Another Concerned Citizen

Hemet, CA

#1 Oct 28, 2012
Does anyone have suggestions or experience with getting the city of Hemet to install a stop sign in or around their neighborhood? My daughter and her family live on Steiner and, according to my daughter and based on what I've witnessed, people use that street as their own little 1/4 mile track! Most cars travel at speeds well above the posted 25mph. My daughter and her husband have contacted the police many times and when they've come out they've cited many drivers for excessive speed. This does not sway the city traffic engineer's educated guess (based on their half-assed, broad stroke calculations) as he states it will slow down traffic on the Ramona Expressway, what a crock!!! This issue has been on the city council's agenda and subsequently dismissed. My grandchildren as well as many other children live on that street and I hope the city isn't waiting for some poor resident to lose their life and then say "We weren't aware there was a problem?!" Any information of relevant advice would be greatly appreciated.
Curious

Yucaipa, CA

#2 Oct 28, 2012
Stop signs won't help much. You'd be surprised how much speed can be obtained very quickly from one to the next. Many streets that are "main" streets have people who live on them. Doesn't seem to slow down the populace one bit. Florida is notorious for speeders and red-light runners. So I think until everybody slows down and starts caring for all of us who live in this town, I don't think you will see any change. You support me on my street, and I'll back you up on yours'.
damn Hemet

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Oct 29, 2012
I petioned the city of Hemet and got a 4way stop sign installed at Buena Vista and Johnson. You need to write the city or attend their city hall meetings. They won't install anything until there is multiple accidents. Stupid huh?
JustSayin

Yucaipa, CA

#4 Oct 29, 2012
Well keep it up then, cause I like that stop, just for that reason, 4 way. THANKS
Josh C

Northridge, CA

#5 Oct 30, 2012
I spent 100 dollars of my own money on little, plastic, yellow guys, that say slow down. I placed them in front of my house.( Lincoln/Steiner) They were stolen within two hours. If the city doesnt do something about the traffic on Lincoln Ave. soon, its going to be to late for some poor pedestrian or motorist. If you want to see for yourself, come by around two o'clock when Bautista Elementary gets out and theres 50 kids walking home, down a street with a 25 mph speed limit and no crosswalk! I will continue to spend my own money and time to try to keep my kids safe from wreckless drivers on their own street, since the city, police and everyone else seems to not care.
rajaincajin

Hemet, CA

#6 Oct 30, 2012
Were would you put a Stop sign at on Steiner it already has three stops now 1 Charlton, 2 Cheryl, 3 Lincoln. You don't put them mid block!
Another Concerned Citizen wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions or experience with getting the city of Hemet to install a stop sign in or around their neighborhood? My daughter and her family live on Steiner and, according to my daughter and based on what I've witnessed, people use that street as their own little 1/4 mile track! Most cars travel at speeds well above the posted 25mph. My daughter and her husband have contacted the police many times and when they've come out they've cited many drivers for excessive speed. This does not sway the city traffic engineer's educated guess (based on their half-assed, broad stroke calculations) as he states it will slow down traffic on the Ramona Expressway, what a crock!!! This issue has been on the city council's agenda and subsequently dismissed. My grandchildren as well as many other children live on that street and I hope the city isn't waiting for some poor resident to lose their life and then say "We weren't aware there was a problem?!" Any information of relevant advice would be greatly appreciated.
poster

Hemet, CA

#7 Oct 30, 2012
You can see the Caltrans Manual of Traffic Control Devices on Section 2.B.07, page 137, of the following link:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/traffops/signtech/mu...
Another Concerned Citizen

Hemet, CA

#8 Oct 30, 2012
rajaincajin wrote:
Were would you put a Stop sign at on Steiner it already has three stops now 1 Charlton, 2 Cheryl, 3 Lincoln. You don't put them mid block! <quoted text>
My bad! On Lincoln near Steiner and the STOP sign should be placed on Lincoln at Steiner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Jacinto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
more section 8 housing coming soon 6 hr you are the problem 14
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 8 hr Chris 6
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 9 hr Chris 57
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home 10 hr Sam 1
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 11 hr Stupid asses 99
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 14 hr SMAR 44
less blks in hmt since ebola Wed Kuntakinta 3

San Jacinto News Video

San Jacinto Dating
Find my Match