Craigslist's Most Wanted

Craigslist's Most Wanted

Posted in the SoMa Forum

Since: Jun 11

United States

#1 Jun 2, 2011
Dear innocent, trusting, and unsuspecting Craigslisters,

Yesterday, I received a response to my Craigslist post from someone by the alias: "Jenny McRein",(email adress: [email protected]", which magically just suddenly changed into [email protected]). According to his/her email, she's interested to purchase my Craigslist item as a gift to her son. However, she's at sea working as a marine engineer, and would like for me to set-up a Paypal account, and give her my Paypal email address. She also added that she had no access to online banking. OH REALLY??? So I Googled "Jenny Mcrein", and low and behold: there she was also trying to scam another man on Craigslist last April for a $4,000 ticket item, but she failed. I was totally flabbergasted, because only an idiot scammer would use the same alias twice. Furthermore, the body of her email to this unsuspecting victim was totally identical to mine, word-for-word. Was she running out of aliases or things to lie about? Perhaps, she has to meet a certain quota for the day, so she frantically just cut and pasted her emails to the millions of people she's about to scam, not even realizing who and what she's emailing anymore. Or maybe a computer program does the dirty work for her automatically. So all she had to do is simply sit back, and relax, while wait like a spider for a poor fly sap to get tangled into her web of lies.

I still give everyone the benefit of a doubt, but she ranked like a dead rat a mile away, especially when she said she's away at sea, and will send for a pickup agent to collect the item from my house. Like I really need to tell a total stranger where I live. Okay!!! So instead, I played along and called her bluff, telling her that I only do a person to person cash transaction, and require a signed bill of sale in the presence of my attorney, or a certified public notary officer, and if she's paying cash that we both be in front of a teller inside a bank to see to it that the cash she's about to give me is not counterfeit. Finally, I said to her that if that's ok with her, and she's still interested, then we certainly should meet in a public place, while she lets me video our entire transaction from start to finish for my personal safety, and for hard evidence in case of any future legal disputes that may arise. And if she graciously agree to all this, and she's still interested, then maybe, just maybe, she is indeed an honorable and legitimate Craigslist buyer. A scammer's worst nightmare is a person who's on the know, and who's on to them, and their dirty little tricks every step of the way. This may sound quite severe for any potential buyer, but can anyone blame me? Look how many innocent victims are there, because they didn't do their homework?

Brockton, MA

#2 Jul 14, 2013
OMG.... We had the same person contact us to buy a boat. The identical script. This happened May 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SoMa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawyer: Timbuktu residents felt shame after sit... Aug '16 Claudius Augustus... 3
News San Francisco hotels build beehives for honey, ... May '16 Sherrie 1
News a Zero energya vision for California homes May '16 Solarman 1
News Diversity highlighted at L.A. Asian Pacific Fil... May '16 frofro 3
News San Francisco is the no. 2 city for transit (Dec '15) Dec '15 MILLER - ACE 2
News Beloved Bernal Heights Martial Arts Studio Knoc... (Sep '15) Sep '15 savethemission 1
is my wife cheating? (May '15) May '15 dirty dad 1

SoMa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

SoMa Mortgages