Chino releases names of officers in f...

Chino releases names of officers in fatal shootout

There are 17 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Mar 26, 2009, titled Chino releases names of officers in fatal shootout. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

City officials released the full names Thursday of the six Chino police officers involved in a shootout last month that left a bystander dead and an officer wounded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

some guy

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 26, 2009
don't get pulled over by these guys!!!! if you happen to be holding a big mac put it down slowly!!!!
Bud Jones

Upland, CA

#2 Mar 27, 2009
Great job by the Chino P.D. Only 2 sad things in the whole incident. 1. An officer got wounded and 2. The two idiots that tried to rob Papa John's weren't killed on the spot.
Daily Bullet-in

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#3 Mar 27, 2009
You are cowards for printing their names. Hope you daily bulletin employees don't need the police one day. Enjoy your employers mistake A WIPES.
ThinkaboutiT

Ontario, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2009
Read the Sheriff's report on-line. The guy died with his McDonalds food in his hand. It seems that Cpl. Claudia Lisner mistook his hamburger for a deadly weapon. This reflects the level of training that these officer's receive.

She kills an innocent bystander eating his meal and the two robbers are charged with his death. This officer should be charged with his death.
Unbelievable

Del Mar, CA

#5 Mar 27, 2009
Sit behind your cushy desk and Monday morning quarterback about this shooting. Until you've experienced everything that goes on during this type of stressful event, I suggest you go on line and order some staples....You have no clue...

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 27, 2009
ThinkaboutiT wrote:
Read the Sheriff's report on-line. The guy died with his McDonalds food in his hand. It seems that Cpl. Claudia Lisner mistook his hamburger for a deadly weapon. This reflects the level of training that these officer's receive.
She kills an innocent bystander eating his meal and the two robbers are charged with his death. This officer should be charged with his death.
NOW NOW. You are right the bystander should not have been shot and lot of Law Enforcement are undertrained. What I meen by "undertrained " Is a lot of law enforcement only put in the bare minimum of range time.There
are other Officers that go way above and beyond.
This being said you are a retard if you think a Law Enforcement Officer or anyone else while either trying to effect an arrest or defending against a threat should ever be held responsible
for a accident. It's for this reason under the law it's the criminal's who are charged in the death it's been this way for 150 years.
Bud Jones

Upland, CA

#7 Mar 27, 2009
idealmaker wrote:
<quoted text>NOW NOW. You are right the bystander should not have been shot and lot of Law Enforcement are undertrained. What I meen by "undertrained " Is a lot of law enforcement only put in the bare minimum of range time.There
are other Officers that go way above and beyond.
This being said you are a retard if you think a Law Enforcement Officer or anyone else while either trying to effect an arrest or defending against a threat should ever be held responsible
for a accident. It's for this reason under the law it's the criminal's who are charged in the death it's been this way for 150 years.
AMEN Brother--hit the old nail right on the head!!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 27, 2009
Bud Jones wrote:
<quoted text> AMEN Brother--hit the old nail right on the head!!!!!
I looked it up and principals of indirectly commiting a homicide while commiting a crime have been around for about 3000 years I said 150 year's
Halkshaw

United States

#9 Mar 28, 2009
I would think the City would only release that information through court records. I guess the public needs to know. i hope these officers are not a target because of this. Clearly the public is not trained how to act in the middle of a shoot out. the guy was running for cover he ran the wrong way. We can say what ever you want. The police are at war with criminals and people are going to get hurt an even killed in this war. We have 2million gang members in S.Ca. they rape rob murder steal sell drugs every day while the rest of us wait for our turn to be a victim. This guys turn came up. We need to use the Home Land security laws to take the properties where these people live and work. These are the people helping them. We need a gang free Ca. and just maybe we will have a crime free Ca.
dailybulletin is

Cedar Park, TX

#10 Mar 28, 2009
a fccckn stupid paper and website, why in the world would you print their names!!
DA Reject

Santa Ana, CA

#11 Jan 28, 2010
Cpl. Claudia (Franco) Lisner should be fired, she shoots a family man with food in his hand. I wounder how she sleeps at night, I am sure the other under trained Chino Officers give her thumbs up. Chino Police officer are the ofcrs that could not make it on a real department. It is proof here with this shooting. Remember the only actions this dept. gets is when a cow breaks a fence and make a slow break for it to Ontario. Oh yeah they had a shooting at a Mexican market a year or so ago, took outside depts to take down the gunman. I also see that Kevin Menson was envolved, I am sure his reports are false, seeing that his wife works at Magnolia Jr High school as a Math teacher. He should have married a English Teacher. Well, the only advice I can give here is, don't reach for that Big Mac sir or I'll shoot, because I am scared.
DA Reject

Santa Ana, CA

#12 Jan 28, 2010
According to Algorri, Chino Police Cpl. Claudia Lisner, who fired the fatal shot into Balandran’s chest, told Sheriff’s Department investigators that she had twice ordered him to show his hands before she fired.

