Giulia

Siracusa, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Hi!!! I’m Italian and I’m organize a travel to California…As you will have of sure approval I don’t speak English very well…anyway if you want give me a suggestion about the tradition or some curiosity about this magnificent State, you would render me really happy…
So if you want, answer soon…
Bye Giulia
Suitor

Bradford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Why California? Job? Visit? Freinds? California sucks. Get a "translator", you can buy them on line. You talk into it, and it translate into your chosen language, has a volume button.
Ela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Giulia wrote:
Hi!!! I�m Italian and I�m organize a travel to California�As you will have of sure approval I don�t speak English very well�anyway if you want give me a suggestion about the tradition or some curiosity about this magnificent State, you would render me really happy�
So if you want, answer soon�
Bye Giulia
California can be beautiful but lately I m fed up with it. I'd visit Norway if I were you
Trouble

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Giulia wrote:
Hi!!! I’m Italian and I’m organize a travel to California…As you will have of sure approval I don’t speak English very well…anyway if you want give me a suggestion about the tradition or some curiosity about this magnificent State, you would render me really happy…
Bye Giulia
Go somewhere else California is not what you think or have heard it SUCKS
Ela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

if you did not leave italy yet stay there if anything go check out Berlin it's heckafun..:)
Raw Jay

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Giulia, when will is the trip scheduled for?
There are so many things to see in California.
I've been here 24 years, all in the San Fran Bay Area.
And I'm still discovering things.
Please e-mail me at faraweh@yahoo.com if.
Thanks.
Raw Jay

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2006

Giulia wrote:
Bye Giulia
If you'd like, try contacting lilinous@yahoo.com
highly recommended.
She'll be around until end of May.
Then back in mid-August.
Good luck!
Giulia

Siracusa, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2006

I don't know well but in Italy a very common dream is visit California, because we think is a really dream (sea, a lot of sun, metropolitan), so this year finally I and some friends have decided on leave...we are going to visit California in August...but can you give me a suggestion of should we do?
Thanks everybody
orangeuglad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Giulia wrote:
I don't know well but in Italy a very common dream is visit California, because we think is a really dream (sea, a lot of sun, metropolitan), so this year finally I and some friends have decided on leave...we are going to visit California in August...but can you give me a suggestion of should we do?
Thanks everybody
hummm....go to DISNEYLAND? But why you asking people in WILDOMAR?? San Diego is beautiful And San Fransisco is fun. The German go to Italy and Spain for the sun you have nice weather too.
Liz

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

hahahaha.....go to the mall!!!thats the best part....haha, really though.
Giulia

Milazzo, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

I know…I’m agree whit you, Lize! I’m sure I go to the mall…is sure…What about Los Angeles? Say it’s a beautiful…
Anyway thanks for you precious counsel!
Cal Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Please do not listen to the negative comments regarding California. It is a beautiful state with lots to offer. As with any state, or country, there are areas to avoid. Just be sure to speak to someone who knows the area well.
Stitches

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Giulia wrote:
Bye Giulia
Hello there! Please enhance your visit and learn about California's Golden past. From Angel's Camp north along Hwy 49 to Sierraville is a Gold Trail of history. As well as side roads and day trips filled with historic places and wonderful people. If you enjoy history, it's fabulous fun with some really fun sights. Sonora Blues Fest Aug. 12, Calavaras Frog Jump (Mark Twain story telling), Empire Mine State park in Grass Valley, Gold Discovery Park in Coloma, check it out!
nyyankee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

go to the olive pit, i mean garden restaurant at the santa ana mall. if you make out alive. you've earned the rest of california.
Ahisandwich

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Giulia:

My first peice of advice is DON'T COME IN AUGUST. The crowds will be much worse than because all Europeans seem to pick August for their vacations. You will not be able to go to Disneyland, becuase the line starts three miles away, well practically.

Anyway, other than the obvious (Disneyland, San Francisco), I would recommend some off the beaten track options. Gold Country is interesting, as Stitches recommends, and so is the north coast, north of San Francisco. But way north, like the Redwoods National Forest. Also, the coastline from San Simeon to Monterrey (Big Sur, it is called) is incredible, but will also be very crowded in August. Kings Canyon National Park is quite beautiful. The deserts are also unique, and Death Valley has some geographic features you won't see anywhere else.

I've got lots more recommendations. Don't be put off by the poo-pooers. While it may be true that life in California is not paradise, that has more to do with a lot of cultural things (we all work too hard and have too many material goods that we can't pay for and no sense of community, but those aren't problems that a tourist has to deal with really), and for a visitor there is incredible beauty and diversity here. i have seen a lot of the world, and in terms of its natural beauty, California has plenty to offer. But it all depends on your interest.

San Francisco is a world class city. But again it wll be very crowded in August. It's more of a city where you can absorb the atmosphere as opposed to sightseeing, but Chinatown is pretty cool, Coit Tower has great views, a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge (either on foot or by car) is well worth it---the views from across the bridge into the city are fantastic. And Golden Gate Park is another worthwhile place.

Anyway, if you have specific questions or you want to tell me what kinds of things you like, I could get more specific!

Good luck and have fun.
Giulia wrote:
Bye Giulia
orangeuglad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

I have an Idea I just send you a bunch of post-cards so you can say you've seen it all....stay home save your money a while longer and go visit hawaii
Patti

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

Suitor wrote:
Why California? Job? Visit? Freinds? California sucks. Get a "translator", you can buy them on line. You talk into it, and it translate into your chosen language, has a volume button.
why do you think CA sucks?????????
orangeuglad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2006

cause it does in no other state are people as sue happy or have as many stupid laws as we do....well Texas is hard somewhat when it comes to the police, but other than that yeah california sucks, and if I had the means at this time or my kids were done with high school, i would already be out of here, just hanging in...
orangeuglad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

Bob wrote:
Why in the hell do you people place these stupid postings! Do you all realize what idiots you sound like! Do you have no real lives, no families or children, employment or hobbies?! This the best you can do is this garbage? God bless you and your wretched little lives!
And Giulia, why don't you just plan to stay home in Rome, we really don't need anymore of you Europeans here in our country. As a matter of fact, did it ever dawn upon you that maybe we are tired of aliens coming to our nation. Why don't you just kick back in Naples, have some wine and meet a nice boy and enjoy your summer there! Ciao,Giulia
sounds like your life is full of important matter...This country is made up of aliens as you call them
Ahisandwich

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2006

Hypocrite
orangeuglad wrote:
cause it does in no other state are people as sue happy or have as many stupid laws as we do....well Texas is hard somewhat when it comes to the police, but other than that yeah california sucks, and if I had the means at this time or my kids were done with high school, i would already be out of here, just hanging in...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of892
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

San Fernando News Video

•••
San Fernando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Fernando Jobs

•••
•••
•••