With parents deported, San Eli studen...

With parents deported, San Eli student must fend for himself

There are 106 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 20, 2010, titled With parents deported, San Eli student must fend for himself. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Luis Hernandez copes with many issues every day that his classmates at San Elizario High School won't deal with for years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sheriff Joe Rocks

El Paso, TX

#102 Oct 9, 2010
Bikerknight wrote:
<quoted text>
The point here is, he IS 18, the legal right make this decision resides with him, not you or me. If he can make his own wayt in the world on this side of our border with Mexico, I say let him do it. As for him being born illegally, choose your words a bit better, or justify your comment, please. I am aware of no laws regarding the birthing of children that were broken during his birth; either by him or his mother. The fact that his parents broke the law years before his birth does not confer any guilt upon him.
Contextually wrong or not, the current "interpretation" of the 14th Amendment holds that the man is a US citizen. There being no other reasonable and lawful response to the situation, I say more power to him.
The Mexican government and the Mexican people have been really unhelpful neighbors in this whole illegal alien invasion issue for the last several decades. That is not appropriately laid at this young man's feet.
Actually the point is, that yes he is 18, but he was born here ILLEGALY.
Why do you have a difficult time with this?
His parents were illegal, had the baby for free paid by you and me and now gets a FREE education also at taxpayer expense. Is that right? No....it's not.
The money that U.S. taxpayers pay should be going to U.S. citizens, not because of a manipulation of the 14th Amendment.....by some slick lawyers.

The 14th Amendment was for the slaves. Period. Not for illegal aliens from any country.
Have you actually read it?

In your view, it is OK to break a law but enforce another one?

You seem to be ok with breaking the law of entering the United States illegaly, then you want to enforce the law of the 14th amendment after the fact?

Doesn't make any sense.

The law is the law........and just because the kid is 18 NOW, doesn't change anything....just means his parents broke the law 18 years ago.

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#103 Oct 14, 2010
Sheriff Joe Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the point is, that yes he is 18, but he was born here ILLEGALY.
Why do you have a difficult time with this?
His parents were illegal, had the baby for free paid by you and me and now gets a FREE education also at taxpayer expense. Is that right? No....it's not.
The money that U.S. taxpayers pay should be going to U.S. citizens, not because of a manipulation of the 14th Amendment.....by some slick lawyers.
The 14th Amendment was for the slaves. Period. Not for illegal aliens from any country.
Have you actually read it?
In your view, it is OK to break a law but enforce another one?
You seem to be ok with breaking the law of entering the United States illegaly, then you want to enforce the law of the 14th amendment after the fact?
Doesn't make any sense.
The law is the law........and just because the kid is 18 NOW, doesn't change anything....just means his parents broke the law 18 years ago.
Dude,
You may be misreading what I wrote. The bottom line is, despite my disagreement with it, the "law of the land" calls the man a citizen.(The current jurisprudential practice of granting citizenship based upon birth, despite the parents' illegal status, has been "tied" to the XIV Amendment. Wishing it away is not a method for remedying this horrible situation. At this point, only another Amendment will accomplish that.)
I am all for fixing the horrendous damage this ill-advised and childishly worded amendment has done to our republic, but the fact remains that its awful effects are now enshrined as if included in the language of the Constitution. I want that changed, but I also want Roe v. Wade overturned for a number of reasons. That said, the bad decisions remain and have the weight, not of law, but of the highest law, the Constitution. My respect for the document, the only thing that binds me politically to you (or practically anyone else not related to me by marriage or blood), is such that I cannot merely say "to hell with three branches of government charged with the enactment of this charter, just do it my way!"
As far as the crime of entering the US illegally, in point of fact, HE never did so. He is, in every way imaginable, innocent of that crime; having first drawn breath here in our country. You are mad that his parents got away with so many years on the lam here; so am I. Still, not his doing, not his responsibility. Your animosity against him is unjustified by your stated charges and therefore is unjust.
Sheriff Joe Rocks

El Paso, TX

#104 Oct 17, 2010
Bikerknight wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude,
You may be misreading what I wrote. The bottom line is, despite my disagreement with it, the "law of the land" calls the man a citizen.(The current jurisprudential practice of granting citizenship based upon birth, despite the parents' illegal status, has been "tied" to the XIV Amendment. Wishing it away is not a method for remedying this horrible situation. At this point, only another Amendment will accomplish that.)
I am all for fixing the horrendous damage this ill-advised and childishly worded amendment has done to our republic, but the fact remains that its awful effects are now enshrined as if included in the language of the Constitution. I want that changed, but I also want Roe v. Wade overturned for a number of reasons. That said, the bad decisions remain and have the weight, not of law, but of the highest law, the Constitution. My respect for the document, the only thing that binds me politically to you (or practically anyone else not related to me by marriage or blood), is such that I cannot merely say "to hell with three branches of government charged with the enactment of this charter, just do it my way!"
As far as the crime of entering the US illegally, in point of fact, HE never did so. He is, in every way imaginable, innocent of that crime; having first drawn breath here in our country. You are mad that his parents got away with so many years on the lam here; so am I. Still, not his doing, not his responsibility. Your animosity against him is unjustified by your stated charges and therefore is unjust.
Again, you want to enforce the law after another law was broken to enforce the second. I believe theres a lawyers term for that, but not sure what it is called.
NOW that he's 18 he can stay because of the manipulaton of the 14th amendment created for slaves.

When he was born were his parents illegal still?
Yes. So if he was deported with his parents THEN you would be ok with it?
Just because he made it to 18 NOW he can stay?

Sorry, not going to buy it.
He should go home with his parents, he has been breaking the law for 18 years and we should not award him with any special favors.

“End the War on Arizona”

Since: Jan 08

El Paso, TX

#105 Oct 18, 2010
Sheriff Joe Rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you want to enforce the law after another law was broken to enforce the second. I believe theres a lawyers term for that, but not sure what it is called.
NOW that he's 18 he can stay because of the manipulaton of the 14th amendment created for slaves.
When he was born were his parents illegal still?
Yes. So if he was deported with his parents THEN you would be ok with it?
Just because he made it to 18 NOW he can stay?
Sorry, not going to buy it.
He should go home with his parents, he has been breaking the law for 18 years and we should not award him with any special favors.
I don't know why you cannot get it through your head that this young man has never violated any US immigration law. His parents did and they were deported for it, at long last. Until the current interpretation of the 14th Amendment is reversed by SCOTUS, or corrected by further amendment, all children born in circumstances similar to his will continue to be considered US citizens. I really hate to break this to you, but should they ever reverse this idiotic interpretation, all those who have been granted citizenship up to now will be grandfathered; they will not lose their status as citizens. Just because you want this kid to be guilty of a crime does not make it so. Go have a good cry and then get over it.
mojado

Garza García, Mexico

#106 Jan 4, 2011
all u ignorant fools should read up on your history if you do you will find that all of your ancestors of you so called americans, many of them came from others parts of the world and the true americans of most of the part of the united states were the indians and mexicans that were here way before any of you and have more rigth to be here than most of you gringos that call yourselves americans so just leave the poor kid alone and quit critiscizing everybody else and stop saying that us mexicans are taking your jobs, most of you don't or won't even do most of these jobs anyway and live off of what the government gives you and off of the taxes that those of us who just come here to really work pay so stop your wining and live and let live.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#107 Jan 5, 2011
mojado wrote:
all u ignorant fools should read up on your history if you do you will find that all of your ancestors of you so called americans, many of them came from others parts of the world and the true americans of most of the part of the united states were the indians and mexicans that were here way before any of you and have more rigth to be here than most of you gringos that call yourselves americans so just leave the poor kid alone and quit critiscizing everybody else and stop saying that us mexicans are taking your jobs, most of you don't or won't even do most of these jobs anyway and live off of what the government gives you and off of the taxes that those of us who just come here to really work pay so stop your wining and live and let live.
Wow.Ever heard of a 'sentence'? Perhaps you've heard of a 'dictionary'? Ask your neighbor what a 'school' is. Wonder how many of your anchor spawn 'live off what the government gives them'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Elizario Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 29 min Truth is might 24,366
kickass snake for sale (Jun '06) 2 hr Fart venom 52
This is another abandoned topix forum 17 hr Been farting 58
News Judge's final ruling may hinder Downtown arenaa 17 hr DC Fart 1
Have you ever farted while taking a vergota up ... 17 hr Rodney Dangerfart 9
New Starts 18 hr Waiting 4 Farts 3
What ever became of the Choda Mountain Tower? Sat Sporty fart spice 4

San Elizario Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Elizario Mortgages