that others can pounce on it.
that is the only reason he is bringing it up
if you have one opinion he will pounce one way, if you have another then it is fodder for his friends who are opponents of same sex marriage.
I think people bring up the red herring of polygamy because they don't have a good argument against gay marriage. And they are hoping they can then attack the poster (not their arguments)as being bigoted, or hypocritical, or whatever.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#177211 Jan 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho,
You are confusing a fruit tree that does not produce fruit, with a nut tree that does not produce nuts but wants to be a fruit tree.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
KiMare,

Everyone should be aware that you frequent all of the gay discussion sites on TOPIX as a means to live out your need to be in contact with other gay people.

This is your "virtual gay bar".

You are a closeted, self-loathing bi/homosexual who, interestingly, seems to know more about gay sex and the gay lifestyle than any straight person or most gay people, for that matter.

That you come to these sites is pathological. It is a high-pitched, girlish squeal for help.

We all know your family/friends do not know that you frequent these sites.

I'm sure they would be totally humiliated by the graphic and idiotic things you say.

You just need to get your ticket punched and I'm sure you'd get the relief you need, so that you wouldn't troll around here or any of the other TOPIX rooms you go to on a daily basis.

Santa Monica, CA

#177212 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
I hate the Sam Dimas, CA idiot, I wish him dead. Oh mean it good!
Um, stupid, that's SAN, not SAM Dimas. A city in SoCal, not a person.
http://www.cityofsandimas.com/

Take your meds.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177213 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think people bring up the red herring of polygamy because they don't have a good argument against gay marriage. And they are hoping they can then attack the poster (not their arguments)as being bigoted, or hypocritical, or whatever.
Well, what do you call someone who supports same sex marriage but not polygamy? I call them hypocrites. What do you call them?
Old Times

Monrovia, CA

#177214 Jan 25, 2013
A famous Havana watering hole who's clients included Ernest Hemmingway and Frank Sinatra.

1918 Sloppy Joe’s is getting ready to reopen with air conditioning after having been closed since 1965.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177216 Jan 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Maybe they scream because you are deaf.

What about the children?

You never answer. You just say anyone who asks is a moron. What kind of dopey "Law" is that?

If asked "what about the children" in a poly family they would tell you they are thriving. I suspect they are in a same sex marriage too.

So Rose_NoHo. Once and for all, What about the children? The answer is not "only morons ask".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#177217 Jan 25, 2013
Old Times wrote:
A famous Havana watering hole who's clients included Ernest Hemmingway and Frank Sinatra.
1918 Sloppy Joe’s is getting ready to reopen with air conditioning after having been closed since 1965.
Love to have a few there where Hemingway partied! It's on my bucket list.

Thanks out-of-towner!

P.S. Your town sucks.
Fargos

Monrovia, CA

#177218 Jan 25, 2013
FLEMINGTON, N.J.(CBSNewYork)— A New Jersey woman is lucky to be alive after catching a mysterious illness from a tick bite.

Anna Felix, 81, of Kingwood Township, said she feared her lymphoma had returned or she might have dementia when she started getting weak and confused and lost 30 pounds.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177219 Jan 25, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Color me very lucky. Last week, Tuesday afternoon to be specific, I hit some bumps coming into a turn in the rain. I was only going 35 (40mph zone) and the turn was not sharp at all. Back end stepped out, steering into the skid did nothing. Off roaded it sideways. Never good in a heavy 4WD pick up. Rolled it three times & had to be cut out. EMTs were amazed I was relatively unscathed. Backboarded anyway after they removed me with the giant can opener. The man in the car behind me said he didn't think a crew cab pickup could get that far off the ground... upside down. Total write off, not a straight bit of metal left apart from the bumpers. Amazingly enough the big plastic grill survived (2008 model if you're curious). The wheels adn tires survived it too! All I got was a separated shoulder, a few minor cuts, and a bruised rib (minor at that). the truck ended up on the wheels in the driveway of the yard I tore up. It looked as if I'd simply pulled in (except the cab was caved in). I stopped less than 10 feet from a telephone poll and a line of trees on the other side of the driveway.
Lucky bloody you. Glad to hear that you made out all right. I rolled a semi over when I had first started driving them, my 4th month, and i did it missing a mother and 2 newborns that she placed directly in front of my truck. Wasn't going to bed for the rest of my life seeing that in my mind, so I did the only possible thing. My first truck. I crawled out of it unscathed, as you did, only had to kick out the windshield, still ended up on the backboard before I realized that they done that to me, I asked if I had a choice in the matter, LOL, they said "yes, you have a choice", I was out of that thing within 10 seconds, LOL. First time I had ever rolled anything. Never forget that. Glad you are OK.
:-D
Try not to do that again...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177220 Jan 25, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>It's all a huge conspiracy! Topix is out to get you.
I don't believe you, it is completely fair, after all. rose gets to call people "b!tch" and things like that, and never gets banned, so how could it be a conspiracy ?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#177221 Jan 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just the standard bait and switch tactics used by people opposed to something like same sex marriage.
it is meaningless
Of course it is meaningless, you are the only ones entitled to have opinions..
Good News

Monrovia, CA

#177222 Jan 25, 2013
Saeed al-Shihri, a Saudi national who fought in Afghanistan and spent six years at Guantanamo Bay, was initially wounded in a missile attack in the southern city of Saada on Oct. 28, 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jacinto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marijuana advocate ousted from church 3 hr Slambo 2
Apology for student who didn't stand during pledge 3 hr Slambo 1
High speed chase on Nicolet St 20 hr KCorbett 2
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 22 hr lupita garcia 11
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) Fri Chris 59
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home Fri Chris 3
more section 8 housing coming soon Fri Chris 16

San Jacinto News Video

San Jacinto Dating
Find my Match