California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,079

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Scope

Monrovia, CA

#5034 Aug 27, 2013
The pud knockers have started posting again.
Star

Murrieta, CA

#5035 Aug 28, 2013
tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
I agree...but brown paper bags can be recycled with cardboard and they do not blow around becoming an eye sore.
Star

Murrieta, CA

#5036 Aug 28, 2013
How it is wrote:
Unless we want to become part of the fossil record several thousand years from now like many species that preceded us we had better start figuring out how we are going to survive what comes next.
Food, shelter, and everything else that we need for our existence will ultimately come from different sources as many plants and animals that we currently rely on will disappear and many places that we lived in will become unlivable.
That is just how it is.
You are absolutely correct. We have not stood up for what is right in our country and because we have become used to what is handed to us instead of being informed on the facts we listen to the political base who is only interested in what is in it for themselves and their cronies. We need to see the true direction of those who say they are representing we the people. We truly need to have every politician take a lie detector test just to see if they can be honest and follow our constitution. I am disappointed in our leaders and would love to fire the majority of them. We need term limits.
turn coats

Monrovia, CA

#5037 Aug 28, 2013
State Republicans jump ship, saying it's not our party anymore!
Tommy Tucker

Oakland, CA

#5038 Aug 29, 2013
Are gay plastic bags allowed in Sunnyvale,Ca?
Slogging

Monrovia, CA

#5039 Aug 29, 2013
Didn't you just post a few minutes ago?
Kevin

San Jose, CA

#5040 Aug 29, 2013
A retard state full of crimes, but the idiots have just one solution... no plastic bag.
Climbing

Monrovia, CA

#5041 Aug 29, 2013
104'F and climbing, what a great day.
Tommy Tucker

San Francisco, CA

#5043 Aug 30, 2013
My pants are on fire, but I did not till a lie. I think the hot World has caused my pants to over heat and start on fire. I think this is it, so long old friends.
Casey Bones

San Francisco, CA

#5044 Aug 30, 2013
High temp. in Greenland today 97 F. Polar Bears dieing by the thousands. Eskomo girls walking around nude. Eskomo boys humping the girls.
Reject commies

Monrovia, CA

#5046 Aug 30, 2013
McCarthy hates commies too!

Reject the Communists who rung the local city government of Glendora, California.

August 30, 2013
Okay

Tustin, CA

#5047 Aug 30, 2013
Really?
Flingers

Monrovia, CA

#5048 Aug 30, 2013
This is OK with me.

IRS continues to hound Tea Party Patriots, demands more data for tax-exempt status, they are a bunch of Wall Street scammers anyway.

They all, Tea Party member's can go back to Russia at once.
Sammy

Capitola, CA

#5049 Aug 31, 2013
Same sex plastic bags are allowed in San Francisco,ca.
Wash a wax

Monrovia, CA

#5050 Aug 31, 2013
Where did you say the wash and wax was?
Jewel

Glendora, CA

#5053 Oct 4, 2013
Wash and wax ? Do they armor all too?
Flounders

Azusa, CA

#5054 Oct 4, 2013
Someone really needs to press Speaker of the House John Boehner about why House Republicans are taking their marching orders from a Texas Senator.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5055 Oct 12, 2013
We elected Tea Party Republicans to Congress because we must cut wasteful government spending, repeal intrusive regulations and stop higher taxes. We don't like Obamacare, the House is just doing the job we elected them to do.

We've presented our continuing resolution; since the Senate has rejected it, Obama and Reid have to come up with a compromise that can pass the House. I'd like to see them do their job.
Tea Party Egos

Azusa, CA

#5056 Oct 12, 2013
The entire GOP, Republican's and Tea Party don't have the "right stuff" to shut the US government down and put it into ruin?

There a bunch of little Josie's.

No guts, No glory aren't you people hopped up on your own EGO'S anyway?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#5057 Oct 13, 2013
Tea Party Egos wrote:
The entire GOP, Republican's and Tea Party don't have the "right stuff" to shut the US government down and put it into ruin?
There a bunch of little Josie's.
No guts, No glory aren't you people hopped up on your own EGO'S anyway?
This shutdown is not affecting the economy. Giving in to what the Dems want is very much going to worsen the economy. This shutdown affects some federal workers but the government is making it worse so "The People suffer outcry. They want to be needed so they can take over and grow.

Nobody talks about the next generation having to pay back all the debt the Dumbellcrats want to keep piling on, or is it their intention to cause economic disaster? Ironically, don't the Dumbellcrats understand they will suffer the most when inflation becomes rampant? But they aren't very smart to begin with and then being led by Obozo doesn't help.
Most of Obama's low-info voters don't understand the difference between the national debt and the deficit so they buy into the left's talking point about Obama having made progress on this year's deficit despite the fact that he has added 6 TRILLION to the national debt-- the real threat to our republic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 6 hr g 2,270
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Ultraman 200,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
Great Films Make Palm Springs' Cinema Diverse F... Sep 16 NE Jade 7
Anti-gay speech in Richmond draws scrutiny Sep 2 Geena 12
California man posed as cop to rape Central Ame... Jul '14 RIP 6
•••

The Mission News Video

•••
San Francisco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

The Mission Jobs