Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6885 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

minimitt

Bedford, MA

#4861 Nov 2, 2012
Las Cruces retiree wrote:
Democrats have controlled the financial purse strings of this state for the last 60 years. NM is virtually at the bottom of every list. The state pension plans are way underfunded.
SM can't get anything done because the Democrats block everything. Why have a Republican governor? It only provides the Dems with something to complain about.
Similar logic applies at the national level. Why have a Republican president if the Dems block everything in the Senate?
Lets let one party control everything.
How about this? Give the Dems everything they want -- House, Senate, Presidency and courts and let them lead the country for the next 60 years, under one condition. President Obama has to first release all of his college records, just to make certain the constitution is being followed properly. I am ready to go all in on the college records.
What in the world does the constitution say about a president's college records? You seem to be so wrapped around the axle on this guy's records that you are not paying attention to anything else. I have a deal for btoh of you, you and Obama. Why don't you both share your college records with the public and we call it even. I'm curious as to what you expect to find in his college records.
Las Cruces retiree

Christchurch, New Zealand

#4862 Nov 2, 2012
minimitt wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the world does the constitution say about a president's college records? You seem to be so wrapped around the axle on this guy's records that you are not paying attention to anything else. I have a deal for btoh of you, you and Obama. Why don't you both share your college records with the public and we call it even. I'm curious as to what you expect to find in his college records.
It would not surprise me to find that American-born Obama was admitted to Columbia as a foreign student. That would be support for those who believe that the birth certificate was forged and our constitution has been violated.

It would also not surprise me to find that the president had poor grades at Columbia but was admitted to Harvard anyway -- against all common sense.

If everything is OK with the college records, the Dems can control everything and steer our country down the path they think is appropriate.

Roll up your sleeve. Lets see if you are hiding a fifth ace.
minimitt

Bedford, MA

#4863 Nov 3, 2012
Retireeeee,

It would not surprise me to find that American-born Obama was admitted to Columbia as a foreign student.
-and you are going to do what with this information? Impeach him? I thought the birtch certificate was good enough? Wasn't Joe R Pie Hole of AZ investigating this? Put all of his Sheriff's Biatches on it.

That would be support for those who believe that the birth certificate was forged and our constitution has been violated.
-you realize that if the govt wants to fake anything, you will never get to the bottom of it ... Futile effort

It would also not surprise me to find that the president had poor grades at Columbia but was admitted to Harvard anyway -- against all common sense.
-money gets you into these schools, they don't care so much about grades as they do about money ... If you had enough money, you too could go to harvard and colombia ... Also, your grades will not dictate how well you do in life ... I've met some college slugs (low gpas) who are brilliant ...

If everything is OK with the college records, the Dems can control everything and steer our country down the path they think is appropriate.

-thinking this is happening regardless of what we think

-you tell me ...
Las Cruces retiree

#4864 Nov 3, 2012
minimitt wrote:
Retireeeee,
It would not surprise me to find that American-born Obama was admitted to Columbia as a foreign student.
-and you are going to do what with this information? Impeach him? I thought the birtch certificate was good enough? Wasn't Joe R Pie Hole of AZ investigating this? Put all of his Sheriff's Biatches on it.
That would be support for those who believe that the birth certificate was forged and our constitution has been violated.
-you realize that if the govt wants to fake anything, you will never get to the bottom of it ... Futile effort
-money gets you into these schools, they don't care so much about grades as they do about money ... If you had enough money, you too could go to harvard and colombia ... Also, your grades will not dictate how well you do in life ... I've met some college slugs (low gpas) who are brilliant ...
-thinking this is happening regardless of what we think
-you tell me ...
Lets see this guy has been lying since day 1 and continues to lie Yes, I would call for an impeachment vote. Whatever I say will not change your mind one bit and vice versa. Its like we need to draw a line down the middle of the country and create two separate countries. Conservatives go live on one side and liberals live on the other. The military and defense contractors go on my side. You get to borrow funds and print as much paper money as you want.
minimitt

Bedford, MA

#4866 Nov 3, 2012
Retiree,

ets see this guy has been lying since day 1 and continues to lie Yes, I would call for an impeachment vote.
-name one politician that does not lie or has not lied to include Romney ... If you expect truth, pick a different game to follow ... Lookup what is needed for impeachment

Whatever I say will not change your mind one bit and vice versa.
-not at all true ... Show me where you are going or what you think you can accomplish and that there is sound reasoning and I'll agree, to this post, you are simply following and "I think"

Its like we need to draw a line down the middle of the country and create two separate countries.
-im perfectly happy where I am, thanks for the offer

Conservatives go live on one side and liberals live on the other.
-are you moving over with the liberals or what? What makes you think I'm liberal, just because we disagree on the importance of your post?

