Teenage boy wounded in Covina shooting

There are 29 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Nov 19, 2010, titled Teenage boy wounded in Covina shooting. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A teenage boy was wounded Friday in a drive-by shooting, police said. The crime was reported as a "shots fired" call just after 3:10 p.m. at Barranca Avenue and Dexter Street, Covina police Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“LISTEN UP PEOPLE”

Since: Nov 09

belvedere

#22 Nov 20, 2010
hahaha you dumb shit..."hanging o rendavous bar all the time ask for big head fool" i seen you there talking all kinds of smack while yo old lady does all the work you POS ...yeah have another newkie!
pepe

Fontana, CA

#24 Nov 21, 2010
I love beer
Anti illegal

United States

#25 Nov 22, 2010
pancho wrote:
Big head fool hanging out at that bar and Who's the low life? loser!!!
so what Ur hanging out in allys like a bum fool.
Anti illegal

United States

#26 Nov 22, 2010
TONY FROM EAST L A wrote:
hahaha you dumb ****..."hanging o rendavous bar all the time ask for big head fool" i seen you there talking all kinds of smack while yo old lady does all the work you POS ...yeah have another newkie!
Ur mom says hi she's giving me head Rt now ya bum.
Pro Bono

Victorville, CA

#27 Nov 22, 2010
Pretty ballsy (and just plain stupid) to shoot someone at 3PM near a busy intersection and park.
As so Covina PD does step up their enforcement, but then you'd have Mommy and Daddy and Dirtbag crying: "Racial Profiling!" "Harrassment!" No win situation. Cops do the job the are paid to do, and then lowlifes b-i-t-c-h when, how and why they do it. Are Covina cops, Sheriff's Dept., and other law enforcement agencies supposed to do the parenting, too? I mean, many teachers are expected to do it for lazy, ignorant, illiterate parents, so why not cops? A lot of the fault these little ayeholes turn out the way they are is due to lack of parental supervision and rules, not because the police aren't doing their job. I also say be thankful you have a city that has it's own police dept. with decent response times and regular patrols, and not be dependant on the Sheriff's, who only staff a one or two man unit for the entire west county area. Many years ago I heard the Sheriff's dispatcher asking for "a unit in less than 3?" to respond on a baby not breathing. The minutes went up to "unit in less than 5? 6? 7?"; I always wondered if that child survived. You'd think that the 3 or 4 units parked on the Rice Bowl on an almost daily basis are assigned to the area, but nope, just the Deputies meeting for lunch. And Sheriff's kiss off WAY more calls than Covina, trust me.(Every PD does it, though.)
Be grateful you have any police presence. I would rather have less police visibility than none at all.

Since: May 10

Pomona, CA

#28 Nov 22, 2010
pancho wrote:
Big head fool hanging out at that bar and Who's the low life? loser!!!
hahaha freakin hilarious. been to that bar a few times...lame!!!, Hey OSO, do u really know this clown???

“LISTEN UP PEOPLE”

Since: Nov 09

belvedere

#29 Nov 22, 2010
Anti illegal wrote:
<quoted text> Ur mom says hi she's giving me head Rt now ya bum.
HEY ! not my mom she's holy.
zingo

Santa Clarita, CA

#30 Nov 22, 2010
Pro Bono wrote:
Pretty ballsy (and just plain stupid) to shoot someone at 3PM near a busy intersection and park.
As so Covina PD does step up their enforcement, but then you'd have Mommy and Daddy and Dirtbag crying: "Racial Profiling!" "Harrassment!" No win situation. Cops do the job the are paid to do, and then lowlifes b-i-t-c-h when, how and why they do it. Are Covina cops, Sheriff's Dept., and other law enforcement agencies supposed to do the parenting, too? I mean, many teachers are expected to do it for lazy, ignorant, illiterate parents, so why not cops? A lot of the fault these little ayeholes turn out the way they are is due to lack of parental supervision and rules, not because the police aren't doing their job. I also say be thankful you have a city that has it's own police dept. with decent response times and regular patrols, and not be dependant on the Sheriff's, who only staff a one or two man unit for the entire west county area. Many years ago I heard the Sheriff's dispatcher asking for "a unit in less than 3?" to respond on a baby not breathing. The minutes went up to "unit in less than 5? 6? 7?"; I always wondered if that child survived. You'd think that the 3 or 4 units parked on the Rice Bowl on an almost daily basis are assigned to the area, but nope, just the Deputies meeting for lunch. And Sheriff's kiss off WAY more calls than Covina, trust me.(Every PD does it, though.)
Be grateful you have any police presence. I would rather have less police visibility than none at all.
You are already making an excuse for the police so they won't have to do their jobs. Oh poor po po, some people are going to call them names and accuse them of profiling. Big F''-ing Deal. Cops should be tough enough not to cower in the presence of name calling. Also, they do need to prioritize their calls; all departments must do this; you don't go arrest a person smoking a joint when there is an armed robbery going on in town, etc.

Local Police presence comes at a great cost to the city; pension promises alone will potentially bankrupt the city of Covina. Oftentimes, the local police have too much free time and begin to spend their time on politics (anti-prop 19, etc.) instead of crime fighting. "Idle hands do the devils dirty work." Local PD can also become the primary fundraiser for the city through tickets and fines. As the city's finances deteriorate, this aggressive fining will likely get much worse.

Living in a sheriff patrolled area means that you may need a gun in the home and basic first aid skills. Basically, flash back 30+ years. Most people won't notice the difference except in their reduced taxes and fewer traffic citations.
Really

Santa Monica, CA

#31 Nov 22, 2010
huero wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya lets see you say that to the guy who was doing the shooting.."Pop pop" when you open your mouth..Find me on Citrus/Covina blvd
Are you trying to prove his point? We don't need idiots like you making us look bad. Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marco Rubio in 2016! 1 hr Mammy from Sonorra 37
Tuttle is a dumb *ss 1 hr Sizzle 8
Idolize Your Oppressors New Campaign Cry 1 hr Politic Gnus Poli... 1
Everyone is laughing at Tuttle Turd 1 hr Camelot 5
News Shooting suspect found dead inside home near Co... (Jan '10) 7 hr jean WH 13
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,765
News Uncertainty looms for PUSD after voters reject ... (May '10) May 23 Rupert punch 211
More from around the web

San Gabriel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]