Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,980

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179223 Feb 11, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Goats cannot enter into contracts. And the marry your goat argument is stupid. You can have sex with your goat only if he likes it!
Otherwise I'm telling on you. It's illegal. But probably not in Modesto! So you've got a loophole.
I am just saying... before you get there I wanted you to know up front.

and please do not post any pictures of the wedding or worse
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179224 Feb 11, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I am here to discuss the topic, marriage equality. Which of course includes the slippery slope and marriage in all it's many forms.Not just forms you approve of.
You are here to troll me, because I hurt your feelings and you are too dumb to respond intelligently.
I am here to discuss the topic too, as religious influence in the US declines justice and equality are coming forward, repressed for generations.

As one of the largest hate groups in the world loses influence many wrongs are being set right.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#179226 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here to discuss the topic too, as religious influence in the US declines justice and equality are coming forward, repressed for generations.
As one of the largest hate groups in the world loses influence many wrongs are being set right.
Last time I checked the topic was Judge overturns Prop 8.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179227 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and the slippery slope argument continues, he has gone from poly, now to incest, wait and watch folks... goats will be coming soon.
Or you can read the comic book
Please answer the question, why shouldn't "marriage equality", extend to other forms of marriage, primarily plural marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179228 Feb 11, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer the question, why shouldn't "marriage equality", extend to other forms of marriage, primarily plural marriage.
Take your case to the courts with the backing needed, make your arguments, and I will weigh in on it.

For right now, I could simply care less, the issue before the courts has nothing to do with this, and will have a sum zero impact on it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#179229 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your case to the courts with the backing needed, make your arguments, and I will weigh in on it.
Why not offer an opinion now?
For right now, I could simply care less, the issue before the courts has nothing to do with this, and will have a sum zero impact on it.
Why are you afraid to even offer an opinion. Why shouldn't "marriage equality" include plural marriage?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179230 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just saying... before you get there I wanted you to know up front.
and please do not post any pictures of the wedding or worse
Your marry your goat argument is typical of homophobes like yourself.

It's stupid and no reason to deny marriage equality for committed consenting adult humans.

Try again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179231 Feb 11, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not offer an opinion now?
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid to even offer an opinion. Why shouldn't "marriage equality" include plural marriage?
My opinion is that I could care less

it is currently a dying concept, declining with the decline of religious fundamentalism, and the actions of far too many adherents of it.

You could not get enough signatures to put that on a ballot.

You want to make it a big deal here, cause you will just talk about it a lot, but it is meaningless. The case currently before the courts have no bearing whatsoever on it.

I not opposed to the general concept of it, but the way it has been used lately by far too of the adherents of it is despicable and often criminal.

Once those stains ( welfare fraud and child abuse ) are far enough removed, and more civilized advocates of it come forward, then progress on this might be made. I am guessing at least a couple of decades.

Then it will be a subject of interest
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179232 Feb 11, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Last time I checked the topic was Judge overturns Prop 8.
You tell him Janey-Doody!

This "Big D" jackass goes on and on about religion like some quacked out fundie on hillbilly crack!

He thinks religion should be injected into marriage rights, and into people's lives who don't want to hear it.

What a jackass eh, Janey?
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179233 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
it is currently a dying concept, declining with the decline of religious fundamentalism, and the actions of far too many adherents of it.
You want to make it a big deal here, cause you will just talk about it a lot, but it is meaningless. The case currently before the courts have no bearing whatsoever on it.
I not opposed to the general concept of it, but the way it has been used lately by far too of the adherents of it is despicable and often criminal.
Once those stains ( welfare fraud and child abuse ) are far enough removed, and more civilized advocates of it come forward, then progress on this might be made. I am guessing at least a couple of decades.
"I could care less" Yes you could and should care less. You care too much what other people do that doesn't harm you. I wish you would care less! And everyone else against equal rights should care less.

You care so much you wrote a 200 word essay complete with hate, ignorance and bigotry against people you know nothing about except for sensationalized media crap.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179234 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Once the stain of Jeffrey Dahmer is far enough removed maybe more people will support gay rights.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179235 Feb 11, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D's gonna resond: "because it's off topic" And then start rattling on and on about religion!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179236 Feb 11, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"I could care less" Yes you could and should care less. You care too much what other people do that doesn't harm you. I wish you would care less! And everyone else against equal rights should care less.
You care so much you wrote a 200 word essay complete with hate, ignorance and bigotry against people you know nothing about except for sensationalized media crap.
Learn to read

again I am not opposed to the concept, I f you are going to spread that much hatred and contempt against people that are not opposed to it you have zero chance, zipů nada of ever getting anywhere with it, not now or ever.

It is the actions of other people have rendered it moot in the near future.

so I could really care less at this point as there will be no movement on this for a decade or two

Your inabilit
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#179237 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read
again I am not opposed to the concept, I f you are going to spread that much hatred and contempt against people that are not opposed to it you have zero chance, zipů nada of ever getting anywhere with it, not now or ever.
so I could really care less at this point as there will be no movement on this for a decade or two
Your inabilit
It would be VERY interesting to see them asking for signatures at the Mall. "Please sign my petition to legalize polygamy!" Very interesting indeed.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179238 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read
Your inabilit
Learn to write dummy.

I "could care less" means exactly the opposite of what you intended you big dope! What you mean is "I couldn't care less".

Advocating equality is spreading hate and contempt? You're way out there dude! Maybe it's all that religion.
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179239 Feb 11, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>It would be VERY interesting to see them asking for signatures at the Mall. "Please sign my petition to legalize polygamy!" Very interesting indeed.
I don't think so. I remember back when people would say that about same sex advocates though.

I'd sign a petition at the mall for equal rights. Wouldn't you?
FeddEX

Monrovia, CA

#179240 Feb 11, 2013
Whay are we all fed up with these crazy "out of towner" poster's anyway?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#179241 Feb 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage causes harm with a new standard of gender segregation where before, California's marriage law was always integrated, allowing marriage of one man and one woman, for gender diversity.
If you love integration and diversity; keep marriage male female, like it was for mom and dad.
Define that harm and show proof of its existence.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#179242 Feb 11, 2013
Frankie RIzzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to write dummy.
I "could care less" means exactly the opposite of what you intended you big dope! What you mean is "I couldn't care less".
Advocating equality is spreading hate and contempt? You're way out there dude! Maybe it's all that religion.
So the wait for more civilized advocates of it continues

Have not heard from a single one yet
Frankie RIzzo

Union City, CA

#179243 Feb 11, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So the wait for more civilized advocates of it continues
Have not heard from a single one yet
So what? You haven't heard a lot of things I'm sure.

Who cares what you haven't heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr surfboards 7,957
Up Your Alley - Folsom Street Fair - Naked Bodi... (Jul '08) 16 hr jonice 18
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 22 hr theos 2,276
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Anti-gay speech in Richmond draws scrutiny Sep 2 Geena 12
East Bay Teacher Tweets About Wanting to Stab H... Sep 1 Lt Oakland PD 2
•••

Richmond News Video

•••
San Francisco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
•••