The military and defense contractors go on my side.
-how convenient, why didn't you pick the budget or healthcare? Oh yeah, conservatives don't care about that ... How bout SS? You think that conservatives are all anti-obama?

You get to borrow funds and print as much paper money as you want.

-im perfectly fine financially, thank you for the offer ... The last 4 yrs have been ok afor me, I'm not poorer or richer ... I keep paying into a social security fund so that current retirees can live well and complain, the whole time knowing that there will be nothing there when I retire ... I suppose that my hope and change is that retirees stop consuming air as quickly as possible ...

Btw, I see Ryan is pushing Hope and Change now-a-days
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Romney-Obama-...

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4867 Nov 11, 2012
What happened to all those people? CornDogz and the bunch?

Now that the case is over I thought he'd want to share some chocolate cake.

Well I guess it's over. No official order has been filed. Kinda strange considering the court has specific rules for these things. Hell maybe that's why Orlando lost she doesn't know how to do her job properly or at least comply with the rules of the court. For sure not with the law.

Hmmm maybe I'll be getting another phone call from Lisa King, maybe this time she'll claim to be someone else...

Gangnam Style!
Las Cruces retiree

#4868 Nov 12, 2012
minimitt wrote:
Retiree,
ets see this guy has been lying since day 1 and continues to lie Yes, I would call for an impeachment vote.
-name one politician that does not lie or has not lied to include Romney ... If you expect truth, pick a different game to follow ... Lookup what is needed for impeachment
Whatever I say will not change your mind one bit and vice versa.
-not at all true ... Show me where you are going or what you think you can accomplish and that there is sound reasoning and I'll agree, to this post, you are simply following and "I think"
Its like we need to draw a line down the middle of the country and create two separate countries.
-im perfectly happy where I am, thanks for the offer
Conservatives go live on one side and liberals live on the other.
-are you moving over with the liberals or what? What makes you think I'm liberal, just because we disagree on the importance of your post?
The military and defense contractors go on my side.
-how convenient, why didn't you pick the budget or healthcare? Oh yeah, conservatives don't care about that ... How bout SS? You think that conservatives are all anti-obama?
You get to borrow funds and print as much paper money as you want.
-im perfectly fine financially, thank you for the offer ... The last 4 yrs have been ok afor me, I'm not poorer or richer ... I keep paying into a social security fund so that current retirees can live well and complain, the whole time knowing that there will be nothing there when I retire ... I suppose that my hope and change is that retirees stop consuming air as quickly as possible ...
Btw, I see Ryan is pushing Hope and Change now-a-days
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Romney-Obama-...
Lets set politics aside for a wee bit.

It appears that you think that there is a social security fund. Sorry. There is no savings account which grows and has enough money in it so that your promised retirement monies will be there. View social security as a tax. The money that is taken out of your paycheck is used by the government each year to pay for government programs.

Back on politics.

Keep working hard so that I can enjoy the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed.
idgaf

Bedford, MA

#4869 Nov 12, 2012
Retiree,

Lets set politics aside for a wee bit.
-are you capable? Obama's birth certificate and his college record are still looming in your head.
It appears that you think that there is a social security fund. Sorry.
-by fund, retiree, I mean we pay into some freakin' account that redistributes the money to retirees like you. I don't have visions of piles of money, sitting and growing. There never has been. It's not possible for there to be 'cause less people are working and paying into the "fund". Call it whatever you want. The magic fountain of money that you get your SS check from. Clear?
There is no savings account which grows and has enough money in it so that your promised retirement monies will be there.
-i think I covered this, reference above
View social security as a tax.
-we have something to agree on, holy cow.
The money that is taken out of your paycheck is used by the government each year to pay for government programs.
-the money is used to pay primarily for many people who no longer work and live life looking for obama's birth certificate and his college records even after the electorate dished out a romney beating
Back on politics.
-oh happiness, educate me wise one
Keep working hard so that I can enjoy the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed.
-i most certainly will, don't want you to stop consuming good air and space. Want to make sure to pay lots of cash into the SS fund so that you can afford to look for obama's birth certificate and his college records
-gotta work hard to keep donating to the republican party that is completely ungrounded and able to lose the easiest election in history by a landslide 332 to 200? They must e related to the aggies.
Already There

