Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Comments
1 - 20 of 12,363 Comments Last updated May 30, 2014
First Prev
of 619
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

"pressuring companies and law firms into policy reversals, making it taboo in some circumstances to express opposition to same-sex marriage." Ironic that all these intolerant right-wing bastards are opposed to the free market.

"They're advocating for a lot of changes in the name of tolerance," said Jim Campbell, an attorney with the conservative Alliance Defense Fund. "Yet ironically the tolerance is not returned, for people of faith who don't agree with their agenda."

To tolerate intolerant people is morally reprehensible! Especially when they are self-righteous bigoted bible thumpers.

""We are unjustly called 'haters' and 'bigots' by those who have carefully framed their advocacy strategy," Truth hurts their little bigoted feelings!

"Exodus International, a network of ministries which depict homosexuality as a destructive condition that can be overcome through Christian faith." 'Pray Away the Gay' is psychosocial malpractice that can lead to depression and suicide.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

On this day in history a short 44 years ago (June 12, 1967) the Supreme Court handed down their UNANIMOUS decision in Loving v. Virginia.

Just last week my wife and I celebrated our 44th anniversary. Yet on our special day, just 44 years ago,(now 2 full generations ago) in some states in the United States mixed race couples could not legally marry or have their out of state marriages recognized!

Unfortunately there are the same type state laws and constitutional amendments prevent same sex couples for enjoying the emotional and financial advantages heterosexual couples enjoy. Hopefully, in a few short years today’s current young people will look back at today’s bigotry with as much disdain and disbelief as we look back at the not-so-good old pre-Loving v. Virginia days.

Mentioned in this video is Mildred Loving's own support for LGBT marriage equality, she expressed her support shortly before her death, saying: "I believe all Americans, no matter their sex, no matter their sexual orientation, should have that same freedom to marry." To commemorate this anniversary, AFER’s co-counsel in the California Prop. 8 case, Ted Olson and David Boies, recorded a special message. They talk about how the Loving case set an important precedent for the current fight for marriage equality. Watch the 2 minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch... kiNA6o&feature =playerembedded

For those of you unfamiliar with Loving v. Virginia, the concluding paragraphs of the unanimous Supreme Court opinion in Loving v. Virginia stated:

“These statutes also deprive the Lovings of liberty without due process of law in violation of the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

The freedom to marry has long been recognized as one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men. "Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival…“To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law.

The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State." (58 min ago
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

"The entire campaign to enact same-sex marriage is conducted under a banner of acceptance ... Yet behind that banner of tolerance is another campaign—of intimidation, threats and ugliness."

Spot on !!!
How Are Your Kids Doing

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
"The entire campaign to enact same-sex marriage is conducted under a banner of acceptance ... Yet behind that banner of tolerance is another campaign—of intimidation, threats and ugliness."
Spot on !!!
We don't have to tolerate the KKK, either. We know it's the homophobes saying glbt people can't marry, adopt, serve openly, be protected from arbitrary firing. Not the reverse. Yet.
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

WTF does the KKK have to do with anything?

LOL, the H-word. Perfect timing :)
Linda

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

I'm glad this article was posted because my daughter has been victimized along with her gay lover. They can't go out of their home without people taunting them and worse. Last month she was soundly beaten by a group of thugs and had graffiti written over her bare boobs and buttocks calling her all sorts of filthy names. When will the people of this country stop equating being butch with being a barbarian? She wants to move to a new community but she has an $87,000 lien on her place that she can't get out from under.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
KKK, American Family Assc, James Dobson sycophants, Pat Robertson cultists, "Pray Away the Gay," Druggie Limpbaughs and all his hate radio imitators and wanna-bes, etc.....all synonyms for homophobic hate.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
Spot on !!!
And, precisely how are you being intimidated? Has anyone burned a cross on your lawn or threatened you?

Tell me, how do you envision your life changing if gay marriage becomes legal? No one seems to want to answer that, and I suspect that the reason is that there IS no answer.

I truly would like to hear your response.
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
KKK, American Family Assc, James Dobson sycophants, Pat Robertson cultists, "Pray Away the Gay," Druggie Limpbaughs and all his hate radio imitators and wanna-bes, etc.....all synonyms for homophobic hate.
Cry me a river. That's nothing more than the gay agenda groping to portray itself as a poor, helpless victim.

The article has it spot on !!!
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Zeldo wrote:
<quoted text>
And, precisely how are you being intimidated? Has anyone burned a cross on your lawn or threatened you?
Tell me, how do you envision your life changing if gay marriage becomes legal? No one seems to want to answer that, and I suspect that the reason is that there IS no answer.
Did you read the article?

This isn't about me, it's about ALL Traditional Marriage supporters.
Anne Ominous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Zeldo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you ever get the idea that I'm here to answer your questions LOL

I'm not your secretary. If you really want the answer to that question, ask Google.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article?
This isn't about me, it's about ALL Traditional Marriage supporters.
Poor Anne...posting as if he had a chance at traditional marriage.
MTM

Mission, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

This is the culmination of a well scripted, carefully crafted public relations campaign that began with "After the Ball",

After the Ball, a 1989 book - the gay agenda roadmap for the future written by gay authors Kirk and Madsen, had some very matter-of-fact, and inadvertantly hurtful statements regarding gays. The authors seem resigned that their behavior is disgusting and unhealthy:

“After the Ball has now detailed a comprehensive public relations campaign that should go a long way toward sanitizing our very unsanitary image. But we can’t hide forever beneath a coat of whitewash; we have to step out from behind the façade eventually, and unless we’ve made some real changes by the time we do, people will see that we’re still the same old queers. Straights hate gays not just for what their myths and lies say we are, but also for what we really are; all the squeaky-clean media propaganda in the world won’t sustain a positive image in the long run unless we start scrubbing to make ourselves a little sqeakier and cleaner in reality. And as it happens, our noses (and other parts) are far from clean. In one major aspect, America’s homohaters have, like the proverbial blind pig, rooted up the truffle of truth: the gay lifestyle - not our sexuality, but our lifestyle - is in the pits. This chapter will tell you what’s wrong with a lot of gays, why its wrong, and how you can dance the new steps ... after the ball.”(Kirk and Madsen, After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of the Gay’s in the 90s, p. 275-276)

“The main thing is to talk about gayness until the issue becomes throughly tiresome.

And we say talk about homosexuality, we mean just that. In the early stages of the campaign, the public should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex per se should be downplayed, and the issue of gay rights reduced, as far as possible, to an abstract social question. As it happens, the AIDS epidemic - ever a curse and boon for the gay movement - provides ample opportunity to emphasize the civil rights/discrimination side of things, but unfortunately it also permits our enemies to draw attention to gay sex habits that provoke public revulsion.”
MTM

Mission, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Gays know they've been so successful in their slick propaganda campaign of selling a carfully crafted oppressed victim persona, that they now feel invincible within that persona. But they know that Truth is and never will be on their side, and that their house of cards can be toppled by even the slightest wind of Truth, so when criticism of any kind rears its ugly head, they revert to drama-queen damage control - feigning rightious indignation. That's what disgraceful people do when they don't have Truth on their side: they FEIGN everything.
Celeste

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
You are the KKK, posting like this. I will continue to pray for you. Blessings.
M Huckabee

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

MTM wrote:
Gays know they've been so successful in their slick propaganda campaign of selling a carfully crafted oppressed victim persona, that they now feel invincible within that persona. But they know that Truth is and never will be on their side, and that their house of cards can be toppled by even the slightest wind of Truth, so when criticism of any kind rears its ugly head, they revert to drama-queen damage control - feigning rightious indignation. That's what disgraceful people do when they don't have Truth on their side: they FEIGN everything.
You're one crazy sinner.
Gay Clergy and Repubs

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

What's really interesting is how many religious and political figures (mostly republicans) have been caught with their pants down with other men. Yet they preach against homosexuality over and over, lol. It kinda makes you wonder about anyone (including many posting on here) who spews so much religious nonsense and how homosexuals should go to hell, are an abomination, etc. I wonder what latent activities they have going on behind closed doors. Hypocrisy is alive and well in the world.
Charles

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Judged:

This is so true. In a recent LC Sun story on here, I counted the responses from people claiming to be gay and the responses of those opposing the gay lifestyle. 100% of the people advocating the gay lifestyle and claiming to be gay, called those that did not agree with them names, called the person claiming to be a white male a racist term (trailer trash), or made other derogatory remarks. Less that half of those opposed to the gay lifestyle made a derogatory remark.

The reason why people don't like gays is because of how they treat people. This group that preaches tolerance is intolerant as hell. They are militants that only seek to destroy those that don't share the same opinion. 100% is an incredible number. They have a long way to go before their cause can succeed because they are shooting themselves in the foot by being so mean.
PoBoy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

The entire gay agenda relies on bullying. The APA is familiar with the tactics used to coerce it's members to remove homosexuality as a disorder.

In an effort to remove “Homosexuality” from the DSM pro&#8208;sodomy
activists began a program of intimidation aimed at the American Psychiatric
Association circa 1970. Activist Franklin Kameny states the movement’s objective
clearly,“I feel that the entire homophile movement…is going to stand or fall
upon the question of whether or not homosexuality is a sickness, and upon our
taking a firm stand on it…”48 Franklin Kameny led the Washington D.C. chapter
of the Mattachine Society during the 1960’s. In the tradition of Magnus
Hirschfield and Alfred Kinsey, Kameny viewed one’s attraction to a specific
gender as fluid, and viewed acts of sodomy as morally equivalent to natural
sexual acts within the bounds of marriage. Led by radicals like Franklin Kameny,
pro&#8208;sodomy activists attacked psychiatrists across America, as Newsweek
describes:
“But even more than the government, it is the psychiatrists who have
experienced the full rage of the homosexual activists. Over the past two years,
gay&#8208;lib organizations have repeatedly disrupted medical meetings, and three
months ago—in the movements most aggressive demonstration so far—a group
48The Gay Crusaders, by Kay Tobin and Randy Wicker, p. 98
of 30 militants broke into a meeting of the American Psychiatric Association in
Washington, where they turned the staid proceedings into near chaos for twenty
minutes.‘We are here to denounce your authority to call us sick or mentally
disordered,’ shouted the group’s leader, Dr. Franklin Kameny, while the 2,000
shocked psychiatrists looked on in disbelief.‘For us, as homosexuals, your
profession is the enemy incarnate. We demand that psychiatrists treat us as
human beings, not as patients to be cured!’”49
Ironically, at the very moment Franklin Kameny was claiming that
sodomy was healthy, safe, and natural a deadly virus was silently passing
through communities of men all over the nation. Only a decade later, thousands
of men would be dead or dying of AIDS.r.
TardyMarty

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you ever get the idea that I'm here to answer your questions LOL
I'm not your secretary. If you really want the answer to that question, ask Google.
So, you don't have an answer to his question, is that it?

You seem to enjoy blabbering on endlessly without making a point, here's your chance to tell your side...go for it!

How would gay marriage affect your life?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 619
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

San Elizario Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Elizario People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••