Since: Oct 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Proposition 19 would change California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed:

- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.

- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.

- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.

- Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.

How will you vote on November 2?
juan

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

yes
Lee

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

NO
George D Horwitz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

I long ago stopped using marijuana, so I am only commenting as a disinterested observer at this point,but there are I think two things worth considering.
1.) Pot's presently against the law, so anyone using it is breaking the law. So if millions of Americans are out breaking that law, might they not be easily led to breaking other laws? I do not favor having such a lax attitude for the law.
Many people think laws are stupid and they break them. Slippery slope.
2.) If we decriminalize marijuana, that might lead to less criminal activity. It might not, but it might.
For twelve years, alcohol was illegal in the United States, and this gave rise to a gangster class we now call The Mafia. It also lead to a more accepting attitude among previously law-abiding citizens toward criminal activities like drug dealing, hiring imigrants without papers, fraudulent lending, tax evasion, the whole enchilada. Many Americans engage in some form of criminal activity, and I am not convinced that changing the rules governing pot will change our attitude at this late date.
Significant opponents of pot law reform include the folks who make beer and liquor.
Liz Arndt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Historically, prohibition against anything has been ineffective.
Bob Marley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Legalize it, don't criticize it.
The Avenger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Yes, let's legalize it. After all, it is no more dangerous than cigarettes and cigars. If you really think that, I challenge you to a trial. I'll get in my car and you in yours, we'll both chain-smoke as we drive the Freeways fom LAX to Fraser Park. See which one makes it??? Har-Har!
Certified AOD Counselor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

The problem, if Prop. 19 passes (and I am one of the "YES" votes!), will be that EVERY city and county in the state will have to make a decision as to whether marijuana can be sold or cultivated or possessed, within their local jurisdiction! That means ALL 58 Counties, PLUS ALL 481 incorporated cities in CA, will have to decide if marijuana is "legal" at a SPECIFIC local level. Some cities will still say no to it, for the revenue that citing people for possessing it, or growing it "illegally" will bring.
It will be interesting to see WHERE in CA, marijuana will be "legal" 1 year after Election Day!
tinamo

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

I am voting no. Have just a couple of basic questions? Who will be going to their homes to measure the regulated grow? Department of Agriculture? How are these users really going to keep the weed away from their kids and their friends? What breathalyzer test are we going to use when some one is under the influence and driving?
BAD Posts

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Glendora garbage.
KrazyKyngeKorny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

CitizenTopix wrote:
Proposition 19 would change California Law
...How will you vote on November 2?
And illegal immigration is also illegal. Where does that get us? We have a HUGE population of illegal aliens, and the feds, whose law prohibits them does nothing to stop them.
Jimbo

Turlock, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Im all for it. I smoke it everie hour im awaik. As and offishal i can say i stronglie support it. Vote Scattinni for police cheif there two.

fiting for you!
Jimbo
BAD Posts

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Still more garbage.
SMOKE POT GO TO JAIL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

smoke dope i'll put you in jail.
BAD Posts

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Cheech and Chong.
Ron Locke

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

juan wrote:
yes
Sorry Juan. And here I thought you were a Half-wit. My apologies.
So Sorry

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Pot will be legalized because some big industries see the profits that they can make. The alcoholic beverage industry is unhappy and so is the incarceration industry. It is just a question of time and business mergers until enough corporations see themselves in the position to reign in some of the windfall. Latest then pot will be made legal in the nation by federal.
Ron Locke

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

George D Horwitz wrote:
I long ago stopped using marijuana, so I am only commenting as a disinterested observer at this point,but there are I think two things worth considering.
1.) Pot's presently against the law, so anyone using it is breaking the law. So if millions of Americans are out breaking that law, might they not be easily led to breaking other laws? I do not favor having such a lax attitude for the law.
Many people think laws are stupid and they break them. Slippery slope.
2.) If we decriminalize marijuana, that might lead to less criminal activity. It might not, but it might.
For twelve years, alcohol was illegal in the United States, and this gave rise to a gangster class we now call The Mafia. It also lead to a more accepting attitude among previously law-abiding citizens toward criminal activities like drug dealing, hiring imigrants without papers, fraudulent lending, tax evasion, the whole enchilada. Many Americans engage in some form of criminal activity, and I am not convinced that changing the rules governing pot will change our attitude at this late date.
Significant opponents of pot law reform include the folks who make beer and liquor.
Oh, My. What a good citizen. George, you might want to stay out of my way. I was given a ticket for going 75 MPH on the freeway just out of Sacto. No telling what a Scofflaw like me might do next.
BAD Posts

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Floundering in it's own ink.
JustDJ

Santa Clarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

SMOKE POT GO TO JAIL wrote:
smoke dope i'll put you in jail.
Not after the people you work for have their say on the ballots. Remember your oath.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

SoMa News Video

•••
•••

SoMa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

SoMa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE