Businesses, parks signs of growth: Be...

Businesses, parks signs of growth: Better infrastructure coming to tiny town of Clint

There are 9 comments on the El Paso Times story from Mar 8, 2011, titled Businesses, parks signs of growth: Better infrastructure coming to tiny town of Clint. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Of the five communities in the Lower Valley, Clint stands apart. According to U.S. Census Bureau data, Clint isn't as poor as Fabens, San Elizario, Socorro and Tornillo, and it has less crime than its neighboring communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

CLINT

El Paso, TX

#1 Mar 8, 2011
I love this town....great people, hard working, good place to raise a family. I hope more people realize the potential in this part of the lower valley. The honorable Frank Macias should run for mayor of Clint. I know I would vote for him. I hope more businesses can continue to expand and provide jobs for this amazing town. They have good cotton too!
Panchito Villa

El Paso, TX

#2 Mar 8, 2011
Shut up man!! Clint is nothing but a town of criminals. They got bullies that pick on elderly women and people that try to kidnapp other innocent women..if you really want to focus on a nice town... it Tornillo. We have Sonic Ranch recording studios..the best bakery in the face of the earth...the best family dollar store and Tequilas Ballroom...Arriba Tuercas!!
Lalito

El Paso, TX

#3 Mar 8, 2011
The Tornillo Coyotes are pretty much the best team in the Lower Valley...they have great, hardworking, kind, caring and loving residents. The teachers are the best and also the best looking people live there..I live in Sonoma Ranch country club now but I grew up in Tornillo and I want to go back!!
WhoNamesATownScr ew

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 8, 2011
Panchito Villa wrote:
Shut up man!! Clint is nothing but a town of criminals. They got bullies that pick on elderly women and people that try to kidnapp other innocent women..if you really want to focus on a nice town... it Tornillo. We have Sonic Ranch recording studios..the best bakery in the face of the earth...the best family dollar store and Tequilas Ballroom...Arriba Tuercas!!
First the bully was in Montana Vista, not Clint. Second the kidnapping people were from Fabens, not Clint. And third, that Tequilas place is a narco hangout. The Dollar General in Clint is much better than the Tornillo Family Dollar. The only thing Tornillo does have is Sonic Ranch, which isn't in the city of Tornillo.
El Verguillas

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 8, 2011
I just wanted to say that I have lived all my life in Fabens Tx. I have visited both Tornillo and Clint and to be hones I rather live in Tornillo. Everytime that I have traveled to Clint I feel my life is in jeopardy!! I think that someone will kidnap me or bully me all day long...just like a few months ago that bully mistreated an elderly lady and was on the news!! I rather go around that pass through the town of Clint. I also heard the town smells funny because of all the ranchers using fertilizer!!
CLINT

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 8, 2011
In response to Panchito Villa....I cant wait until they open up the new Border Patrol station so they can catch all those "Coyotes" in Tornillo and send them back to Caseta!
Wanna go Back

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 8, 2011
I don't know what part of Clint you've been, but where I lived the people were great, friendly and helpful. I miss this town especially the Fiestas of San Lorenzo.
Ramon Arevalo

Beaumont, CA

#8 Mar 8, 2011
I attended Clint High in 1955.

Have a lot of fond memories.
Clint79832

El Paso, TX

#9 Mar 9, 2011
All of you negative-comment-leaving folks are just plain ol' confused. Clint is a beautiful, small, quiet town that has SO much potential. I've got almost all of my family living in Clint. So many memories of when I attended school there and still continuing to make memories to this day. I'm glad to hear about the newest additions Clint will have soon. More business would definitely be great! To have more people from the city to come out and enjoy our beautiful town! Go Lions!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A veteran learns how hard it is to land a job a... 50 min Jeremy 80
Day 1 Trumped 1 hr FTJ 2
Sean Gorbbels. press secretary 1 hr The Resistance 1
News Teen girl mall brawl video investigation closed 4 hr butters 1
News El Pasoans celebrate Trump at inauguration party 4 hr New Constable 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 6 hr dortmund 1,055
False News and Myths 12 hr Fortune Teller 4

San Elizario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages