Administrator files suit against Mont...

Administrator files suit against Montebello school district

There are 95 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Apr 26, 2010, titled Administrator files suit against Montebello school district. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A school district administrator claims the superintendent harassed and sexually assaulted him, according to documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Blinkie

Whittier, CA

#1 Apr 27, 2010
Guess Eddie did something positive for the kids and now has to suffer retaliation.
reaper

Beverly Hills, CA

#2 Apr 27, 2010
Considering the source of the information just a bunch of worthless lies
Laughingmatter

Beverly Hills, CA

#4 Apr 27, 2010
Ive, get a life. All you want is money. The entire district knows that you did nothiing. The biggest lie is that you "Thought you were an administrator" when all you were was a teacher and a bad one at that. May Ive should give back all the money he was paid and not teaching or earning his pay.
ugh

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Apr 27, 2010
Laughingmatter wrote:
Ive, get a life. All you want is money. The entire district knows that you did nothiing. The biggest lie is that you "Thought you were an administrator" when all you were was a teacher and a bad one at that. May Ive should give back all the money he was paid and not teaching or earning his pay.
Are you a teacher? I Hope not.
PICO RIVERA

Beverly Hills, CA

#6 Apr 27, 2010
Irv please stop with the lies. MUSD knows what you are trying to do. Mr. Velasquez keep your head up High. We at are site are behind you 100%!!!!!!!
PICO RIVERA

Beverly Hills, CA

#7 Apr 27, 2010
oops our site!!!
Rabbi Pedro Goldstein

San Gabriel, CA

#8 Apr 27, 2010
$216,000 A YEAR?????? WTF? This is why our government is broke!
be honest

West Covina, CA

#9 Apr 27, 2010
Irv, why did you mention in your lawsuit how you ripped off the district for the hours you didn't work as a Teacher on special assignment. Never an administrator! How was it you made more than an administrator? the tell shall come out!
be honest

West Covina, CA

#10 Apr 27, 2010
once you open those doors, all truth comes out!
Whittier

Beverly Hills, CA

#11 Apr 27, 2010
Mr. Velasquez is a proven leader in the community. Under the direction of Mr. Velasquez, MUSD has been recognized as one of the finest districts in California. High graduation rates, high attendance rates and high number of schools being recognized as model schools by several organizations are just a few of its accomplishments.

Let's not forget the house cleaning he has done, including doing what's right, eliminating false claims for overtime. That's to bad, live beyond your means and depend on fraud to keep up a lifestyle. Now you attack Mr. Velasquez for doing what's right.

It happens all the time, an upset, jealous Latino trying to pull down a proven successful Latino.

Keep up the great work Mr. Velasquez.
No Money for Irv

Alhambra, CA

#12 Apr 27, 2010
Truly a sad state of affairs. A positive leader with a proven track record should not be easily tumbled. I hope the constituents see through the lies of these false allegations. Obviously it appears that Irv wants money more than anything and is willing to lie and smear anyone to make a point and a dollar. MUSD has made nice academic gains and was able to maintain its workforce during difficult times. Irv was never an administrator and stopped going to work because he was disgruntled and now he wants money that desperately needs to stay in schools. Hopefully, the school board will stand up for the leader that has done so much for the community and make the right decision. Remember, anyone can be sued but that doesn't make one guilty.
Fyi

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 27, 2010
Boy does his wife Jackie know about all the men he has done including call girls at hotels has he shared how he exposed himself at to other male teachers in a school site or thart he was always taking pictures of maleS and their private areas!!! Get the complete story3
employee

Whittier, CA

#14 Apr 27, 2010
Everyone knows about Irv. He turns on his friends when his cushie position is eliminated and he has to go back to the classroom.
Bottom line is that all that has gone wrong in this district as of late has Marcela Calderon behind it.
Irv sold his soul to Marcela Calderon and now everyone is going to pay.
Ed Velasquez has done a great job and he will be vindicated, it will be a same to lose him
No Money for Irv

Alhambra, CA

#15 Apr 27, 2010
Fyi wrote:
Boy does his wife Jackie know about all the men he has done including call girls at hotels has he shared how he exposed himself at to other male teachers in a school site or thart he was always taking pictures of maleS and their private areas!!! Get the complete story3
FYI, you are crazy. Talk about slander and misinformation. You would know this information because? How can you expect to get away with making statements like this? "Exposing himself to teachers... " I guess we shouldn't be shocked at this outlandish statement but you need to be held accountable.
Bunch of B S

United States

#16 Apr 27, 2010
What a shame that someone has to stoop down so low to make false accusations about a positive figure in the Montebello School District. Knowing Mr. Velasquez for many years, he is far from being that person described in this fish wrap. These slanderous and libelous accusations are agenda driven and especially money driven. Mr. Velasquez we will support you all the way and these venomous accusers will be exposed as the frauds they are.
calling it how i see it

Alhambra, CA

#17 Apr 27, 2010
I have worked in MUSD for several years and while I have seen the district make marked improvements it wasn't until recently that a significant one took place - UNMASKING IRV BARTIKOFSKY FOR THE FRAUD THAT HE IS! While many of us knew or felt Irv was a self-centered shameless snake - this action proves it to all. Mr. Velasquez is a decent human being and a strong leader, two qualities Irv could only imagine possessing. Imagine a situation where you would say or do anything to harm a person you once considered a friend. Imagine a situation you would say or do anything, regardless of the shame it brought on to you and your family. Imagine a situation where you would sell your soul to the devil in an effort to benefit financially and gain another demonic ally. Well people imagine all of this and you have the situation we have here the perfect unholy union of Irv Bartikofsky and Board Member Marcella Calderon! What a shame the only ones losing are the students of MUSD!
innocent bystander

Montebello, CA

#18 Apr 27, 2010
No Money for Irv wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, you are crazy. Talk about slander and misinformation. You would know this information because? How can you expect to get away with making statements like this? "Exposing himself to teachers... " I guess we shouldn't be shocked at this outlandish statement but you need to be held accountable.
I can verify that it is true. Irv liked to expose his rear to other teachers at overnight fieldtrips.... and I quote, "it was a hairy disgusting thing!!!!!"
money

Upland, CA

#19 Apr 28, 2010
216k a year? his school police cost 650k a year?
650k+216k=866k bucks a year? let take a look at this money.this district can save a ton of money by using the local pd for FREE and finding someone who will work for 125k a year, it wont be hard to do. lets explore the school waste. i would rather see more teachers than useless school police.
cool hand luke

Appleton, WI

#20 Apr 28, 2010
What we have here is a failure to see the truth. When did Montebello Unified School District superintendent and the board re-write Federal Laws regarding sexual harrasment in the work place. Was not aware that its now acceptable to grab employee's in the crotch and give wet willys. Irv We applaude and support your efforts to expose this type of very sick behavior.
formerMUSDemploy ee

Monterey Park, CA

#21 Apr 28, 2010
Having worked at MUSD for a number of years before moving on to the private sector, I have to say this. Everybody that works in the district knows that is a cesspool of adultery, malfeasance and back stabbing. So many affairs between employees in all departments are so commonplace that it is considered a normal and routine and even a "badge of honor". Many marriages and relationships have been ruined by what goes on at the district. Not only is this kind of behavior tolerated it even seems to be silently condoned. In short nothing of this sort of thing that happens at MUSD surprises me. What is suprising is that the district hasn't had more suits like this filed against it. It really is a leachorous workplace. If you have a husband or wife or some kind of significant other who woks at MUSD, you should be concerned, be very concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's Telling the Truth now Lozano and Pacheco 55 min Please Tell Us 1
Bankruptcy and Bounced Checks Let's talk Pacheco 1 hr Yep 15
Monica Garcia Dumped by another Boyfriend 1 hr Facts 18
Roger Ebert Loses Boxing Match, Jaw, Show, Life 1 hr Gene Sissie 1
Mayor Falls Apart No Marlen Garcia to do Financ... 1 hr True Story 4
Pacheco Lies to Tribune on Late Filing 460 Forms 1 hr Really 3
Pacheco needs more money Sid Mousavi Deal back on 1 hr Oh Yes 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Gabriel Mortgages