1 teen killed, 1 wounded in birthday ...

1 teen killed, 1 wounded in birthday party shooting

There are 160 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Apr 4, 2009, titled 1 teen killed, 1 wounded in birthday party shooting. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A teenage boy was killed and another wounded Friday when an armed robber opened fire at a birthday party in an unincorporated county area near Whittier, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
sistersara

Pittsburgh, PA

#154 Apr 28, 2009
The sweet lord, we learn,sees all. the Pope sees all, even a bird that falls is seen by the Lord. The why a young gangbangers, persihes,.his paint can, rolling down the streets,young dirty minds, that the Lords read. Mexico city, judement to hell, and we all cant learn to love. Action reation(planting seeds ) is my motto. Plant today, reach the mind, friut tomarrow. Id the lord wihed him to be alive he would of sent a miricle. Now, the Pope, is silent. Gangbangers sin, tag upset, then a cop comes along,with a gun,and shots the little gun off.**boom** im got myour boyfriend. Puke rapper music, satanic puke!
Sgt Joe Friday

Santa Monica, CA

#155 Apr 28, 2009
sistersara wrote:
The sweet lord, we learn,sees all. the Pope sees all, even a bird that falls is seen by the Lord. The why a young gangbangers, persihes,.his paint can, rolling down the streets,young dirty minds, that the Lords read. Mexico city, judement to hell, and we all cant learn to love. Action reation(planting seeds ) is my motto. Plant today, reach the mind, friut tomarrow. Id the lord wihed him to be alive he would of sent a miricle. Now, the Pope, is silent. Gangbangers sin, tag upset, then a cop comes along,with a gun,and shots the little gun off.**boom** im got myour boyfriend. Puke rapper music, satanic puke!
Put down the crack pipe, sister.
fvg

Minneapolis, MN

#156 Apr 29, 2009
Sgt Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
Any naive parents out there still think this kid wasn't in a gang?
So you say, a gang in good old whittier?? can it be?? of course, gangs are everywhere, your neighbor's kids, your nephews, your boss's kids, the army, the navy, the presidents cabinet. Our kids have a need to belong,(I know because I had it) why? missing Dad? Mom not there either??...not that we're being bad parents necessarily or intentionally, NO. not what I'm saying, but every kid is different and has different emotions, needs and for goodness sake, they also want bounderies, structure,security. We as parents should become creative about it. take some time, not just with our own biological kids but neighborhood kids and understand, the last thing they need is some stupid adult giving up on them based on assumptions,(...my bad...did I type that out loud??) don't hate, try to catch it, personal feelings aside. Maybe Paul was is a gang, and they ALL loved him, even his teachers, was he that dirty that he pulled the wool over the eyes of educated, high class, law abiding, citizens of Whittier? He was a great kid, gang and all, what ever gang it was. Newlin boys out there!! You all are great boys.
Hugh Jorgan

Santa Monica, CA

#157 Apr 29, 2009
Time for a reality check!

Paul, or should I say "DIRTY", died because he was doing something illegal (selling nitrous oxide shots) at a birthday party for a girl (a minor) while her mother was out of town. The party was way out of control and had way too many people in attendance.

Say what you want. Think what you want. Paul would be alive today if he had left his nitrous bottle at home.
Sneaky

AOL

#158 Apr 29, 2009
Hugh Jorgan wrote:
Time for a reality check!
Paul, or should I say "DIRTY", died because he was doing something illegal (selling nitrous oxide shots) at a birthday party for a girl (a minor) while her mother was out of town. The party was way out of control and had way too many people in attendance.
Say what you want. Think what you want. Paul would be alive today if he had left his nitrous bottle at home.
I know i've posted my whole paragraph about Paul many times, but it's only because I want people to remember Paul for who he was. Not what mistakes or choices he made in his life! So yes, I agree with you! All people are doing is judging Paul on a mistake or a choice he made in his life. Yeah sure everyone on here that is negative about the situation and says he deserves what he got and got caught for his doing and all that other BS is because they didn't even know Paul. I mean sure it's easier for THEM(whoever didn't know Paul)to say bad things about him then to say the good things. No matter what anyone has to say they won't change my opinion about Paul or anyone else that knew him. The only people that will change their mind are people who didn't know him and people just reading the story online or in the paper! Paul had more good qualities in him than bad. Paul was someone that you knew you can count on and just knew he would keep his promise. Everyone is a teenager once in their life and NO ONE is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes in their life and unfortunately unlike everyone Paul can't learn from his.=[ He was truely a GREAT friend and never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings. He was someone that when he walked in the room he brighten up the place. No matter what anyone says or what the situation was,NO ONE deserves to die the way he did. He was the good one out of the bunch. When people talk about,think of or remember Paul we want them to remember HIM! Not the mistakes he made in life.
Paul is truly missed and will forever be loved! He may be gone, but he will NOT be forgotten!
When the Class of 2009 graduates, so will he.
WE ALL LOVE AND MISS YOU!
"Think of life as a glass that is half full, rather than half empty"-Paul..
Rest In Paradise Paul Jauregui!
hope41day

Cypress, TX

#159 Apr 30, 2009
It trips me out how nick-names have become quickly related to being in a gang. Can someone please share how Paul got his nick-name "Dirty" with those who insist Paul was in a gang (although they didn't know him or his lifestyle) so these comments of him being a gangster can come to an end.

We each have choices in life and Paul's legacy should not be of him being a gang member, because that was not part of his life.

I'm sure every person on this blog has had a nick-name at some point in life, which can also be called a "user name". Each user on this blog has a user name, so if a nick-name indicates being in a gang (as many comments have related Paul's life cuz of his nick-name "Dirty"), what gang is Sgt Joe Friday from? What about the other users on this blog that preferred not to give their real name by using a "user name" or "nick-name"? What gang are they from? If something as simple as a nick-name initiates a person into a gang, this world is crazier than I thought.

Get past the gang idea in Paul's life. "Dirty" was his nick-name, SO WHAT!

Again I ask....
DID ANYONE CARE ENOUGH ABOUT PAUL TO PRAY WITH HIM FOR SALVATION??????

I hope 41 day to know if Paul was able to pray for forgiveness before he took his final breath.

Regardless of Paul's choices, even if he would have been the Pope, he needed Jesus.

As for Sister girl, please read your Bible for the truth. The Pope does not see all. He is just as human as you and me. He has no devine control, there is Only One God who is omni-present, all knowing, everlasting, and all mighty. Don't be fooled to believe the Pope has any control. He too needs Jesus.
study

United States

#160 Apr 30, 2009
My bet is they are renters.....Whittier has high crime do to all the renters!!! I would love to see a study on crime homeowners vs renters....Homeowners take pride in the city they live....Renters are temporary residents and do not care about property values!!! And everywhere you turn there are apts and homes for rent!!
lets see that study!!!!
study

United States

#161 Apr 30, 2009
I have lived in sfs all my life. As a child I looked at Whittier as the Shopping Place...My mother and I catch the bus(she didnt drive) and go shopping at Hinshaw's and Myers in uptown. It was a safe town and a rich town....Now whittier is so full of renters who dont care...Uptown whittier is full of non-caring renters who dont care about their landscaping...The historical homes are now flop houses! Let's take pride in our homes and maybe our children will take pride in their lives!!!
fvg

Minneapolis, MN

#163 Apr 30, 2009
study wrote:
I have lived in sfs all my life. As a child I looked at Whittier as the Shopping Place...My mother and I catch the bus(she didnt drive) and go shopping at Hinshaw's and Myers in uptown. It was a safe town and a rich town....Now whittier is so full of renters who dont care...Uptown whittier is full of non-caring renters who dont care about their landscaping...The historical homes are now flop houses! Let's take pride in our homes and maybe our children will take pride in their lives!!!
there is a point in there some where, but it's so much more....i've rented as a kid and my mom always kept up our house, yard, sidwalk, what have you...it wasn't necessarily a free for all cause we didn't own it. Our family knows a family, pretty well too, that owns their house over near Ralph shopping center/Hadley and they could care less what their house looks like?! Its a mentaliy and I know that didn't have anything to do with Paul, he had aspirations and dreams, his parents were very proud of him. And by the way, the other kid that got shot was just at the party and didn't deserve it either. I wonder if his parents paid rent or mortgage, c'mon, get real??!! get this garbage mentality out of here!
study

United States

#164 Apr 30, 2009
It's called pride!! Be proud of where you leave and its surrounding!
fvg

Minneapolis, MN

#165 Apr 30, 2009
study wrote:
It's called pride!! Be proud of where you leave and its surrounding!
Pride...character flaw. I'm sure you mean it in a good way. I do agree that cleanliness is next to Godliness and that's something that every one, ever a renter can afford. Even a gangmember, even a wino, all can have Him and that encompasses much more that "pride". I also agree that we should take care of our surroundings, be thoughtful, considerate, careful and alert...that probably what you meant. You just sounded a little self rightous there for a minute. By the way, what's that got to do with Paul?
study

United States

#166 May 1, 2009
It was not directed to Paul, but directed to what is now going on in Whittier! Whitter is going down the tubes! What used to be a town that we could be proud of to a town that is filled with problems!

As far as Paul (who I do not know) My heart goes out to his family and friends..I too have children and if something were to happen to them I would not know what to do.

Since: Sep 08

Montclair, CA

#167 May 2, 2009
study wrote:
My bet is they are renters.....Whittier has high crime do to all the renters!!! I would love to see a study on crime homeowners vs renters....Homeowners take pride in the city they live....Renters are temporary residents and do not care about property values!!! And everywhere you turn there are apts and homes for rent!!
lets see that study!!!!
Renters vs Homeowners is a completely different topic and a very interesting one. Why don't you start a new forum?
PAULS LITTLE BROTHER

Chino Hills, CA

#168 May 6, 2009
PAUL ILL BE AT YOUR GRAVE EVERY SUNDAY MY TEARS WILL BE ON YOUR STONE THIS WAS OUT OF THE ORDINARY I NEVER BENN TO A FUNERAL BEFORE WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE YOURS GOODBYE, MY BROTHER MY BROTHER PAUL AN AWSOME GUY,I DONT KNOW WHY YOU HAD TO DIE.YOU WERE SO TOUGH AS A LITTLE BOYYOU SMILED AND BROGHT US JOY. EVEN THOUGH WE HAD OUR LITTLE FIGHTS,OVER SILLY THINGS LIKE VIDEO GAMES WHICH WAS ALWAYS THE SAME I NEVER WANTED TO BE A PEST I NEEDED YOUR SKILLS CAUSE YOUR THE BEST IM GLAD THOSE TIMES WERE ONLY A FEW IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO ARGUE WITH YOU BIT THATS JUST ME AS YOU ARE YOU AND IN THE END YOU ALWAYS CAME THROUGH. THIS IS NEWLIN BLOCK WHERE YOU ARE FROM
Sneaky

AOL

#169 May 6, 2009
PAULS LITTLE BROTHER wrote:
PAUL ILL BE AT YOUR GRAVE EVERY SUNDAY MY TEARS WILL BE ON YOUR STONE THIS WAS OUT OF THE ORDINARY I NEVER BENN TO A FUNERAL BEFORE WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE YOURS GOODBYE, MY BROTHER MY BROTHER PAUL AN AWSOME GUY,I DONT KNOW WHY YOU HAD TO DIE.YOU WERE SO TOUGH AS A LITTLE BOYYOU SMILED AND BROGHT US JOY. EVEN THOUGH WE HAD OUR LITTLE FIGHTS,OVER SILLY THINGS LIKE VIDEO GAMES WHICH WAS ALWAYS THE SAME I NEVER WANTED TO BE A PEST I NEEDED YOUR SKILLS CAUSE YOUR THE BEST IM GLAD THOSE TIMES WERE ONLY A FEW IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO ARGUE WITH YOU BIT THATS JUST ME AS YOU ARE YOU AND IN THE END YOU ALWAYS CAME THROUGH. THIS IS NEWLIN BLOCK WHERE YOU ARE FROM
That was nicely said.I just want to tell you don't listen to what others have to say.This is what I keep posting about Paul. All people are doing is judging Paul on a mistake or a choice he made in his life. Yeah sure everyone on here that is negative about the situation and says he deserves what he got and got caught for his doing and all that other BS is because they didn't even know Paul. I mean sure it's easier for THEM(whoever didn't know Paul)to say bad things about him then to say the good things. No matter what anyone has to say they won't change my opinion about Paul or anyone else that knew him. The only people that will change their mind are people who didn't know him and people just reading the story online or in the paper! Paul had more good qualities in him than bad. Paul was someone that you knew you can count on and just knew he would keep his promise. Everyone is a teenager once in their life and NO ONE is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes in their life and unfortunately unlike everyone Paul can't learn from his.=[ He was truely a GREAT friend and never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings. He was someone that when he walked in the room he brighten up the place. No matter what anyone says or what the situation was,NO ONE deserves to die the way he did. He was the good one out of the bunch. When people talk about,think of or remember Paul we want them to remember HIM! Not the mistakes he made in life.
Paul is truly missed and will forever be loved! He may be gone, but he will NOT be forgotten!
When the Class of 2009 graduates, so will he.
WE ALL LOVE AND MISS YOU!
"Think of life as a glass that is half full, rather than half empty"-Paul..
Rest In Paradise Paul Jauregui!
fvg

Minneapolis, MN

#170 May 6, 2009
PAULS LITTLE BROTHER wrote:
LIKE YOU SAID AT HIS FUNERAL SON , THERE ARE REASONS WE WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. The best thing we can do is take a tough situation and change it, never leave something painful inside of us to hurt us more. Replace it with something good. Make a promise or a difference and do something that would make your brother happy. You will grow up to be a good happy man and the future can be a joyful one, but you must choose to live it with purpose. What is your purpose? Paul wanted to serve, to learn, to become a good man. What is your purpose?
Sneaky

AOL

#171 Oct 23, 2010
Here is the conclusion to the story, hope they get the death penalty. They found the people who killed Paul jauregui. May he Rest In Peace. Here's the link
http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ci_16251201...
DUI

Buena Park, CA

#172 Nov 17, 2012
Underage drinking at 14923 Florita, tonight in La Mirada home furnished by the parents.
nobody special

Whittier, CA

#173 Feb 24, 2015
that bitch of a mom had that party to make money they charged at the door she was even involved in the sale of drugs to the minors attending
tellinitlikeitis

Los Angeles, CA

#174 Feb 26, 2015
LOL typical mexican trash i tell ya LOL burn in hll ya b@stards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royal Coaches Caught El Monte says No Thank You 2 hr No Contract 8
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 31,889
WARNING DONORS to Ricardo Pacheco BEWARE 5 hr Pacheco Broke 1
News Maywood, Calif. Has History Of Hiring Bad Cops (Apr '07) 6 hr 54Npine 17
Tuttle creepy with his camera 8 hr Midget 4
News Bonita Unified to vote on resolution opposing f... (Mar '10) Feb 5 Tomas Porter 24
News Attorney appointed for Fiore (May '09) Feb 5 Dub77 56
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Gabriel Mortgages