Man found shot dead on Pico Rivera st...

Man found shot dead on Pico Rivera street

There are 106 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Jan 1, 2010, titled Man found shot dead on Pico Rivera street. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Detectives are investigating the shooting death of man found in the front yard of a home early Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
shrapnel

San Gabriel, CA

#2 Jan 1, 2010
Way to start the new years Pico.
wetto

Whittier, CA

#3 Jan 1, 2010
Whittier and PR are getting to be just as bad as South Central. It's time to get the hell outta here.(Its been time for a long time)
20sleeve

Whittier, CA

#4 Jan 1, 2010
Already geez!
whittier whitier

AOL

#5 Jan 1, 2010
in a few moments we will be hearing the shooters mom..........

..........not mi hijo - he was a good boy
A REAL AMERICAN

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 1, 2010
wetto wrote:
Whittier and PR are getting to be just as bad as South Central. It's time to get the hell outta here.(Its been time for a long time)
Are you kidding me? Pico is Mayberry compared to South central. I grew up in South central. trust me Pico is nowhere near close to South LA
Racial Profiling

Azusa, CA

#7 Jan 1, 2010
Celebrating the New Year, cholo style, que viva mejico.
dixie lady

Whittier, CA

#8 Jan 1, 2010
Too bad...this is sad for so many people. I hope no children saw this-it really frightens them and makes them feel unsafe in their homes.
I Agree

United States

#9 Jan 1, 2010
A REAL AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding me? Pico is Mayberry compared to South central. I grew up in South central. trust me Pico is nowhere near close to South LA
I absolutely agree with you I'm tired of hearing people say that Pico is "ghetto" when it is nowhere near ghetto. They need to experience life in other neighborhoods so they can really experience what living in the ghetto really is
dixie lady

Whittier, CA

#10 Jan 1, 2010
I Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree with you I'm tired of hearing people say that Pico is "ghetto" when it is nowhere near ghetto. They need to experience life in other neighborhoods so they can really experience what living in the ghetto really is
Of course if the other neighborhoods are the hills of West LA or the beaches of San Clemente, then Pico looks and feels pretty ghetto. It's a matter of perspective isn't it?
jackindabox

United States

#11 Jan 1, 2010
welcome to pico rivera....home of the infamous and unsolved 2009 murder case!!!

you all visit falcones pizza soon ya hear!
shrapnel

San Gabriel, CA

#12 Jan 1, 2010
jackindabox wrote:
welcome to pico rivera....home of the infamous and unsolved 2009 murder case!!!
you all visit falcones pizza soon ya hear!
No thanks, I would rather go to Frantones
Longhorn Fan

San Diego, CA

#13 Jan 2, 2010
Rios Pizza is the best, on Slauson & Passons.....
Longhorn Fan

San Diego, CA

#14 Jan 2, 2010
Joel Lamas, 27, of Pico Rivera died in a shooting that that occurred just before 2 a.m. in the 7600 block of Keltonview Drive in Pico Rivera, Los Angeles County Department of Coroner Investigator Jerry McKibben said.
pico loco

Downey, CA

#15 Jan 2, 2010
More RIP grafitti on Pico Rivera walls. I bet he was a good father, Son and a Lakers fan, bla bla bla, Lets here it from his Homies
Scott

Mission Viejo, CA

#16 Jan 2, 2010
More violence in Mayberry? Shocker.

Since: Sep 09

Pico Rivera

#17 Jan 2, 2010
Pico is just like mexico = dangerous
meg

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#18 Jan 2, 2010
whittier whitier wrote:
in a few moments we will be hearing the shooters mom..........
..........not mi hijo - he was a good boy
that guy was my teacher! he was an amazing person
Pico boy

United States

#20 Jan 2, 2010
meg wrote:
<quoted text>
that guy was my teacher! he was an amazing person
Really, What school?
Vote for Luis Alvarado

Manhattan Beach, CA

#21 Jan 2, 2010
I am Pico Rivera's only hope. In fact, some would say I'm the "great white hope" since I'm one of the only republicans left in Pico Rivera. I still have connections in the Bush Administration and I can get special protection for Pico Rivera when I'm elected.

Just because I'm endorsed by David Armenta doesn't mean I'd owe him anything. People need to understand that his parents give him money because they're old and can't take it with them. That's ok with me. That's none of my business.

Vote for ME-Vote for Louieeeee!
F all

United States

#22 Jan 2, 2010
Longhorn Fan wrote:
Rios Pizza is the best, on Slauson & Passons.....
Pizzamania south Whittier is the best!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Distribuidora Duche West 5 hr Gracilea Mond 3
News Friends of former La Puente Councilwoman Lola S... (Jan '10) 6 hr Wymandaniel45 7
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 32,332
The Trump low down 9 hr poc proud to be poc 1
After Orlando Scams & waste loom as charity mil... 10 hr Dewey 1
News La Mirada doctor charged with sexual battery (Mar '10) Aug 24 tellinitlikeitis 61
News Five Glendale police officers file suit against... (Jan '10) Aug 24 Susan 535

San Gabriel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Gabriel Mortgages