Are black people afraid of if crosswalks?

Posted in the San Jacinto Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
john

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

I'm not racist, but I am addressing black people because that is all that I witness...black people running across Florida with total disregard to traffic. Last night I TWICE almost hit someone and both times they were black folk with a KID in tow! Seriously, what can be so damn important that you cannot wait at the crosswalk like a civilized person and after run across a busy street like a crackhead on fire?

Oh, and by the way, dont think that if you get hit you are going to sue me. Running across the street like that you dont have a case. I can sue YOU, but I would probably only win a half drunk 40, some packets of KFC butter, and some expired food stamps.
In the Dark

Hollister, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

john wrote:
I'm not racist, but I am addressing black people because that is all that I witness...black people running across Florida with total disregard to traffic. Last night I TWICE almost hit someone and both times they were black folk with a KID in tow! Seriously, what can be so damn important that you cannot wait at the crosswalk like a civilized person and after run across a busy street like a crackhead on fire?
Since "I'm not racist" are the first words of your comment, let's explore that topic.

The claim that you're not racist might be better supported if it were followed by a complaint, one lacking immediate reference to race, about people you witnessed disregarding the rules of the road/street and showing little concern for their own safety (or their kids). It might also have helped if the statement had not been directed toward black people in general, since black people in general do not necessarily have any relationship to the place, the issue, or the careless people themselves, much less bear any responsibility for the jaywalkers' actions.

If you are primarily concerned about safety (theirs and yours) and about respect (for rules, for liability, for people), race would not be the first topic of the statement; safety and respect would be. On top of that, the differentiation between black people, including the black people to whom the statement is addressed, and "civilized" people who "wait at the crosswalk" gives the statement a further unfair suggestion that black people in general are uncivilized. However, it would not be racist to observe that these particular careless people—who could be described as uncivilized—happen to be black and to consider the realistic factors that would explain why all of the jaywalkers happen to be black.

I say this in all respect and don't mean to accuse you of racism. Believe me, I've long noticed a similar pattern of jaywalkers who seem unconcerned with safety or rules and who happen to be black. But we should all reflect constructively on whether we hold attitudes that are fair and respectful, or otherwise, toward other people.
james

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 26, 2012
 
In the Dark wrote:
<quoted text>Since "I'm not racist" are the first words of your comment, let's explore that topic.

The claim that you're not racist might be better supported if it were followed by a complaint, one lacking immediate reference to race, about people you witnessed disregarding the rules of the road/street and showing little concern for their own safety (or their kids). It might also have helped if the statement had not been directed toward black people in general, since black people in general do not necessarily have any relationship to the place, the issue, or the careless people themselves, much less bear any responsibility for the jaywalkers' actions.

If you are primarily concerned about safety (theirs and yours) and about respect (for rules, for liability, for people), race would not be the first topic of the statement; safety and respect would be. On top of that, the differentiation between black people, including the black people to whom the statement is addressed, and "civilized" people who "wait at the crosswalk" gives the statement a further unfair suggestion that black people in general are uncivilized. However, it would not be racist to observe that these particular careless people—who could be described as uncivilized—happen to be black and to consider the realistic factors that would explain why all of the jaywalkers happen to be black.

I say this in all respect and don't mean to accuse you of racism. Believe me, I've long noticed a similar pattern of jaywalkers who seem unconcerned with safety or rules and who happen to be black. But we should all reflect constructively on whether we hold attitudes that are fair and respectful, or otherwise, toward other people.
Tl:dr
In the Dark

Hollister, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 26, 2012
 
james wrote:
<quoted text>
Tl:dr
OK, then, to summarize: the statement was rather racist.

It put responsibility for the behavior on all black people. It implied black people are uncivilized. It didn't consider reasons for the behavior other than race.

