Eagle Tavern, S.F. gay landmark, saved

Eagle Tavern, S.F. gay landmark, saved

There are 11 comments on the SFGate story from Aug 29, 2012, titled Eagle Tavern, S.F. gay landmark, saved. In it, SFGate reports that:

Should it be named a historical landmark in the hopes of returning it to its proud heritage as one of the most popular gay bars in the South of Market district? Or should it be sold to new owners, as planned, with the acknowledgement that even in San Francisco, time does indeed march on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#1 Aug 29, 2012
Yea! The Eagle lives!
Fire Chief

El Segundo, CA

#2 Aug 29, 2012
Historical landmark?
My ass.
Burn it down.
CHAS

Denver, CO

#3 Aug 29, 2012
It is a bar.
Surely gays can come up with better memorials than bars.
Stonewall could be an exception.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Aug 29, 2012
CHAS wrote:
It is a bar.
The Statue of Liberty is a lesbian
Is that gay enough for you?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6 Aug 29, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, give them Queers a break, most of them probably su;cked their first dick there.
"THOSE Queers", not "THEM Queers"

You really are NOT too educated, are you?

Wot's rong? Didja ditch that dai frum yore hom skoolin' or sumpin'? Or wuz yore maw a horibul teecher?

Palm Springs, California

#7 Aug 29, 2012
CHAS wrote:
It is a bar.
The Stonewall is dull and stupid and if not for its historical place, it would have been closed long ago, in fact, it was closed for years and years. The new owners barely are aware of its background. When I was in New York last, it had big photos of "Glee" in front, that they showed it on Tuesday night. I like "Glee" but somehow it does NOT hold up the gravitas of the place.

As for the Eagle, oh, my, was it THE place in its day. I was going there 20 years ago and it was not new then. Good times, good times.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Aug 29, 2012
I'll have to stop in and down a couple.

Good luck to the new legacy holders.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#12 Aug 30, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Queer Curteese, is that where you got a dick up your A$$ for the first time?? I'm sure it's very memorable for you. HaHaHaHa. No doubt that's the place where you enjoyed your first dessert also, Shi+ on a Dick. HaHaHaHa. Be careful not to burp while talking Fa$$ot, you just might hit ole Luke in the face with a wet fart. LMFAO
Now let's talk about the orgasmless sex any partner of yours has had to endure. Needing a magnifying glass to see your dick, asking you "is it in yet?" as you try to hump her, she wondering what is on TV and waiting with gritted teeth for you to finish so she can get up and leave...

The real question is why you are so obsessed with what other people do and how they enjoy their bodies. What difference does it make to you? Who cares? Aren't you enjoying yours, even if it IS in a typical, limited, denying-of-90%-of-your-erogeno us-zones str8 male way?

You really are to be pitied, but your foul attitude makes that difficult.

You are miserable, and every post you write only reveals it.

I'd be laughing my f###### a$$ off at you, but the best emotional response I can work up for you is mild disgust.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#14 Aug 30, 2012
Wow! That brings back a lot of memories of queer bar hopping in my younger days. Party all night and watch the sun rise on either Twin Peaks or Mt. Tam. Oh to be young again, I would do it all over exactly the same way. Good for the Eagle.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#15 Aug 30, 2012
CHAS wrote:
It is a bar.
It would be difficult to come up with many. For years, GLBT people were forbidden from congregating anywhere. Also, openly GLBT people before Stonewall and in some places for many years afterwards were unemployed due to discrimination. Add to that a tendency to have smaller households (now changing due to more GLBT people raising children) and you have a group that is less likely to own single family homes that could be plaque'd if an activist lived in one.

Palm Springs, California

#16 Aug 30, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way Fa$$ot, I'm sure glad you acknowledge the word Queer now. LMFAO
I always do, Cletus. In fact, I honor the word. Recall a little TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" a couple of years ago. It was WILDLY successful. I'm glad you always use the upper case "Q".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

SoMa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump Pinatas Take Over San Francisco's ... 15 hr ronnie 5
alameda enoch wins last minute 400 million vote... Aug 14 JOSH ENOCH NOV 2012 1
News Father of SF Shooting Victim Urges Immigration ... Jul '15 wild child 1
News San Francisco pier shooting suspect admits to s... Jul '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News San Francisco: Nation's first homeless shelter ... Jun '15 VeganTiger 6
News Downtown Daytona to get a Hamburger Mary's Jun '15 neal259 1
is my wife cheating? May '15 dirty dad 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

SoMa Mortgages