Firefighter on the scene of large bru...

Firefighter on the scene of large brush fire near Clint

There are 6 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Firefighter on the scene of large brush fire near Clint. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Firefighters are battling a large brush fire near Clint tonight, according to emergency radio traffic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Concerned Socorro Citizen

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 16, 2011
Will be praying for this fire to be controlled. For this very reason, the City of Socorro should reconsider banning fireworks in our city, the weather is too dry and I can only imagine the disaster that one spark can cause on this very dry wild grass etc. I just cannot believe that they are allowing for fireworks to be sold during this time. Are they in tune with reality here or not? They better realize that if something does go wrong, it will be their fault for allowing fireworks to be sold and lighted up. God help us!
Government Cheese

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 16, 2011
Concerned Socorro Citizen wrote:
Will be praying for this fire to be controlled. For this very reason, the City of Socorro should reconsider banning fireworks in our city, the weather is too dry and I can only imagine the disaster that one spark can cause on this very dry wild grass etc. I just cannot believe that they are allowing for fireworks to be sold during this time. Are they in tune with reality here or not? They better realize that if something does go wrong, it will be their fault for allowing fireworks to be sold and lighted up. God help us!
Socorro is allowing the sale of fireworks, but not the use of them. And it will be illegal to take them out of Socorro... So there's really no point in buying them.

I wonder who on city council sells fireworks? Or which politician's family sells fireworks? There's no reason NOT to ban them- who's gonna profit?
OutInTheWestTexa s Town

Newcastle, CA

#3 Jun 17, 2011
We need more people to volenteer to help fight these fires. Kudos to those who came to the support of the firefighters.

If you have a problem with the sale of fireworks or the use of them in a safe and controled manner then you should do your part by not buying them and be at the ready to assist the fire department.

Action speaks louder than words.
Concerned Socorro Citizen

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 17, 2011
Government Cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
Socorro is allowing the sale of fireworks, but not the use of them. And it will be illegal to take them out of Socorro... So there's really no point in buying them.
I wonder who on city council sells fireworks? Or which politician's family sells fireworks? There's no reason NOT to ban them- who's gonna profit?
Thank you for the correction about not being allowed to light the fireworks up, but it seems like they are in a sense if they are going to allow the sale of fireworks. It is like providing the cigarette and expecting the smoker to just look at it without lighting it up. Who are they kidding? They know that the County will not be allowing the lighting of fireworks either, so why are they providing what will cause the illegal activity here and in the County? It seems like money is the main issue here, money counts more than safety as usual around here.

This Council of Socorro did not even bother to hold a public hearing with enought time to hear from the citizens of Socorro to weigh out the issues here. They didn't even hold a regular meeting that was due this past Thursday and no doubt that they will probably hold a special meeting sometime during the week and I can almost predict it will be at 5:00 PM since they will not want the citizens of Socorro to go and complain about this issue. Enough of this stupidity! Did they not see what is already happening here in the Valley and it is not even 4th of July? Shame on them if any disaster does happens during this time, for they will be the ones that allowed what others have prohibited to avoid the problem.

Who is connected to who sells them is another issue.
Concern

El Paso, TX

#5 Jun 17, 2011
We must all be very vigilant and report anything that looks like a fire might start. The Fire Department needs all the help they can get. Congratulations to all Fire Personnel for controling this fire IMMEDIATELY!
Teresa Munoz

United States

#6 Jun 17, 2011
I was in that fire I was very very scared and I was geting my dogs and I tried to get away from the fire and im 11 years old and i was terrified of the fire.But i was very thankful for them fighting the fire.My dad and my brother stayed there and taking care or our house and spraying down the house and if you ever see the fire fighters please say for me that im thankful and god bless them and all of their fires.Thank you again for saving my life. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does these farts smell? Sat Mighty farts 3
News Transgender Woman Launches Facebook Site '... Sat Joans farts 13
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Sat Fart art 24,365
Reiki, Does anyone knows who Mario Gomez is? Sat Final Fartdown 4
millions of dollars of tax payers money goes mi... Fri Fart Blissful 4
black AFTER black AFTER black, 👉LIVE PD... Fri Sherwin farts wil... 2
News Add new dynamic by becoming bilingual Fri Fresh aperture farts 15

San Elizario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages