Whale kills SeaWorld trainer as guest...

Whale kills SeaWorld trainer as guests watch

There are 56 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Whale kills SeaWorld trainer as guests watch. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Officials in Florida say a veteran 40-year-old trainer at SeaWorld was killed by a whale when she slipped and fell in its tank.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

That Dude

West Covina, CA

#23 Feb 24, 2010
Pico Boy wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has accused the whale of being an illegal Mexican Immigrant.
That's what I'm used to seeing in here.
The Whale doesn't rob people, the whale doesn't molest teenage girls, the whale doesn't cost the taxpayers millions, the whale doesn't reproduce like crazy, the whale doesn't bring millions of other whales into the US!

There you go!
Pico Boy

United States

#24 Feb 25, 2010
The whale freakin ate somebody. Tha last pedo I seen in the WDN was white.

Don't take sh1t so serious Duuude.
mountian raven

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Feb 25, 2010
Whales are sacred animals and should not be kept in captivity. They should be seen in the wild and not at your local Sea World.
Killed Hitler

Northridge, CA

#26 Feb 25, 2010
This particular whale has killed before,maybe it is safe to say that they should let it be WILD in the wild(sea).Otherwise,what a show !
lealmommie

Whittier, CA

#27 Feb 25, 2010
this is a good reason why you leave the animals alone. Now dont get me wrong. i love going to Sea world and the zoo, but think about it. that is not their habit. they need space to be free. I would go NUTTY if I was caged up all day and people were looking and me making all kinds of noise,. they need to be in there habit. its not the animals fault when we take them from their habit. whenI go to the zoo sonetimes I feel bad for the the animals. they look sad. like they have a big lion in a small area thats sad........... I go because my kids LOVE ITTTT.. but i do feel bad for them.
omg

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Feb 25, 2010
That Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The Whale doesn't rob people, the whale doesn't molest teenage girls, the whale doesn't cost the taxpayers millions, the whale doesn't reproduce like crazy, the whale doesn't bring millions of other whales into the US!
There you go!
Wow!How STUPID!Free whales and put you in a tank!
Movie Man

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Feb 25, 2010
If any of you have seen the Oscar nominated documentary, The Cove, you would have a VERY different opinion of places like Sea World.

http://thecovemovie.com/

Check it out. You will never spend another dime at Sea World.

FREE the whale

Sullivan, IN

#32 Feb 25, 2010
lealmommie wrote:
this is a good reason why you leave the animals alone. Now dont get me wrong. i love going to Sea world and the zoo, but think about it. that is not their habit. they need space to be free. I would go NUTTY if I was caged up all day and people were looking and me making all kinds of noise,. they need to be in there habit. its not the animals fault when we take them from their habit. whenI go to the zoo sonetimes I feel bad for the the animals. they look sad. like they have a big lion in a small area thats sad.......... I go because my kids LOVE ITTTT.. but i do feel bad for them.
Thats just grand your kids love it. What are you teaching them?
You dont believe its right but you still go. Thats supporting what you dont believe in. Arent you suppose to pass your beliefs onto your children?

What you said is its wrong but I will still support it. Dont wonder whats wrong with certain things in this world, because your part of the problem..

Its against the law to hold another human against its will. Why is it any different for a whale because it cant speak.
Well it spoke out the only way it knew how!!!!

FREE THE WHALE!!!!!!!
I smell a lawsuit

Long Beach, CA

#33 Feb 25, 2010
That was a lot of CYA from the spokeperson from Seaworld. For years, amusement parks have gotten away with murder for not protecting park goers or employees. They should free the whales now!
shrapnel

Burbank, CA

#34 Feb 25, 2010
Movie Man wrote:
If any of you have seen the Oscar nominated documentary, The Cove, you would have a VERY different opinion of places like Sea World.
http://thecovemovie.com/
Check it out. You will never spend another dime at Sea World.
Thanks movie man, will check that doc out, looks riveting.
resident

Marina Del Rey, CA

#35 Feb 25, 2010
James Dean wrote:
That's why they're called killer whales.
You would think someone would have figured that out they are killer whales not meant to be put on display and made to do a few tricks to make bucks off them, let the whales all of them in captivity free, they are meant to roam the ocean the big wide ocean not a dam tank.
Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Feb 25, 2010
Too bad her parents didn't encourage her to become a marine biologist or veterinarian instead of an animal trainer. Kids, don't play acrobatics with wild animals. It's not safe, really it's not.
Bill of Rights

United States

#37 Feb 25, 2010
Helloooooo It's in the name!!!!

It's not called a "love you" whale!

It's called "killer" whale people!

That's what happens when mother nature get's ugly.

PS. I think it's Congresses fault.
Bill of Rights

United States

#38 Feb 25, 2010
Would that make this a "serial" killer whale?

Just curious???
FREE the whale wrote:
This story was just on ABC world news.
This whale has been known to be aggressive and has killed before.
Do we blame a whale that is held like a prisoner?
Of course this whale is aggressive and or angry its locked up like it has done something wrong.
Its wrong to keep these whales in captivity.
Imagine being these great creatures of the sea and are MADE to jump threw hoops for our entertainment.
They must feel some kind of humilation, that turns into ANGER.
This whale clearly wants out and is only going after what is holding it captive.
Its being held against its will, Period!
FREE THE WHALE!!!!!!
RIP to the women trainer.

Since: Feb 10

United States

#39 Feb 25, 2010
No animal should be held without their will. It's modern day slavery, making animal do tricks. I thought happy feet all taught us something about catching animals for display.

“LISTEN UP PEOPLE”

Since: Nov 09

belvedere

#40 Feb 25, 2010
i saw some doucumentary that said 80% of all animal trainers die a gruesome death, i dont have much interest animal acts, it just doesnt seem right.

Since: Jun 09

Covina/Glendora

#42 Feb 25, 2010
Pico Boy wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has accused the whale of being an illegal Mexican Immigrant.
That's what I'm used to seeing in here.
That's cuz the whale was black.
FREE the whale

Sullivan, IN

#43 Feb 25, 2010
Bill of Rights wrote:
Would that make this a "serial" killer whale?
Just curious???
<quoted text>
With all the labeling on everything nowadays, sure why not. Add it to the list.

FREE THE WHALE!!!!!!!
Pico Boy

United States

#44 Feb 25, 2010
I Heart Glendora wrote:
<quoted text>

That's funny, rascist but funny.
resident

Marina Del Rey, CA

#45 Feb 25, 2010
I Heart Glendora wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi IHG, How have been ? Hey the weather is gonna start getting nice again ,spring is around the corner are you getting the taco ready, I was thinking we can park at all the local farmer markets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 min Trojan 32,718
Review: KCLA-TV Los Angeles on LA71 2 hr Interested 16
Trump's CIA To Take Gang Leaders 3 hr TANK 4
Pacheco Donkey signs are Legal Tuttle Wins 4 hr Stop Dictatorship 1
Police Chief Interviews on Monday 4 hr Watching Appointment 1
News Thousands gather in downtown LA for women's march 4 hr Political Atheist 4
Pacheco and Lozano Code Enforcing trough City M... 4 hr Evil Lozano Pacheco 1

San Gabriel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Gabriel Mortgages