Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
156,381 - 156,400 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no logical defense? Huh? Why would I defend your meaningless platitudes when you can't even do that?
But, silly, you aren't defending Kimare, you are arguing against the wisdom that Kimare offers...As the child argues against the wisdom of the adult.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage has nothing to do with procreation why can't I marry my sister?
Now try to come up with an argument against incest marriage.
You are using logic to confuse Chongo. Inevitably. Logic and Chongo....What a conflict...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Last time I checked the topic was Judge overturns Prop 8.
Thank you, for trying to keep Big D on topic.
Round about

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

It's a well known secret, Douglas Tessitor married into the Colley Ford family has help the Colley faily out of so many financial problems with his influence on the Glendora, california city council. Getting then Redevelopment monies on a couple time periods.

Money floats back around to his pockets sooner or later through his wife or a free vaction paid by the Colleys.

Calexico Police Officers noticed that the brand new Ford F-150 pickup truck, were able to trace the pickup to the (Glendora, California) Colley Ford dealership.

The Calexico police had to wake up the (Mayberry)Glendora Police of the grand theft auto from Douglas Tessitors family owned dealership.

Sounds like a inside job, someone was paying soemone off and taking a insurance write off, isn't insurance one of Dougies side lines?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer the question, why shouldn't "marriage equality", extend to other forms of marriage, primarily plural marriage.
He won't be able to answer that.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Will Obama bring up the gay marriage Supreme Court case at his State of the union speech?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
My mistake. Make that sixty-six. I forgot about your dad.
Maybe let your straight man JizmBird58 be the comedian of your team for a while. He's funnier when he gets mad.
Perp Walk

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

GOP trash in congress forment disharmony, they all should be taken out in handcuffs and made to do the perp walk in front of tghe camera's.

A Republican congressman says he's invited rocker Ted Nugent, who has referred to President Barack Obama's administration as "evil, America-hating," to the State of the Union address.

Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas said Monday on his website that Nugent will be his guest for the president's speech Tuesday night. Stockman has talked of impeaching Obama over his gun-control proposals.

In a speech to the National Rifle Association during the 2012 campaign, Nugent said that if Obama were re-elected, the longtime gun-control opponent would either be "dead or in jail."

Nugent's remarks led to meetings with representatives of the Secret Service.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez said another guest would be Gabino Sanchez of South Carolina. Gutierrez described Sanchez as a husband, father and an illegal immigrant fighting deportation.
Happy Anniversary 1913

Dalton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Liberalism itself has been ruining this nation inside and out since the hippy movement. What it is that has been lacking over time and playing itself out here in America for many many years and that is there are literally ZERO people within our governing process that adheres to or promotes the principles of morality and common sense anymore.
It is astonishing of how lacking of such virtues can bring a county, a state, and a nation to the day of reckoning. Now that liberals have another four years and absolutely NOTHING planned to benefit ALL citizens will we see a serious downturn here and abroad and all you will hear and see is fingerpointing from a man that never held a job in the private sector. This President has no plan.

Goodbye Rome

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe let your straight man JizmBird58 be the comedian of your team for a while. He's funnier when he gets mad.
Really why you mad, If you want to be a Coc*k hound go for it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthought...

A Question for Same-Sex Marriage Advocates
Thursday, December 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
Matthew Schmitz | @matthewschmitz

There’s a delicious ending to Matt Franck’s piece at Public Discourse today. An advocate of same-sex marriage ridicules appeals to the definition of marriage and to tradition by same-sex marriage skeptics, only to make the same appeals when faced with the question of polygamy:

[Lambda Legal attorney Hayley Gorenberg] had begun, in her prepared remarks, by calling on a standard of “rights” that cannot be defeated by appeals to “tradition.” And she had mocked judges who, in the early decisions on the case for same-sex marriage, had simply turned to a dictionary definition of marriage.

Yet, in her response to my point about plural marriages, Gorenberg herself turned immediately to tradition and to received definitions. Marriage just is a “binary institution,” she asserted, and changing that fact would entail all sorts of inconveniences.(The historic existence of polygamy in many places is proof that these inconveniences are not insurmountable, but this did not slow her down.)

Why mere tradition was now owed such automatic allegiance, she did not pause to explain. Now the prospect of altering a “whole raft of laws” associated with marriage filled her with horror and incredulity. She seemed quite oblivious of the fact that she was making my argument for me. Where was her concern about changing all the details and complexities of a forest of family law planted thick with assumptions about husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, always of opposite sexes?

Same-sex marriage advocates like Gorenberg are guilty of precisely the sin they accuse SSM skeptics of—arbitrary, non-principled exclusion of certain persons from marriage.(Agree or disagree with their principles, the skeptics have offered principled reasons for limiting marriage to two people of the opposite sex.)

The question I have for SSM advocates is this: Do you support polygamy (and just don’t want the public to know) or do you deny that there’s any irony in your incomplete marriage revisionism?
GOP trashers

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

GOP trash in congress forment disharmony, they all should be taken out in handcuffs and made to do the perp walk in front of tghe camera's.

A Republican congressman says he's invited rocker Ted Nugent, who has referred to President Barack Obama's administration as "evil, America-hating," to the State of the Union address.

Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas said Monday on his website that Nugent will be his guest for the president's speech Tuesday night.

Stockman has talked of impeaching Obama over his gun-control proposals.

Like most if not all Texans - they are stupid and dumb as rocks. Remember these pieces of trash from Texas decalred WAR on the United States of America and killed American citizens and solders.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I thnk I am gonna have a kegger, Don't mind the extra traffic in yer head.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Happy Anniversary 1913 wrote:
Liberalism itself has been ruining this nation inside and out since the hippy movement. What it is that has been lacking over time and playing itself out here in America for many many years and that is there are literally ZERO people within our governing process that adheres to or promotes the principles of morality and common sense anymore.
It is astonishing of how lacking of such virtues can bring a county, a state, and a nation to the day of reckoning. Now that liberals have another four years and absolutely NOTHING planned to benefit ALL citizens will we see a serious downturn here and abroad and all you will hear and see is fingerpointing from a man that never held a job in the private sector. This President has no plan.
Goodbye Rome
You are a typical con dumb, so you won't haven an answer. You just parrot the right wing lines.
But here we go:
When were our morals better, and what made them better?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.firstthings.com/blo gs/firstthoughts/2011/12/15/a- question-for-same-sex-marriage -advocates/
There’s a delicious ending to Matt Franck’s piece at Public Discourse today. An advocate of same-sex marriage ridicules appeals to the definition of marriage and to tradition by same-sex marriage skeptics, only to make the same appeals when faced with the question of polygamy:
Start a forum about polygamy.
Kim Moreno Parishioner

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

AMEN
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a typical con dumb, so you won't haven an answer. You just parrot the right wing lines.
But here we go:
When were our morals better, and what made them better?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Start a forum about polygamy.
No. This is a perfectly good thread marriage equality thread.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.firstthings.com/blo gs/firstthoughts/2011/12/15/a- question-for-same-sex-marriage -advocates/
[Lambda Legal attorney Hayley Gorenberg] had begun, in her prepared remarks, by calling on a standard of “rights” that cannot be defeated by appeals to “tradition.” And she had mocked judges who, in the early decisions on the case for same-sex marriage, had simply turned to a dictionary definition of marriage.
Yet, in her response to my point about plural marriages, Gorenberg herself turned immediately to tradition and to received definitions. Marriage just is a “binary institution,” she asserted, and changing that fact would entail all sorts of inconveniences.(The historic existence of polygamy in many places is proof that these inconveniences are not insurmountable, but this did not slow her down.)
Why mere tradition was now owed such automatic allegiance, she did not pause to explain. Now the prospect of altering a “whole raft of laws” associated with marriage filled her with horror and incredulity. She seemed quite oblivious of the fact that she was making my argument for me. Where was her concern about changing all the details and complexities of a forest of family law planted thick with assumptions about husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, always of opposite sexes?
Same-sex marriage advocates like Gorenberg are guilty of precisely the sin they accuse SSM skeptics of—arbitrary, non-principled exclusion of certain persons from marriage.(Agree or disagree with their principles, the skeptics have offered principled reasons for limiting marriage to two people of the opposite sex.)
The question I have for SSM advocates is this: Do you support polygamy (and just don’t want the public to know) or do you deny that there’s any irony in your incomplete marriage revisionism?
Seriously, who gives a mangina about plural marriage? It's a red herring argument and you've turned into a one-trick pony just like Kimare.

Marry 15 women for all I care.

In the meantime, SSM has NO bearing on anyone's life other than the two individuals involved.
Hot gassers

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Blow it out your catalitic converter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Donny B 7,922
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Aug 24 Mono 4,996
Comparisons: What $3,300/Month Rents You in San... Aug 8 g 7
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Aug 6 starbucks 2,262
Stalking The Guys Of "Looking" Across San Franc... Jul '14 lgbt is silly 1
For One Undocumented German, San Francisco Is N... (Feb '12) Jul '14 parekhnikunj 2
•••

Richmond News Video

•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••