Biosolid energy coming soon?

There are 19 comments on the Feb 16, 2010, The Reporter story titled Biosolid energy coming soon?. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Many Bay Area agencies are banking on a future in which a flush of the toilet could help create an endless supply of green renewable energy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Interesting.
jose

San Jose, CA

#2 Feb 16, 2010
"extensive public outreach campaign and environmental impact report".
This means it is going to cost the taxpaying public big bucks.
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#3 Feb 16, 2010
If I wanted to smell burning human excrement every day, I'd live in San Ysidro in southern California - just across the border and (usually) down wind from Tijuana, MX.
Jim

Vacaville, CA

#4 Feb 16, 2010
Mike wrote:
If I wanted to smell burning human excrement every day, I'd live in San Ysidro in southern California - just across the border and (usually) down wind from Tijuana, MX.
But if just want to smell it drying in the sun, like fine raisins, you can choose to live in Vacaville or Elmira, since that's what's done here. Then it gets sold to be spread on crops. Would you rather have it in your food, or burned for energy?
Dr Earth

San Francisco, CA

#5 Feb 16, 2010
From Toilet to Table
Lately Government has been extensively promoting use of bio solids as fertilizers as a measure to dump away the huge piles of dried sludge after drying . Questions have been raised from time to time on safety and quality of these biosolid based organic fertilizers. But the answers to the questions do not give clarity on the issue of them being totally safe. Moreover a century is gone since the first official use of the biosolids as fertilizers, the policies and the quality control measures are still not in place. Most of the studies have been carried out by individual researchers and agencies to assess the risk of introduction of biosolid wastes into cropping systems ,as they inevitably reach food webs shared by plants, animals and humans. I am of the opinion that if we could harness the metabolic by-products of the microbial activity from within biosolids, it is far better than dumping them on agricultural fields or using them as cheap fillers for soil amendments such that could have potential harm risks.
Milo
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#6 Feb 16, 2010
Ah, the scent of the air in Vacaville when the wind is blowing by way of the Hay Road garbage dump!
Armed

San Ramon, CA

#7 Feb 16, 2010
This isnt a new idea. Its a good idea in my opinion , a better way of responsibly handling waste. Its isnt necessarily just human waste either. All sorts of bio-waste could be efficiently and cleanly converted into fuel oil to power electric generating plants thru steam producing furnaces.
George

Saratoga, CA

#8 Feb 16, 2010
Tremendous! We have been given the low flush toilets by the green weenies. Told to use one square for a wipe! Now recycled your tank water?

How much will this system cost the owner and the tax payer?

Hey! Take you Climate Gate and your tidy selves for a magical mystery tour! Flush it! Stop running my life for your happiness!
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#9 Feb 16, 2010
George wrote:
Tremendous! We have been given the low flush toilets by the green weenies. Told to use one square for a wipe! Now recycled your tank water?
How much will this system cost the owner and the tax payer?
Hey! Take you Climate Gate and your tidy selves for a magical mystery tour! Flush it! Stop running my life for your happiness!
Just wait till the water supply dries up and we all are forced to drink "recycled" urine
Shattered Dreams

Stockton, CA

#10 Feb 16, 2010
Let's build a pipeline from each wastewater treatment plant direct to the California Legislature. Then we can send the biosolids directly to them. They give us all kinds of s---, now we can give some back to them.
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Shattered Dreams wrote:
Let's build a pipeline from each wastewater treatment plant direct to the California Legislature. Then we can send the biosolids directly to them. They give us all kinds of s---, now we can give some back to them.
ROFLMAOAAPMP! That's the best damn idea I've heard in a long time.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Shattered Dreams wrote:
Best idea yet! I was thinking of a "s--- in" - West Steps Capitol Mall just about lunch time when these useless leeches are going to meet for their liquid lunches.
Bob

Oakland, CA

#13 Feb 16, 2010
If you want to catch them at lunch go to Lucas, that's where a lot of them hang out including the Governator.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 16, 2010
He's also a big fan of Spataro on L.
Mike

San Jose, CA

#15 Feb 16, 2010
And Esquire Grill - 13th & K
Jerry

Vacaville, CA

#16 Feb 16, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
He's also a big fan of Spataro on L.
Is that the area where you panhandle Granny ?
Mike

San Jose, CA

#17 Feb 16, 2010
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Maroon

Location hidden

#18 Feb 16, 2010
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Troll. The real Max could punctuate. Look that up,little girl.
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#19 Feb 16, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Maroon
Nitwit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco Woman Seeks Boyfriend with 54-Foo... Mar '15 cogent 2
News Optometrist passes vision on to his son Feb '15 Angela K 1
News Sex, nudity and erotica in SF Feb '15 Hunny Lemon 3
News San Francisco celebrates gay marriage rulings (Jun '13) Jan '15 Gay and know better 4
News S.F. Comedy fest to feature 'Weird Al' tribute Jan '15 Marcavage s Trick 2
News Comparisons: What $3,300/Month Rents You in San... (Aug '14) Dec '14 Citizen 11
News Arrest Made In San Francisco Sunset Dist. Murder (Mar '07) Nov '14 princess 691
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]