Los Alamos, NM

#4870 Jan 7, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to look for more info on the reform ads is this what you are referring to?
http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/politics/nm-cou...
Let's not forget she used an image of a dead child to promote her run for office. She's crazy insane and to her it's fine.
Black hands, is that what this psot refers to? Nice to know our governor would join the Klan, if she was allowed to do so. What an example for the state of NM!
<quoted text>Back to Martinez, the governor (pun intended), why is she sponsoring attack ads? Especially ones regarding children?
During her tenure as District Attorney she let a child rapist walk out of jail due to failure to prosecute. This is the one where he had raped 2. count them TWO girls. One left the country so they said they had no case because there was no victim. WHAT? So the second girl didn't matter?!?!?!?!?
Those are the kinds of remarkable decisions she makes.
How about engaging in egregious fraud?
The republican leadership has had trouble with elected ones raping kids. And attacking people, you name it. So, they picked martinez since she was hispanic, and had the Brianna case under her belt. Since it is ALL she has ever had, she can only use that in her ads.

The state has lost 25% of it's tourism first year. She did nto do an audit, so many parts of state gov't where she just had crazy employees cause nervous breakdowns on employees to get them to leave, just made the state even more dysfunctional, and paranoid too.

It has been said tourism picked up 3%, but inflation is 6%, so she lost another 3% this year.

Hispanics have lost more money per capita than any other group under her tenure, and she has no worthwhile plans to rectify that. I have spoken to someoen who went to one of her conferences, and when asked, she was unable to provide any proof her plans would work, she just wanted peopel to be gung ho and follow her. Without anything, but suggestions from the supporters who purchased her. Even the repubs on Tv have started backing down. She has accomplished nothing, but made the exec of the state republican, an incompetent repub at that, too. Her background suggests all she can do is attack, and present one-sided, easily defeated argumtns. If she had not gotten the break with the Briana case, she would not have ever gotten another job past her current one, ever again.

Yet, still her hispanic and rpeublican supporters keep supporting her, under the idea I guess that since she is one of their pown, somethign good will happen. Like what, no one including she is sure.

Some friends of ours had to call the EPA, despite their support of her, because of chemical dumping killing theirl ivestock. The Feds had to get in, as she refused to do anything but support biz, even if it literally destroyed the native biz already here.

she was called in because she takes orders without questioning anything, she supports the Perry family, and knows how to sidetrack people and agressively advance her agenda. So she has her supporters snowed.
She has two more years. There is little media play about the destruction she is pulling on our state, due to money controlling the media most effectively here.

She cleaned up the Republican leadership rep by here advancement of the Briana trial. She also advanced money for prisons. That is why she got in, and is not doing anythign else. She only had two goals, and is not a republican any more than any other purchsed person is. Her involvement thru the woman-Beater McCleskey and Reform NM up here, cost a local guy the election. He told me, the governor got involved, and that changed the tone to it being about her, and he was defeated.

2 more years, dudes!

did you get the expungement?
Already There

Los Alamos, NM

#4871 Jan 7, 2013
Um, not really a direct reply to Warrior, but this fool said and I quote:
<quoted text>
That is astoundingly funny considering he REPLIED TO MY POST! So must mean my part of the conversation was smart enough to initiate a response from Warrior.
Ah I digress...
Susana Martinez promised jobs. YES SHE PROMISED JOBS!
Here's either the irony or her incredibly gross failure:
The New Mexico executive part of the government has 4,783 vacancies. She's governor and can't even fill the jobs in her part of the government? Ah but the funny one is this one:
There are 329 vacancies in the judicial area of New Mexico government and those last 9 are in the Dona Ana county District Attorney's office alone.
So that's 5,000 vacancies in her areas of government.
So ironically she did promise jobs and YES there are over 5,000 available!
The only jobs she increased was for private prisons. She reduced the amount for judges, meaning same case amount, less thot, so more people in prisons.

You are right, she has accomplished nothing.
dpb

La Veta, CO

#4872 Jan 7, 2013
She was a failure from day one: A bought and paid for pimp for the Oil and Gas Industry. She'll be out of here in 2014: Good riddance of some bad rubbish.
Already There

Los Alamos, NM

#4873 Jan 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I went to look for more info on the reform ads is this what you are referring to?
http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/politics/nm-cou...
Let's not forget she used an image of a dead child to promote her run for office. She's crazy insane and to her it's fine.
The hands are black in the ad. I do not think that is an accident.
<quoted text>
Back to Martinez, the governor (pun intended), why is she sponsoring attack ads? Especially ones regarding children?
During her tenure as District Attorney she let a child rapist walk out of jail due to failure to prosecute. This is the one where he had raped 2. count them TWO girls. One left the country so they said they had no case because there was no victim. WHAT? So the second girl didn't matter?!?!?!?!?
Those are the kinds of remarkable decisions she makes.
How about engaging in egregious fraud?
Knowing no crime was committed. Knowing no evidence existed to show or substantiate a crime. She tried to convict me over something that didn't happen.
Stalking is a perverse crime. To accuse me of stalking anyone, is insane. She tried stretching the meaning of the law well beyond it's legal reach and I strongly believe she was belittling the real victims of stalking.
She was elected to make sure she would 1. take orders from Republican sponsors, and 2. clean up the Republican party's upper leadership reputation. That's why she took the Briana case and ran with it, and was allowed to keep the 720k$ money for prosecuting illegal aliens (like most of her grandparents), and instead spend it on “bonuses” for her staff after they successfully pimped the case.

A senior Repub official molested his daughter. Then, the people who control jobs and money became nervous when Obama and Richardson started pushing the Healthcare thing, since this is a poor state, and the upper class here rips off the lower classes quite well. So, she was elected to make sure the Hispanic vote Richardson and Obama had would be sent to the Repubs this time instead, and to make sure all anyone remembers about the kiddie rape, is Briana.

I remember when my mother told me Gary King had been assaulting his wife. The repubs here have used that line for years about dems, while there leaders did that actually and molested kids. I remember when an ex-gf of mine told me her two sisters had been at a party, and one was jealous the other was dating an apd cop. So she took on him, and 3 others, at the same time in front of her sister on a bed at the party.

The cop then told my ex-gf that marty chavez had been beating up his wife too. Larry Barker looked, and then looked at Marty's sealed divorce record online, and nothing. But, King had a few office women file against him, and he settled to shut them up. That was a hedge, as right when all that was happening, he was investigating her fraudulently using the money for the bonuses, and despite blatant fraud, she got away with it. Does it take any thinking to guess why?

So, her entire thing is to 1. advance repub agenda, and 2. not listen to anyone, and agressively argue and set people up, never dealing with the facts at all. Also, clean up the repub reputation about kids, with her pimping prolly the only case she could win, one so obvious anyone could have won it. They dropped the child molestation charges, after numerous people pointed out it never was a factor anyway.
Already There

Los Alamos, NM

#4874 Jan 7, 2013
So, the answer is, she was just making it look like she cared, she doesn't. We lost 25% of our tourism the first year in office, and she garnered a 72% approval rating, while Richardson had a 94%. Tourism supposedly went up 3% this year, but given inflation is 6%, that means it went down, yet again.

She reduced employment, not by doing an audit, but by shaking the tree and nearly psychotic actions by her staff, so the good people left, not the bad ones, so now entire areas of state government do not operate at all. She does whatever biz says, right when the legislature was finally going to even the playing field for biz from here with the international companies like Walmart, so that is what she was elected for.
Already There

Los Alamos, NM

#4875 Jan 7, 2013
dpb wrote:
She was a failure from day one: A bought and paid for pimp for the Oil and Gas Industry. She'll be out of here in 2014: Good riddance of some bad rubbish.
Yep, thanks dpb.

She is worthless. My friends lost their crop due to her.

They stil lsupport her, tho, because she is republican. Facts, figures, nothing stops a republican, nto even sobriety and reality.

Did mcCleskey assault any other women recently?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#4876 Jan 7, 2013
LMAO! She is the best this State has ever seen. She ain't going anywhere any time soon. Eat that! LOL!
dpb

La Veta, CO

#4877 Jan 7, 2013
Naw, she's just a small-minded prosecutorial boil on the a$$ of society and our State.
WARRIOR

Los Alamos, NM

#4879 Jan 7, 2013
dpb wrote:
Naw, she's just a small-minded prosecutorial boil on the a$$ of society and our State.
A totally inappropriate choice in a job where working with people, instead of social autism, is a requirement.

Good comments, BTW!

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4880 Jan 7, 2013
Already There wrote:
<quoted text>
Black hands, is that what this psot refers to? Nice to know our governor would join the Klan, if she was allowed to do so. What an example for the state of NM!
<quoted text>
The republican leadership has had trouble with elected ones raping kids. And attacking people, you name it. So, they picked martinez since she was hispanic, and had the Brianna case under her belt. Since it is ALL she has ever had, she can only use that in her ads.
The state has lost 25% of it's tourism first year. She did nto do an audit, so many parts of state gov't where she just had crazy employees cause nervous breakdowns on employees to get them to leave, just made the state even more dysfunctional, and paranoid too.
It has been said tourism picked up 3%, but inflation is 6%, so she lost another 3% this year.
Hispanics have lost more money per capita than any other group under her tenure, and she has no worthwhile plans to rectify that. I have spoken to someoen who went to one of her conferences, and when asked, she was unable to provide any proof her plans would work, she just wanted peopel to be gung ho and follow her. Without anything, but suggestions from the supporters who purchased her. Even the repubs on Tv have started backing down. She has accomplished nothing, but made the exec of the state republican, an incompetent repub at that, too. Her background suggests all she can do is attack, and present one-sided, easily defeated argumtns. If she had not gotten the break with the Briana case, she would not have ever gotten another job past her current one, ever again.
Yet, still her hispanic and rpeublican supporters keep supporting her, under the idea I guess that since she is one of their pown, somethign good will happen. Like what, no one including she is sure.
Some friends of ours had to call the EPA, despite their support of her, because of chemical dumping killing theirl ivestock. The Feds had to get in, as she refused to do anything but support biz, even if it literally destroyed the native biz already here.
she was called in because she takes orders without questioning anything, she supports the Perry family, and knows how to sidetrack people and agressively advance her agenda. So she has her supporters snowed.
She has two more years. There is little media play about the destruction she is pulling on our state, due to money controlling the media most effectively here.
She cleaned up the Republican leadership rep by here advancement of the Briana trial. She also advanced money for prisons. That is why she got in, and is not doing anythign else. She only had two goals, and is not a republican any more than any other purchsed person is. Her involvement thru the woman-Beater McCleskey and Reform NM up here, cost a local guy the election. He told me, the governor got involved, and that changed the tone to it being about her, and he was defeated.
2 more years, dudes!
did you get the expungement?
Um supposedly New Mexico doesn't do expungements. Matter of fact the legislature submitted a bill to do so, but Martinez vetoed it saying and I practically quote:

"An acquittal doesn't mean they're innocent."

She's crazy.
Harry Callahan

Alamogordo, NM

#4881 Jan 8, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>
A totally inappropriate choice in a job where working with people, instead of social autism, is a requirement.
Good comments, BTW!
Any time you have to work with democrats you are dealing with the autistic.
Harry Callahan

Alamogordo, NM

#4882 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Um supposedly New Mexico doesn't do expungements. Matter of fact the legislature submitted a bill to do so, but Martinez vetoed it saying and I practically quote:
"An acquittal doesn't mean they're innocent."
She's crazy.
You "practically quote"? And you say she is crazy? Look in the mirror idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Ildefonso Pueblo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Activity Yesterday ? 5 hr Pamela Simonton 1
News The Latest: Supporters line up for Trump in Alb... May '16 wowed 4
News Bill Clinton to campaign in New Mexico for Hill... May '16 Another 26
For Espanola, NM, And People Of THis Town (Nov '15) Jan '16 Food And 11
Corey Atencio Was Given Free Meal El Paragua Re... (Dec '15) Jan '16 marggie 3
87532 city hires, tony valdez warrrior boxer, c... (Feb '15) Jan '16 martinez 2
espanola Police Department lawenforcement (Feb '15) Dec '15 lana93 4

San Ildefonso Pueblo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance