Teen killed in Saturday ATV accident ...

Teen killed in Saturday ATV accident identified

There are 23 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Teen killed in Saturday ATV accident identified. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office have released the name of the 15-year-old killed in an ATV accident Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2009
My condolences go out to his family. Such a young life is always a life gone much too soon.
Mason Brem

El Paso, TX

#2 Jan 11, 2009
My name is Mason Brem and I am a senior basketball player at Clint High School. I have had the honor of sharing time on the court with Hector, as an opponent and on the same team during the summer(open gym). He was a great ball player and was always trying to make himself better. I know that like many others i will miss him very much. I hope that his famliy can make it through these hard times.I will keep him and his family in my prayers. I will play the rest of my season in honor of Hector!
Helmet Head

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 11, 2009
Helmet? Or a case of a young man thinking he is immortal?
San Elizario resident

United States

#4 Jan 11, 2009
My condolences go out to the family. ATVís have a reputation for being dangerous. Without any intention of offending anyone, I would like to comment that too many AVT riders race all over the place without law enforcement doing anything to control it. I regularly see young people racing on paved roads and actually passing cars. I think itís time to require ATV operatorís training and law enforcement to start enforcing dangerous operation of these toys. Dealers should also have some kind of accountability.
Suerte

AOL

#5 Jan 12, 2009
The law cannot be everywhere all the time. Why is it that we always bring law enforcement into these issues. This was a tragic accident and we can point the finger at alot of people, but the blame only rests with one person, the driver of the ATV. An ATV is a dangerous vehicle and even the most experience drivers have had accidents.
Dr B Packingwood

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 12, 2009
It is sad that the child died needlessly. The responsibility does not lie with the child or Police, rather the parents. They are paying the ultimate price for there mistake. LAW prohibits anyone under 16 to own/operate these ATV's.

I see it in West El Paso all the time, kids speeding down the roads(city streets) NO helmets, I wonder about the parents who allow this to take place...
RLoya

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 12, 2009
I also live down in the lower valley with a cement canal adjacent to our property.
ATV and motor cycle enthusiasts are always using the dirt road next to the canal at high speeds, no traspassing/warning signs and barriers should be erected to avoid these tragedies.
Neighbors also walk down these dirt roads for excercise, it won't be long before someone else is hurt.
H-town supporter

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2009
Hector you will truly be missed!!! In Clint In San Eli and In Horizon. Parents our prayers are with you....R.I.P Hector aka Kobe.
H-town supporter

United States

#9 Jan 12, 2009
My name is Sarah Melendez I am a freshmen who last year (8th grade) had the chance to be classmates with Hector Hernandez. He was always pushing himself no matter the adversities. He was truly a Legend. I will, just like Mason Brem, will finish off basketball season for him.
San Elizario Classmates

San Elizario, TX

#10 Jan 12, 2009
I really didnt know him or talk to him but from what I hear he was a good friend and classmate. He is missed by many in school. Just hearing of our loss is memorable. May he R.I.P and he will be in our prayers....
classmate

Mcallen, TX

#11 Jan 12, 2009
Hector you will truely be missed by all of us!!!
Get Real

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 12, 2009
Wow, here is another example of parents not taking control of their kids. El Paso is very unique. I have never seen so many people not giving a sh-t about where they live or the people around them in one place.

I hope the city sends these stupid parents the bill for any damages their awesome son cause. I see jerks racing and riding these quads on city streets knowing that their actions are illegal but they and their parents don't care.

It is nice to see the loving support this ďgood kid" had but I hope his friends take the time and really see how his death could have been avoided. I hope that they see how life can be taken so quickly when someone does something so dumb.

Parents when are you going to learn. We do have laws and yes believe it or not we must follow them or else we will be no better than other third world countries whose citizens are out of control. Remember saying no to your kids is very easy. Of course the dumb cycle continues. Dumb parents having dumb kids and no one is teaching them personal accountability and responsibility.
Marleen Rivera

Chaparral, NM

#13 Jan 13, 2009
Hello!
MY name is Marleen Rivera.A death of a son is not just anything. It is somenthing that will stay for the rest of your lives in a piece of your minds over and over again. But one thing is for sure that he's in a better place up there with god. Many teens happen to not make very smart choices once in a while but it just happens to be that is true and we don't realize how close death is to us. We are not kids any more and we realize that what we are doing is not a game but even though we know, we still take our chances. Which brings great tragedies and broken hearts to our loved ones...
x-treme

El Paso, TX

#14 Jan 13, 2009
X-TReME!!!!!!!
annonymous

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 14, 2009
To all the stupid idiots out there puttin down his parents just gotta shut their BIG MOUTHS!, dont act like you dont do stupid stuff yourself, accidents happen and in this case yes we lost our dear loved one, but dont come out saying that they are paying the price for letting him drive an atv, ANYTHING can happen at ANYTIME, whether on an atv or not.

Hector I will miss you dearly, and to those who knew him, know where im getting at.
You do only live once and Hector lived everyday like it was his last! RIP loveee!
LOVE YOU!

“Support SAR, get lost. ”

Since: Oct 08

East Haven, CT

#16 Jan 14, 2009
Extreemly unfortunate. Nobody deserves this. And some of your comments are just rude. Regardless, as a seasoned dirt bike and mountain bike rider, I hope everyone understands the importance of wearing a helmet when riding any type of bike/atv. I'm not sure if this youngster was wearing a helmet, but they do save lives. My condolences to the family.
Ramon Benavides

San Elizario, TX

#17 Jan 14, 2009
Hector was the koolest dude standing on earth!!!
and also he was a very good friend and he will be missed by everyonh here in San Eli
Ramon Benavides

San Elizario, TX

#18 Jan 14, 2009
Hector was like the coolest dude on earth and he will be missed :[[[[[[[
Get Real

El Paso, TX

#19 Jan 14, 2009
hector was like a smart kid who did dumb stuff and had parents who thought the dumb stuff was cool or something and that dumb stuff like got him killed. You all are right maybe I was a little hard on the parents for allowing their child to continue to do illegal stuff like drive an ATV on the road like without any flipping safety gear.

Sorry
Vanessa Pacheco

San Elizario, TX

#20 Jan 16, 2009
Well my name is vanessa and i also had a chance to meet and be apart of hector's life. He was very well known for his popularity and his mad skills in basketball. In fact he was a varisty bball player. We love you alot Hector!!! dont ever forget that!! and just so you all know he was wearing a helmet and not even that could happen. accidents happen sometimes especially when we least expect them. its no ones fault that hector left. God made his choice and he choose hector. Im sure hector misses us just like we miss him.

WE LOVE YOU HECTOR MARTIN HERNANDEZ JR.!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!
REST IN PEACE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's Border Wall Could Have Deadly Co... 1 hr positronium 138
News Former El Paso County sheriff's deputy indicted... 2 hr huey goins 3
News Transgender clinic opens 2 hr DC Dave 30
Ride a bicycle once in a while! 2 hr huey goins 14
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 2 hr Manny 2,460
News Elderly El Paso man dies after contracting West... 5 hr huey goins 2
Rfid chips jade helm please respond 7 hr Donde 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages