Socorro OKs changes to historic commi...

Socorro OKs changes to historic commission

There are 253 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 18, 2011, titled Socorro OKs changes to historic commission. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The Socorro City Council on Tuesday approved the reorganization of the Historical Landmark Commission, which helps preserve the history and culture of the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Lipan

Silver Spring, MD

#245 Mar 2, 2012
Suky wrote:
I do not appreciate when someone makes statements about something that I never said. D. Garcia lied about me wanting only citizens of Socorro to be on the Historicial Landmark Commission. From the beginning as the Chair HLC Commission and throughout my term, I had asked for the city elected officials to appoint members from El Paso County with the knowledge and expertise in the fields and disciplines of archaeology, historical preservation, etc. to help us make sound decisions and recommendations regarding the applications or projects that come before the HLC Commission. I don't feel that I criticized the ordinance either, I simply voiced my concerns regarding where the ordinance could be worded better to comply with the City of Socorro Charter and the inclusion of specifications for the requirements and procedures needed on certain sections of the ordinance. Now, how I wish that they would have taken into consideration the ordinance that the past Texas Historical Landmark Executive Director, the HLC Ordinance Committee and I had worked on for an extended period of time as we were tasked to do, but they did not respond to that issue, so all we can do is move on and pray that our HLC Commissioners that are serving at the present time and in the future will be respected when it comes to their recommendations, especially the respect for our Historical District and our Registered Historical Landmarks.
Suky - Saludos. Perdona que me dirijo a ti a través de esta vía, pero no vi otra manera de hacerlo. Fue un gusto conocerte este miércoles en el foro para los candidatos para el cargo de city manager en Socorro. Me fascinó mucho lo que me contaste del trabajo que has hecho para introducir a Apaches en US con sus comunidades antiguas en México. También me interesó lo que me contaste que hay muchos Lipanes en Socorro y sus alrededores. Es que yo también soy Lipan. Yo y mi familia somos miembros matriculados del Lipan Apache Tribe of Texas. Porto con mucho honor mi carnet oficial de identidad emitido por la tribu. Como ya has de saber, no fui seleccionado para el cargo en Socorro. Por lo tanto no voy ha poder encontrarme con mis compatriotas allá, pero te pido que me pongas en contacto los Lipanes que conoces por allá para desde aquí estrechar vínculos. Los councilmembers y los ejecutivos del City of Socorro tienen mis coordinantes. Atentamente.- Oscar
Pinal

El Paso, TX

#246 Jun 6, 2012
The water park is almost finished. Hopefully it will be for july of this year. the little group of people that were complaining about it being built, will be htere enjoying it. HAHAHAHAHA. See www.socorronewsblogspot.com for more news.
happy

El Paso, TX

#247 Oct 23, 2012
Pinal wrote:
The water park is almost finished. Hopefully it will be for july of this year. the little group of people that were complaining about it being built, will be htere enjoying it. HAHAHAHAHA. See www.socorronewsblogspot.com for more news.
The park is gorgeous! Good work city council and don't listen to the people that are green with envy. They don't count.
Stuuuuupid

El Paso, TX

#248 Oct 23, 2012
Pinal wrote:
The water park is almost finished. Hopefully it will be for july of this year. the little group of people that were complaining about it being built, will be htere enjoying it. HAHAHAHAHA. See www.socorronewsblogspot.com for more news.
Dearest Jesse (or cronie of Jesse),

You do realize that July of this year already passed right? Come on vato you cant be that stupid. You mean to say, July of next year since this year is 2012 and next year is 2013. Trini leaving made council just a tid bit smarter but appearantly not smart enough. Also, stop promoting your blog so much. Its kinda stupid for an elected official to be tied to these comments and then to the blog as well.
jessepuneta

United States

#249 Oct 24, 2012
Jesees' blog is a joke just like he is a joke. And the entire city will be laughing when he gets arrested. When all the evidence is in the arrest warrents will go out and jesse will be the first one served Wiles will make sure of that. I hope that Webb will be the one serving it too. Enjoy jail with all your loser friends.
Rei

Corpus Christi, TX

#250 Oct 31, 2012
who cares about Agua Dulce, everyone just get out, eventually this town will run out of money and go into bankruptsy, it's pathetic
rei

El Paso, TX

#251 Aug 26, 2013
Rei wrote:
who cares about Agua Dulce, everyone just get out, eventually this town will run out of money and go into bankruptsy, it's pathetic
Don't be so mean, everyone should count as a human being.
elgavilan

Rio Rancho, NM

#252 Aug 26, 2013
Rei wrote:
who cares about Agua Dulce, everyone just get out, eventually this town will run out of money and go into bankruptsy, it's pathetic
Hey stuuuupid Agua Dulce is in Horizen!
nononono

El Paso, TX

#253 Sep 2, 2013
elgavilan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stuuuupid Agua Dulce is in Horizen!
I guess this is Trini,,,it is Horizon, not Horizen! still uneducated.
asique

El Paso, TX

#254 Sep 2, 2013
Lipan wrote:
<quoted text>
Suky - Saludos. Perdona que me dirijo a ti a través de esta vía, pero no vi otra manera de hacerlo. Fue un gusto conocerte este miércoles en el foro para los candidatos para el cargo de city manager en Socorro. Me fascinó mucho lo que me contaste del trabajo que has hecho para introducir a Apaches en US con sus comunidades antiguas en México. También me interesó lo que me contaste que hay muchos Lipanes en Socorro y sus alrededores. Es que yo también soy Lipan. Yo y mi familia somos miembros matriculados del Lipan Apache Tribe of Texas. Porto con mucho honor mi carnet oficial de identidad emitido por la tribu. Como ya has de saber, no fui seleccionado para el cargo en Socorro. Por lo tanto no voy ha poder encontrarme con mis compatriotas allá, pero te pido que me pongas en contacto los Lipanes que conoces por allá para desde aquí estrechar vínculos. Los councilmembers y los ejecutivos del City of Socorro tienen mis coordinantes. Atentamente.- Oscar
Yo ya me di cuenta de que te cres la duena de Socorro, y aunque vives alli, major le ayudas a otra gente. Lastima
undianoindia

El Paso, TX

#255 Oct 31, 2013
asique wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo ya me di cuenta de que te cres la duena de Socorro, y aunque vives alli, major le ayudas a otra gente. Lastima
un dia se va a dar quenta que ha echo mucho sdano a la siudad onde vive. mensa
undianoindia

El Paso, TX

#256 Oct 31, 2013
asique wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo ya me di cuenta de que te cres la duena de Socorro, y aunque vives alli, major le ayudas a otra gente. Lastima
tambien a mucha jente.
Y TE CRES CANTANTE

Dallas, TX

#257 Jun 25, 2014
Suky wrote:
I do not appreciate when someone makes statements about something that I never said. D. Garcia lied about me wanting only citizens of Socorro to be on the Historicial Landmark Commission. From the beginning as the Chair HLC Commission and throughout my term, I had asked for the city elected officials to appoint members from El Paso County with the knowledge and expertise in the fields and disciplines of archaeology, historical preservation, etc. to help us make sound decisions and recommendations regarding the applications or projects that come before the HLC Commission. I don't feel that I criticized the ordinance either, I simply voiced my concerns regarding where the ordinance could be worded better to comply with the City of Socorro Charter and the inclusion of specifications for the requirements and procedures needed on certain sections of the ordinance. Now, how I wish that they would have taken into consideration the ordinance that the past Texas Historical Landmark Executive Director, the HLC Ordinance Committee and I had worked on for an extended period of time as we were tasked to do, but they did not respond to that issue, so all we can do is move on and pray that our HLC Commissioners that are serving at the present time and in the future will be respected when it comes to their recommendations, especially the respect for our Historical District and our Registered Historical Landmarks.
Tanto que le dises a la jente que tu hases, y hases, por la gente, y estubiste anos y anos en la commission de hisstoria y que hisiste,.......NADA, NADA, NADA .......NAADA, NADA, NADA. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHALA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexicans in Califonrnia Resort to Mysticism to ... 20 min Tromp em 1
News Police say Fort Bliss soldier hit 4 women in st... (Jun '08) 1 hr L Morales 78
News AHH Stray News: 50 Fans In El Paso Pissed, Comm... 1 hr L Morales 5
News El Paso democrats hold debate watch party 1 hr L Morales 6
News Lure of land gives way to frustration (Aug '08) 4 hr DC Dave 123
Expel juden from El Paso 4 hr DC Dave 20
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 17 hr Defiant1 23,534

San Elizario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages