Trashing the desert: Tire dumping a p...

Trashing the desert: Tire dumping a pricey problem

There are 22 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 3, 2011, titled Trashing the desert: Tire dumping a pricey problem. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Tires of all sizes litter irrigation canals in and around Socorro and San Elizario.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 4, 2011
Maybe if there was a program where the city/state would BUY back old tires, some people might sell them.

I see people picking up cans all the time, so maybe 2 or 3 bucks, even $5 a tire buy back program would work. I would imagine some people would be out collecting these tires and making some good money.
Back to Basics

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Jun 4, 2011
You need to start matching the serial numbers with the previous buyers and start fining them!
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 4, 2011
Talk about STUPID.

This one clown says it's impossible to keep up with the illegal tire dumping?

Hello????? Is there anybody out there???? Just smile if you can hear me????

Stop charging for turning in your tires idiots!!!!!!!

Now they want the desert tire dumping police.
Talk about stupid.
RandyC

El Paso, TX

#4 Jun 4, 2011
It's a simple problem to solve, quit charging people to dispose of the tires and get the city or a 3rd party to allow the tires to be dropped off at a convenient location.
Obviously it won't eliminate tire dumping 100% but it will motivate more people to do the right thing if its EASY enough.
Mr-D ElPaso

United States

#5 Jun 4, 2011
Well has anyone around here thought about to try and recycle these tires. There used to be a place in Portland Oregon along the Columbia river that did or still does. The recycling around here is pretty much limited to aluminum cans and any piece of copper that is secured or has electric going through it is up for grabs. Hell stealing copper is like robbing a bank. If some was to pay 1 dollar for a tire to recycle you could't find one in a 50 mile raduis.
edubble

El Paso, TX

#6 Jun 4, 2011
I got 4 tires I'm tryin to dump right now mofucas
Lol

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2011
Leave it up to the Mexicans to just throw their trash anywhere, what do you expect from these non educated mexicans
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Jun 4, 2011
We should be able to leave tires at the fire stations just like babies.
Puppetmaster

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#9 Jun 5, 2011
Finepix wrote:
You consider a baby similar to a tire? Property? This might surprise you the Civil War is over. You need to put on some shoes, learn to read and you might enter the 20th Century.
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#10 Jun 5, 2011
Puppetmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider a baby similar to a tire? Property? This might surprise you the Civil War is over. You need to put on some shoes, learn to read and you might enter the 20th Century.
Have you seen some of those ugly babies those fat mama's are pushing out? Yep, tires look similar. At least a tire served a purpose before they wore out.
Puppetmaster

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#11 Jun 5, 2011
Finepix wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen some of those ugly babies those fat mama's are pushing out? Yep, tires look similar. At least a tire served a purpose before they wore out.
With those used tires you can make some shoes.
cowgirl888

El Paso, TX

#12 Jun 5, 2011
I know there's all this sentiment against illegal dumping (like that psa with the angry old mex. women upset about it), but just WHERE are we supposed to dump our old tires??
cowgirl888

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 6, 2011
Anyone???
Puppetmaster

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#14 Jun 6, 2011
cowgirl888 wrote:
Anyone???
Dump them in WV so they can make shoes and set them on fire to warm themselves in the winter when they cozy up with thier relatives.
what the

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jun 6, 2011
cowgirl888 wrote:
Anyone???
how about building a ramp half way across the rio grands and roll them over to mexico and see how they like trash coming over their side... just a thought. how does that sound cowgirl?
Finepix

Cedar Park, TX

#16 Jun 7, 2011
Puppetmaster wrote:
<quoted text>
With those used tires you can make some shoes.
Don't you mean choos, not shoes?
Great Idea

Laguna Hills, CA

#17 Jun 7, 2011
Bobby wrote:
Maybe if there was a program where the city/state would BUY back old tires, some people might sell them.
I see people picking up cans all the time, so maybe 2 or 3 bucks, even $5 a tire buy back program would work. I would imagine some people would be out collecting these tires and making some good money.
This is a GREAT idea, unfortunately the dodo heads in charge don't like great ideas. they just like to sit in their offices and complain.
Let me tell you

Laguna Hills, CA

#18 Jun 7, 2011
cowgirl888 wrote:
I know there's all this sentiment against illegal dumping (like that psa with the angry old mex. women upset about it), but just WHERE are we supposed to dump our old tires??
up your stinking pie hole!
Better yet

Laguna Hills, CA

#19 Jun 7, 2011
Finepix wrote:
i vote for leaving them all at your house.
T Rex

El Paso, TX

#20 Jun 7, 2011
Everyone knows it's the illegals living in El Paso that are the culprits dumping the old tires. Who else is so dirty in El Paso?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open up your wi-fi to the neighbors 1 hr Horndog 9
Ride a bicycle once in a while! 1 hr Sumbidge 19
News Restaurant review: Tacos Don Cuco is classic Me... 4 hr Richard Crosno 3
News Transgender clinic opens 4 hr huey goins 35
Poll Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 6 hr Manny 2,462
Why Do My Balls Itch 6 hr POS 4
Drama momma! 6 hr Horns 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages