Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182583 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic of this form is specifically the judge overturning Prop 8 which had nothing whatsoever to do with polygamy which was illegal before and will continue to be illegal after it is overturned, don’t play stay on topic with me kiddo, I have been on topic, you are the one that keeps twisting Prop 8 to be about something it is not about.
You note my comments about image, and forget them as if that issue does not exist, and then I remind you again.
SSM did not have a bad image problem, homosexuality did, but homosexual crimes were not blamed by the perpetrators specifically with rights under Same Sex Marriage.
NOT true about polygamy, criminals HAVE and STILL use polygamy as an excuse to perpetrate their crimes, and those criminals are what the majority of people see as the forefront of polygamy.
Until that is addressed, there will be little public support for polygamy, I am not saying it is right, I am saying it is true.
UGH! So he repeats it again.

If the other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROPOSITION EIGHT, PROPOSITION EIGHT will be the only thing making polygamy illegal in California. And there's your topic.

Your "criminals use polygamy to perpetuate their crimes" schtick is utter bullsh!t. Don't you realize how stupid an argument that is? There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes your ignorance conjures up.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182584 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.... we all know marrying trees and goats falls under same sex marriage. You are a complete dullard.
That's the argument your sidekick Big D uses against poly marriage.
It's not my dumb argument. It's his.

I'm just pointing out it was stupid when used against same sex marriage, and it's EQUALLY stupid when used against poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182585 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
http://foxnewslies.net/
But this is even better: http://sayitaintsoalready.com/2011/03/02/fox-...
Fox Shut Out of Canada Because of a Law Against Lying During Newscasts
Straight from the horse's mouth, X Box.

http://now.msn.com/msnbc-more-biased-than-fox...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182586 Mar 4, 2013
So is the present argument against polygamy that FOX news is biased?

Big D? X-Box?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182587 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
UGH! So he repeats it again.
If the other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROPOSITION EIGHT, PROPOSITION EIGHT will be the only thing making polygamy illegal in California. And there's your topic.
Your "criminals use polygamy to perpetuate their crimes" schtick is utter bullsh!t. Don't you realize how stupid an argument that is? There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes your ignorance conjures up.
Yes If polygamy was legal before Pro 8 that would be true, but it was not

If Same Sex marriage was illegal before Prop 8 it would also be different, but it was not

If wishes were fishes we would all cast nets, but they arent

There is a whole lot of IF coming out of your posts.

Are you saying that you are NOT aware that the criminals are using their religious Polygamy as the reason, the "right" to marry underage girls in series to older men?

if you are unaware of that ( think it is bull ) then you are far less educated about the current status of polygamy than everyone else here is.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#182588 Mar 4, 2013
Do you haters realize that gays are dying from abuse??? Kids, adults too.

End the hate, practice tolerance. Too many innocent lives are being harmed.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182589 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
So is the present argument against polygamy that FOX news is biased?
Big D? X-Box?
You need to learn to read, I have never made an argument against polygamy, just trying ( unsuccessfully ) to make you educated about the obstacles in front of it, and that Prop 8 will not change any current polygamy laws.

You seem to have a vested interest in not comprehending anything anyone says.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182590 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn to read, I have never made an argument against polygamy, just trying ( unsuccessfully ) to make you educated about the obstacles in front of it, and that Prop 8 will not change any current polygamy laws.
You seem to have a vested interest in not comprehending anything anyone says.
You REPEATED ad nauseam insistence that poly has a bad image have been repeatedly noted.

A bad image is not a reason to deny equal rights, or to censor discussion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182591 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes If polygamy was legal before Pro 8 that would be true, but it was not
It is still true. If the other laws against poly were repealed, the only law against poly in California will be prop 8.

You cannot spin that fact away, stop trying.
On the John

Montréal, Canada

#182592 Mar 4, 2013
So what? If they weren't so perverted they would not have to worry about it. I mean who will want their kids (or any one for that matter), go somewhere like the pound, beach, e.g., and see trans (like)

"Gay Men" running topless with boobs flopping.(Kid saying look, mommy why does that guy have boobs), then when they are told to put their shirt on by authorities they want to CRY and call it discrimination,(or sumit like that) because they are a man and think they still have the right to swim without the top being cover.

Then you got those "fags" when in the stall trying to peek on you.

Or they but an hole in the stalls to put their pecker though.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182593 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn to read, I have never made an argument against polygamy, just trying ( unsuccessfully ) to make you educated about the obstacles in front of it, and that Prop 8 will not change any current polygamy laws.
You seem to have a vested interest in not comprehending anything anyone says.
You seem to have a vested interest in bashing polygamy.

And in stubbornly arguing that it has a bad image to someone who says, yes it does, but a bad image is not a reason to deny equal protection.

Since: Nov 11

Fukushima

#182594 Mar 4, 2013
On the John wrote:
So what? If they weren't so perverted they would not have to worry about it. I mean who will want their kids (or any one for that matter), go somewhere like the pound, beach, e.g., and see trans (like)
"Gay Men" running topless with boobs flopping.(Kid saying look, mommy why does that guy have boobs), then when they are told to put their shirt on by authorities they want to CRY and call it discrimination,(or sumit like that) because they are a man and think they still have the right to swim without the top being cover.
Then you got those "fags" when in the stall trying to peek on you.
Or they but an hole in the stalls to put their pecker though.
You think they are perverted, your obsession and hatred, is perverted.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#182595 Mar 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a vested interest in bashing polygamy.
And in stubbornly arguing that it has a bad image to someone who says, yes it does, but a bad image is not a reason to deny equal protection.
Again learn to read English

I have not bashed polygamy, just trying to make you aware so something you are obviously so totally ignorant of.

and I am sure before today is over, you will pretend once again that Polygamy has the same wide support that Same sex marriage ( The actual topic of this form ) has, and then I will remind you again than when Prop 8 is overturned, it will not affect the current laws against polygamy one little bit.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182596 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Again learn to read English
I have not bashed polygamy, just trying to make you aware so something you are obviously so totally ignorant of.
and I am sure before today is over, you will pretend once again that Polygamy has the same wide support that Same sex marriage ( The actual topic of this form ) has, and then I will remind you again than when Prop 8 is overturned, it will not affect the current laws against polygamy one little bit.
OK I'm aware. So what? Same sex marriage had a bad image too.

When prop 8 is overturned, there will be one less law against polygamy, no matter how hard you try to spin it otherwise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182597 Mar 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

...and I am sure before today is over, you will pretend once again that Polygamy has the same wide support that Same sex marriage ( The actual topic of this form ) has...
Don't start lying. I have not pretended anything.

You are attempting a straw man argument over whether poly has a bad image or not. I already agreed it does. Not as bad as you make it out though and a bad image is NOT A REASON TO DENY EQUALITY.

Poly has a bad image due to IGNORANCE and BIGOTRY.
BurnOuts

Covina, CA

#182598 Mar 4, 2013
No One but George Ogden of West Covina, California is responsible for the HATEFUL RACISTS words he chose to use in his Februrary 14 - 20, 2013 newsdpaper article. sgvexaminer.com page B1.

Of course the newspaper owner should have been aware and mindful of the racists language Geprge Ogden chose to use in his racists articles o the past.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182599 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Regnerus did not study children born or adopted into same-sex parent families, only those who seem to recollect one of their parents ever having a same-sex relationship.
Regnerus compared that group, most of which had experienced family dissolution, only to stable, married, opposite-sex families — i.e. he compared unstable to intact.
Regnerus ignored whether the children lived with or were raised by the parents who had a same-sex relationship.
Regnerus only identified these “gay” parents based on the recollection of the children, not based on how the parents actually identify or live their lives.
Most of the factors Regnerus analyzes were adult outcomes, not childhood outcomes, and could very well have had nothing to do with the relationships of the children’s parents.
The challenge is there's no large group of children raised from infancy to adulthood by SSCs, male or female, who were together for that time period.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#182600 Mar 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I usually call it FUX News.
You would think after what happened in November, folks would quit FUX News, but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oh and what do u call MSNBC? Extinct?
BurnOuts

Covina, CA

#182601 Mar 4, 2013
I feel George Ogden has burned out and is need of some serious JAIL time to straighten out. West Covina, California should be ashamed of hima nd the city council member's who a part of this racists KKK group.

Concernijng his racist article he wrote and promoted in the sgvexaminer.com

Page B1 - February 14 - 20, 2013..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#182602 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and what do u call MSNBC? Extinct?
Liberal bias is not bias!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alameda enoch wins last minute 400 million vote... Aug 14 JOSH ENOCH NOV 2012 1
News Many older gays reflect on the movement Jun '15 El Blanco Gatito 4
News As San Francisco celebrates historic milestone,... Jun '15 child of God 2
News San Francisco: Nation's first homeless shelter ... Jun '15 VeganTiger 6
is my wife cheating? May '15 dirty dad 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar '15 Paul Porter1 1
News San Francisco Woman 'Repulsed' After Landlord D... Mar '15 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

The Mission Mortgages