German troops give San Elizario family a home

Full story: El Paso Times 36
Virginia Corral, left, hugs Nora Garcia, a San Elizario Independent School District social worker, after a new mobile home was delivered in San Elizario. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Needs vs Wants

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 13, 2011
Denalano wrote:
I am trying my best to raise enough to build homes from used shipping containers for people like this. They are less expensive than mobil homes and will last longer with less mantanience.
I'm doing it all with part of my earnings from Network Marketing programs. The more people who join, the faster we can get started.
Join me and let's do something for people in our community.
It costs less than a nice dinner to get involved, and we all benerit
denalano@gmail
Scam!
Sixto Sanchez

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2011
It's great that the German military wants to be involved in our community. I just wonder how many of them thought, "What the hell?!? This woman lives in a shack and keeps popping out rug rats."

Maybe the Germans' next charitable act will be giving her a job or even just a TV so that she has better things to do with her time. Oh, and ironically, they might want to teach her English.
Elco

Washington, DC

#4 Jan 13, 2011
Its good to see someone is doing something nice for pepole without all the cynicism from some people.
get a job

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 13, 2011
With all of the benefits being offered by the government (grant money for education, daycare assistance, etc) there is no good reason why someone has to live like that, but ultimately its their choice...its their choice to live in a shack and have nothing. I dont mean to sound sarcastic but I've really tried helping people less fortunate, but they'd rather be lazy.
SnB

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 13, 2011
Sixto Sanchez wrote:
It's great that the German military wants to be involved in our community. I just wonder how many of them thought, "What the hell?!? This woman lives in a shack and keeps popping out rug rats."
Maybe the Germans' next charitable act will be giving her a job or even just a TV so that she has better things to do with her time. Oh, and ironically, they might want to teach her English.
...and right on cue...the babosos come out of the woodwork...
Free Mexican

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Jan 13, 2011
Sixto Sanchez wrote:
Sad but true.
My Two Pennies

Washington, DC

#8 Jan 13, 2011
Nice story, nice gesture but I wish El Paso Times would add more to the story like, Where is (are) the children's father(s)? How has she been able to support herself?, among other things ... Just my Two Pennies
ept

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 13, 2011
Even Germany, the most conservative nation in the world during the Second World War, is no longer considered to be as heartless and evil as the modern American conservative movement. Congrats you guys!
ebb

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2011
It's sad that other Troop's from another Country can help but our Local Gov't can't do it.
ebb

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2011
get a job wrote:
With all of the benefits being offered by the government (grant money for education, daycare assistance, etc) there is no good reason why someone has to live like that, but ultimately its their choice...its their choice to live in a shack and have nothing. I dont mean to sound sarcastic but I've really tried helping people less fortunate, but they'd rather be lazy.
I with you all the way, and she should stop having kids if she can't help her self, I guess she take's advantage of the Gov't needs.
don

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 13, 2011
more kids more food stamps.more welfare.she will have more babys. thank you tax payers
Hopeless

Austin, TX

#13 Jan 13, 2011
Stop assuming you know her situation, if you know her well enough to know she is abusing Government help then you should have reported it and you didn't. So shut up. If you know her well enough to know she is just popping out kids left and right, then you should offer her birth control but you didn't so SHUT UP. If you aren't paying her bills SHUT UP.... want to make a change do it, don't sit on your lazy a**es and criticize through a comment post, do something, go find out her story, inquire, then keep your negative comments to yourself, it just makes you look heartless and ignorant.
Silly me

Sacramento, CA

#14 Jan 13, 2011
Sixto Sanchez wrote:
Sixto, What have you done for your Mexican compadres? Yeah, you gave the Germans a little cudos but you turned right around and shot them in the face with your comment about her behavior. Get a life and then help the community as well. The Germans have done well, truly your compassion has not gone unnoticed by most of us.
Saddened by the cynicism

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 13, 2011
All of you cynics need to remember:

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
Saddened by the cynicism

El Paso, TX

#16 Jan 13, 2011
Hopeless wrote:
Stop assuming you know her situation, if you know her well enough to know she is abusing Government help then you should have reported it and you didn't. So shut up. If you know her well enough to know she is just popping out kids left and right, then you should offer her birth control but you didn't so SHUT UP. If you aren't paying her bills SHUT UP.... want to make a change do it, don't sit on your lazy **** es and criticize through a comment post, do something, go find out her story, inquire, then keep your negative comments to yourself, it just makes you look heartless and ignorant.
My thoughts exactly. Wells Said!
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 13, 2011
ebb wrote:
It's sad that other Troop's from another Country can help but our Local Gov't can't do it.
Help? In what way? If I was to go homeless believe me I would be out on my own. Our government is not there to help every individual that chooses to live beyond their means (having more children that you can afford). By the way growing up our mother would also bathe us in a tub inside the house because we didn't have one inside the house. My father worked, and we grew up in poverty but happy. I know for a fact that my parents never asked for a hand-out, or expected anyone else to take care of us. What makes me more sad is that put this in the front page and the montwood student that died in the tragic accident gets pushed to the back of the paper. And by the way no mention of the father, come on enough is enoug.
Cindy

El Paso, TX

#18 Jan 13, 2011
(having more children that you can't afford)
you suck

El Paso, TX

#20 Jan 13, 2011
Hopeless wrote:
Stop assuming you know her situation, if you know her well enough to know she is abusing Government help then you should have reported it and you didn't. So shut up. If you know her well enough to know she is just popping out kids left and right, then you should offer her birth control but you didn't so SHUT UP. If you aren't paying her bills SHUT UP.... want to make a change do it, don't sit on your lazy **** es and criticize through a comment post, do something, go find out her story, inquire, then keep your negative comments to yourself, it just makes you look heartless and ignorant.
You are probably a breeder and someone who takes advantage of the government yourself. Maybe that is why you defend this breeder so much!

Get yourself a job and stop popping babies you uneducated hooker.
desert rat

El Paso, TX

#21 Jan 13, 2011
These Germans are now considered angels when you compare them to the white supremacist groups in Arizona.
get ur head out ur -ss

El Paso, TX

#22 Jan 13, 2011
Jane wrote:
Hereís what we do know about this breeders situation: Her Mexican illegal alien husband (not the father of all of the children) was deported last year back to Mexico. She is also a Mexican illegal alien, however, a few of her children are anchor rats and she is allowed stay in the U.S. because of them on compassionate grounds. She does receive benefits via her anchor rats.
She worked illegally in a restaurant, but with an infant (her fifth child) she no longer works.
Yeah, Letís not be too judgmental about this lying thieving ever breeding Mexican illegal alien and her children supported via our tax dollars.
very bitter woman!!! your husband is probably cheating on u with a beutiful mexican fine women. you're funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz has nothing to offer the country 22 min No soup 1
Eastside Regional Park 1 hr MachoPanzonEastS ... 11
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 7 hr suave 2,255
News El Paso residents to be charged water franchise... 7 hr huey goins 9
65 Americans missing in Mexico. (Feb '08) 8 hr harrytorta 52
i hate el paso (Nov '11) 9 hr huey goins 257
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 22 hr Farter 23,099
San Elizario Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

San Elizario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]