Witness statements and officer belt recordings obtained through a public records act request revealed that Lisner gave no such order, Algorri said.

Proof that Chino Police Dept. covers up for thier ofcrs. This worthless ofcrs should be fired. Lying in an offical investigation. Sham on you Claudia!!!!
DA Reject

Santa Ana, CA

#13 Jan 28, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
Sit behind your cushy desk and Monday morning quarterback about this shooting. Until you've experienced everything that goes on during this type of stressful event, I suggest you go on line and order some staples....You have no clue...
She lied during her investigation, she shoot a man with a big mack. you need to pull your head out.
THE DEMISE OF BUD JONES

United States

#14 Jun 1, 2010
wassup foo talkin shit ?? like to see u say that to the guys u callin idiots . keep that shit on this message board,cuz u dont wanna get caught slippin over there in upland , and u better hope to G-O-D BUD JONES AINT UYR REAL NAME
Bud Jones wrote:
Great job by the Chino P.D. Only 2 sad things in the whole incident. 1. An officer got wounded and 2. The two idiots that tried to rob Papa John's weren't killed on the spot.
Uncle Ron

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Jun 1, 2010
DA Reject wrote:
According to Algorri, Chino Police Cpl. Claudia Lisner, who fired the fatal shot into Balandran’s chest, told Sheriff’s Department investigators that she had twice ordered him to show his hands before she fired.
Witness statements and officer belt recordings obtained through a public records act request revealed that Lisner gave no such order, Algorri said.
Proof that Chino Police Dept. covers up for thier ofcrs. This worthless ofcrs should be fired. Lying in an offical investigation. Sham on you Claudia!!!!
Notice how the attorney had to file a California Public Records Act request with the Chino P.D? This means the department refused to turn them over. It means the department took the stance that states they do not answer to the public. Scary huh?

Anyone, for any reason at all, can walk into a police station and request public documents or complaint forms. There's a video where a guy does exactly this with a hidden camera. In one situation, the Watch Commander for the Pomona P.D threatens to kill the individual, who happens to be a former cop.

Are you people awake now? Wait until they settle the case, and the details of the incident are locked away from the public eye. Just like last time, right Chino P.D?
NAVYGRL

Montclair, CA

#16 Jun 29, 2011
NONE OF YOU R ANY WHERE CLOSE TO WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT NIGHT. CPL LISNER IS A GREAT COP N A GREAT PERSON OVERALL.N WAS FULLY COMMITTED TO HER JOB. IF U WERE PUT INTO THE SAME POSITION AND SCENE THAT NIGHT, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. UNFORTANTLY IT HAPPENED THE NIGHT SHE WAS WORKING. I FEEL FOR THE FAMILY AND THE FIANCE OF BALADRAN(THE MAN KILLED)BUT ACCIDENTS HAPPEN. this was truly a accident, unlike when other pd officers take abuse of there power.
ChinoCitizen

Whittier, CA

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Claudia Lisner lying and trying to cover up for an honest mistake makes me sick. Now, if this were a mistake, own up to it! But if she was an overzealous cop, who didn't give this guy a chance to put his hands up, then that's just ridiculous. She should be tried for manslaughter...after she's fired! She makes me sick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Anonymous 32,581
long lost friend. 2 hr Tobi 2
News Joshua Tree man jailed for fatal shooting of fr... (Apr '10) 2 hr Tobi 20
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr 440 not fed 20,693
News KitchenWorks in San Rafael shrinks staff, hit w... (May '09) 5 hr Debra 131
News Baldwin Park code enforcement officer arrested ... (Jul '10) Wed alexavila 128
News Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) Nov 29 Karelon 301

San Gabriel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Gabriel Mortgages