Saying "I'm not racist" doesn't do the trick. Talking fairness and respect does.
inside info

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

john wrote:
I'm not racist, but I am addressing black people because that is all that I witness...black people running across Florida with total disregard to traffic. Last night I TWICE almost hit someone and both times they were black folk with a KID in tow! Seriously, what can be so damn important that you cannot wait at the crosswalk like a civilized person and after run across a busy street like a crackhead on fire?
Oh, and by the way, dont think that if you get hit you are going to sue me. Running across the street like that you dont have a case. I can sue YOU, but I would probably only win a half drunk 40, some packets of KFC butter, and some expired food stamps.
Well I feel this subject has nothing to do with race. I will complain about the number of people that jaywalk, or ride bikes after dark with no lights or reflectors and wearing only dark clothing. I have seen what appears to be families walking at night in the road with no flashlights and the little kids wearing dark clothes.
Is no one concerned with Safety in this town? And what happened to the helmet law for kids riding bikes? Don't parents care about their kids?
We have a lot of stupid people in this town.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 27, 2012
 
What is an "if crosswalk"?
jp

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

A Thought wrote:
What is an "if crosswalk"?
It's that thing between your mommas legs
mitch

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i would say that the asine remarks quoted about only winning a half drunk 40, some packets of KFC butter, and some expired food stamps, is Blatent Racist to the fullest degree. This is Total ignorance and putting all Blacks in those associated catagories. Not good at all....
Duncan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 15, 2013
 
"BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...., the fact is the vast majority of folks who ignore crosswalks and put their own and other people's lives and even mental well being at risk are indeed black..., no ifs ands or buts.

Just admit it, take responsibility and stop playing word games. You're not very good at them.
In the Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
Since "I'm not racist" are the first words of your comment, let's explore that topic.
The claim that you're not racist might be better supported if it were followed by a complaint, one lacking immediate reference to race, about people you witnessed disregarding the rules of the road/street and showing little concern for their own safety (or their kids). It might also have helped if the statement had not been directed toward black people in general, since black people in general do not necessarily have any relationship to the place, the issue, or the careless people themselves, much less bear any responsibility for the jaywalkers' actions.
If you are primarily concerned about safety (theirs and yours) and about respect (for rules, for liability, for people), race would not be the first topic of the statement; safety and respect would be. On top of that, the differentiation between black people, including the black people to whom the statement is addressed, and "civilized" people who "wait at the crosswalk" gives the statement a further unfair suggestion that black people in general are uncivilized. However, it would not be racist to observe that these particular careless people—who could be described as uncivilized—happen to be black and to consider the realistic factors that would explain why all of the jaywalkers happen to be black.
I say this in all respect and don't mean to accuse you of racism. Believe me, I've long noticed a similar pattern of jaywalkers who seem unconcerned with safety or rules and who happen to be black. But we should all reflect constructively on whether we hold attitudes that are fair and respectful, or otherwise, toward other people.
Duncan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...., the fact is the vast majority of folks who ignore crosswalks and put their own and other people's lives and even mental well being at risk are indeed black..., no ifs ands or buts.

Just admit it, take responsibility and stop playing word games. You're not very good at them.

In the Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
Since "I'm not racist" are the first words of your comment, let's explore that topic.
The claim that you're not racist might be better supported if it were followed by a complaint, one lacking immediate reference to race, about people you witnessed disregarding the rules of the road/street and showing little concern for their own safety (or their kids). It might also have helped if the statement had not been directed toward black people in general, since black people in general do not necessarily have any relationship to the place, the issue, or the careless people themselves, much less bear any responsibility for the jaywalkers' actions.
Will

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lazy niccas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent San Jacinto Discussions

Search the San Jacinto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Bruno24 15,672
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Blubbering 7,304
Section 8 people 9 hr The_Squall 8
Front Yard Junk 9 hr Right 9
Why is hemet racist ?!? 9 hr Right 11
Single men in Hemet Sat TRUTH IN COLO 11
Temecula: Three men arrested in connection with... Sat baby boomer 5
•••

Fire Weather Watch for Riverside County was issued at April 21 at 2:06AM PDT

•••
•••

San Jacinto News Video

•••
•••

San Jacinto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

San Jacinto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••