Whale kills SeaWorld trainer as guest...

Whale kills SeaWorld trainer as guests watch

There are 56 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Whale kills SeaWorld trainer as guests watch. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Officials in Florida say a veteran 40-year-old trainer at SeaWorld was killed by a whale when she slipped and fell in its tank.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“LISTEN UP PEOPLE”

Since: Nov 09

belvedere

#1 Feb 24, 2010
that sucks
Banger Hater

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2010
Sad. I dont understand how this is a news story when there is not much to the story.
LA County Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 24, 2010
Thats why we should never take animals out of their natural habitat and put them on for a show for profit. Ugh!
King of SGV

Buena Park, CA

#4 Feb 24, 2010
You shouldn't cage(or in this case "tank")a wild animal who should be free to roam the seas...
So when do we see the video?
James Dean

Upland, CA

#5 Feb 24, 2010
That's why they're called killer whales.

Since: Feb 10

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2010
LA County Resident wrote:
Thats why we should never take animals out of their natural habitat and put them on for a show for profit. Ugh!
I guess you did not see Free Willy
FREE the whale

Sullivan, IN

#7 Feb 24, 2010
This story was just on ABC world news.
This whale has been known to be aggressive and has killed before.

Do we blame a whale that is held like a prisoner?

Of course this whale is aggressive and or angry its locked up like it has done something wrong.

Its wrong to keep these whales in captivity.

Imagine being these great creatures of the sea and are MADE to jump threw hoops for our entertainment.
They must feel some kind of humilation, that turns into ANGER.
This whale clearly wants out and is only going after what is holding it captive.
Its being held against its will, Period!

FREE THE WHALE!!!!!!

RIP to the women trainer.
That Dude

West Covina, CA

#8 Feb 24, 2010
Don't skip feeding time right before the show!
Rez

Sherman Oaks, CA

#9 Feb 24, 2010
RIP Dawn
FREE the whale

Sullivan, IN

#10 Feb 24, 2010
FREE THE WHALE!!! It wants out!

Its telling us the only way it knows how.

“"DNFTT"”

Since: Feb 08

Sanford, FL

#11 Feb 24, 2010
Wow, people never seize to amaze me. Dawn was doing exactly what she wanted to in life, what she thought was her "calling" and despite the risks she did it everyday. You think it's good for the whale? Then I would like to see you in the tank with a huge cut. Since when is an animals life higher and more impt. then a humans?
Boss

Hesperia, CA

#12 Feb 24, 2010
Hey the Siegfried and Roy tiger nutted out a few years ago, maybe the fish just couldn't take it anymore....
Juan Garcia

Keene, CA

#14 Feb 24, 2010
I just heard on the radio this whale is a serial killer whale! He was 1 of 3 whales involved in a killing in a park I think in Canada. They also found a dead person on this whales back at yet another park in I believe Florida.
He is one mad whale!
concerned citizen

Lynchburg, VA

#15 Feb 24, 2010
Another article says that the whale involved in the current incident it the same whale- Tilikum and that he has been connected with two other deaths prior to this one!-both in amusement park settings. I think it is time that he retires to a large area with distance from people. He should be allowed to live as naturally as possible, because this isn't his fault. I don't know that he should be placed back out in the wild because clearly he could do this if he is encountered at sea, but this poor whale has clearly indicated that he can snap. This is not right to keep him in this situation or environment at Sea World or allow for the possibility for another person that bonds with him as a trainer to be endangered and lose their life.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/...
james 626

United States

#16 Feb 24, 2010
LOL That Daniel Dukes guy at the end of the story sounds like a real moron.
ah me duele

El Segundo, CA

#17 Feb 24, 2010
por pendeja
ah me duele

El Segundo, CA

#19 Feb 24, 2010
good ...we can add one more moran to the Darwin list
Pico Boy

Monterey Park, CA

#20 Feb 24, 2010
I'm surprised nobody has accused the whale of being an illegal Mexican Immigrant.
That's what I'm used to seeing in here.
just saying

West Covina, CA

#21 Feb 24, 2010
FREE the whale wrote:
This story was just on ABC world news.
This whale has been known to be aggressive and has killed before.
Do we blame a whale that is held like a prisoner?
Of course this whale is aggressive and or angry its locked up like it has done something wrong.
Its wrong to keep these whales in captivity.
Imagine being these great creatures of the sea and are MADE to jump threw hoops for our entertainment.
They must feel some kind of humilation, that turns into ANGER.
This whale clearly wants out and is only going after what is holding it captive.
Its being held against its will, Period!
FREE THE WHALE!!!!!!
RIP to the women trainer.
I totally agree with you!
Lisa

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Feb 24, 2010
Pico Boy wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has accused the whale of being an illegal Mexican Immigrant.
That's what I'm used to seeing in here.
So true Pico. The posters give whales a lot leeway just as long as they are not too close to the tank!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
were his all the og sgv taggers at (Dec '07) 10 hr Big2down626 1,048
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Poster X 34,162
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Anybody Anywhere 21,174
Byron's Back! (in spirit) 16 hr flurnet 9
Something's up on City Council 20 hr Pell call the Feds 7
I like bacon, but don't want a hog farm next do... 20 hr Sad but true 21
Why was CM at city hall on Sunday morning? 20 hr Orange jumpsuits ... 31

San Gabriel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Gabriel Mortgages