cat

Coarsegold, CA

#1012 Jan 29, 2007
Giulia wrote:
Hi!!! I’m Italian and I’m organize a travel to California…As you will have of sure approval I don’t speak English very well…anyway if you want give me a suggestion about the tradition or some curiosity about this magnificent State, you would render me really happy…
So if you want, answer soon…
Bye Giulia
oh come on..i have seen this same post on just about every forum i look at!
ILIKECATZ2

Stockton, CA

#1013 Jan 29, 2007
Dear Cat, you are so right! When this thread started back, I months back, I tried to tell people that same fact! This thread has had some very interesting twists and turns. For most of the time the postings are both fun and upbeat. But the original hook of why this thread has evolved into is something else! LOL!

“Howdy”

Since: Dec 06

United States

#1014 Feb 1, 2007
BLACK LACY PANTY GIRL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye Rocky, my lover man!
Oh my goodness, you are the 864th woman to tell me that!!!

“Howdy”

United States

#1015 Feb 1, 2007
Tinka wrote:
It used to be nothing but Orange groves..
When my father owned his own truck he helped put a freeway right through it.
He did not like it but a man gots to do what he gots to do to support a wife and nine kids.

“I be me, and you are...”

in a city...

#1016 Feb 1, 2007
Rockytopzz wrote:
<quoted text>When my father owned his own truck he helped put a freeway right through it.
He did not like it but a man gots to do what he gots to do to support a wife and nine kids.
It was bound to happen sooner or later..
rolling thunder

United States

#1017 Feb 1, 2007
Rockytopzz wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my goodness, you are the 864th woman to tell me that!!!
864 LBs

“Howdy”

United States

#1018 Feb 1, 2007
rolling thunder wrote:
<quoted text> 864 LBs
Hubba bubba, what a woman.

“Howdy”

United States

#1019 Feb 1, 2007
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
It was bound to happen sooner or later..
I reckon it's progress I guess.
I lived out in the country for the past 15 years and I now get claustrophobic when I go to a major city like the Ft. Worth/Dallas metroplex.
When I go to Wally World to shop I know 1/3rd of the people there.
That is why it pays to be nice to everyone here in my small town.
lol

Sunol, CA

#1020 Feb 1, 2007
YOU ALL SUCK LOL CALIFORNIA ROCK NOR CAL ALL THE WAY!!!

in a city...

#1021 Feb 1, 2007
Rockytopzz wrote:
<quoted text>I reckon it's progress I guess.
I lived out in the country for the past 15 years and I now get claustrophobic when I go to a major city like the Ft. Worth/Dallas metroplex.
When I go to Wally World to shop I know 1/3rd of the people there.
That is why it pays to be nice to everyone here in my small town.
Yeah I can't imagine..how you would get by in a small town..not getting along...that would be hard...
I love the big city...I feel more at home in a large city than in a little place...
People just melt into each other in the city...
No one pays attention too much to other people..even tho I love watching..I am a people watcher...
I love to sit on a bench and just chill...
About Orange Groves...yes all things change...nothing seems to be ever lasting...things change too fast..
Peggie Day

Moraga, CA

#1022 Feb 1, 2007
Giulia wrote:
Hi!!! I’m Italian and I’m organize a travel to California…As you will have of sure approval I don’t speak English very well…anyway if you want give me a suggestion about the tradition or some curiosity about this magnificent State, you would render me really happy…
Bye Giulia
Dear Giulia,
Italian houses some of the finest Catholic cathedrals and churches in the world - but if you want to know about the origin/history of California, visit some of the California Missions along the chain of them, from San Diego up to San Francisco.
Mission Delores, San Francisco or Mission Carmel, in Carmel, California. As for California traditions?
try a cheesburger, french fries and a chocolate malt to get acquainted!
Cheers and goodluck
Peggie...

“Howdy”

United States

#1023 Feb 2, 2007
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I can't imagine..how you would get by in a small town..not getting along...that would be hard...
I know, it can be bad at times in small towns particularly when I owe the Doctor some money and he is hollowering at me in Wally World.

“Howdy”

United States

#1024 Feb 2, 2007
Peggie Day wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Giulia,
Italian houses some of the finest Catholic cathedrals and churches in the world - but if you want to know about the origin/history of California, visit some of the California Missions along the chain of them, from San Diego up to San Francisco.
Mission Delores, San Francisco or Mission Carmel, in Carmel, California. As for California traditions?
try a cheesburger, french fries and a chocolate malt to get acquainted!
Cheers and goodluck
Peggie...
I can remember all those missions.

“Howdy”

United States

#1025 Feb 2, 2007
lol wrote:
YOU ALL SUCK LOL CALIFORNIA ROCK NOR CAL ALL THE WAY!!!
Your language is as strong as stud horse pee with the foam farted off.
Lau

Santee, CA

#1026 Feb 2, 2007
Liz wrote:
hahahaha.....go to the mall!!!thats the best part....haha, really though.
She is right!!! lol!! The best place you can ever go to ;)

“Former politician/burea ucrat”

Since: Jan 07

GP via Salem Via PDX via L.A.

#1027 Feb 2, 2007
Giulia wrote:
Bye Giulia
I lived in Brindisi for six years (actually, latiano, a small town near Brindisi). California is a vast state with many differing vistas and things to see. The first thing you need to do is decide what type of tour you want and what part of California you want to see (the place is about as big as Italy). In general, the southern part is heavily influenced by it's latino roots. The middle part, by the Gold Rush and the Port of San Francisco; the northern part, by vast farmlands and wooded forests. The southeastern part of the state is desert and has the lowest point in North America (Death valley). The northeastern part is mountainous and has the highest point in the lower 48 states. So, like Italy, a person needs to kind of decide what type of vacation they want to take. The only place I would say to stay out of is "Hollywood." I grew up there, went to school there, etc. The place is a dump. Otherwise, the sky's the limits! Per te...buona fortuna e buon vacanze!

“Howdy”

United States

#1028 Feb 3, 2007
RJK48 wrote:
<quoted text>I lived in Brindisi for six years (actually, latiano, a small town near Brindisi). California is a vast state with many differing vistas and things to see. The first thing you need to do is decide what type of tour you want and what part of California you want to see (the place is about as big as Italy). In general, the southern part is heavily influenced by it's latino roots. The middle part, by the Gold Rush and the Port of San Francisco; the northern part, by vast farmlands and wooded forests. The southeastern part of the state is desert and has the lowest point in North America (Death valley). The northeastern part is mountainous and has the highest point in the lower 48 states. So, like Italy, a person needs to kind of decide what type of vacation they want to take. The only place I would say to stay out of is "Hollywood." I grew up there, went to school there, etc. The place is a dump. Otherwise, the sky's the limits! Per te...buona fortuna e buon vacanze!
Why is Hollywood a dump? What happened?

in a city...

#1029 Feb 3, 2007
Lau wrote:
<quoted text>
She is right!!! lol!! The best place you can ever go to ;)
I remember Liz's post....that was a long time back..
gloria swanson

United States

#1030 Feb 3, 2007
Rockytopzz wrote:
<quoted text>Why is Hollywood a dump? What happened?
Everyone gets humped and dumped. Hollywood, land of a thousand has beens. Ever since the Sunset strip riots its all been downhill. Everyone goes outta town to make films. Just a bunch of mooches, leeches, fortune hunters, bums, homeless, druggies, weirdos etc... get the PICTURE?

“Howdy”

United States

#1031 Feb 3, 2007
gloria swanson wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone gets humped and dumped. Hollywood, land of a thousand has beens. Ever since the Sunset strip riots its all been downhill. Everyone goes outta town to make films. Just a bunch of mooches, leeches, fortune hunters, bums, homeless, druggies, weirdos etc... get the PICTURE?
That is a shame. We were very proud of Hollywood when I was a kid.
I can remember being taken there and they had a building that was glass enclosed and you can see the Batmobile and Herman and Grandpa Munster's hot rod cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Fernando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
assault on female Thurs. 4-30-2015 betw. 6:30 +... 16 hr pascal 1
Anyone want to meet up and have sex? (Jun '11) 18 hr Cutegurl13 16
meth heads shoping at caution customs car repa... Fri Jackie Treehorn 1
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) Apr 28 Slugfest 1,698
Review: Citation Gurus Apr 28 MeganKane 6
sylmar olivista middle school in lockdown wed... (Jun '09) Apr 23 Wow 14
LAPD racists Apr 23 jimbob 15
More from around the web

San Fernando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE